A master’s in cyber security in Canada is a one-to-two-year course available across many institutions in the country. Doing your MS in cyber security in Canada ensures a lucrative future career ahead. Tuition fees are usually between CAD 17,000-31,000 per year or roughly INR 9.86-17.98 lakh per year. Many universities in Canada offer courses in this booming field.
Also Check : Study in Canada
Why Study Master’s in Cyber Security in Canada?
Opting for a cyber security master’s in Canada is worthwhile for the following reasons:
- Canada is one of the most popular global destinations for studying cyber security, offering excellent job prospects, huge demand for cyber security professionals, and sufficient employment opportunities.
- Universities for cyber security in Canada are ranked amongst the best in the world as per THE (Times Higher Education) and other rankings.
- The Government in Canada invests handsomely in its National Cyber Security Strategy, facilitating the growth of cyber security as a lucrative and respected career choice.
Top Universities for MS in Cyber Security in Canada
Here are the best universities for master’s in cyber security in Canada:
Many PG certificate programs (cyber security program at Centennial College) and PG diploma programs (Diploma in Network Security at the University of Winnipeg and Diploma in Information Security at Red River College) are available for aspirants.
Cost of Studying MS in Cyber Security in Canada
The cost of studying MS in cyber security in Canada is as follows:
- Average tuition fees of INR 9.86-17.98 lakh per year.
- Average living costs of INR 10-11 lakh per year including accommodation, food, groceries, transportation, and other miscellaneous expenditure.
Of course, you can always reduce the financial burden with master’s in cyber security in Canada scholarships.
Seeking Education abroad in a country like Canada is only possible if you follow the admission requirements thoroughly. They include:
- Undergraduate degree in cyber security, computer science, or any related field.
- GPA of 3 on a four-point scale of 73-76% on average.
- Grade of B or higher.
- IELTS/TOEFL scores.
- Many universities may ask you to take specific examinations or remedial courses.
- GRE scores could also be needed.
- Academic transcripts and mark sheets.
- ID Proof and Photographs.
- IELTS/TOEFL score sheets.
- GRE scores if needed.
Cyber Security Jobs in Canada
Many renowned IT organizations in Canada offer a handsome pay scale, making Canada’s cyber security analyst salary stand out in the top list of the career with the highest salaries. Skilled professionals can earn upwards of CAD 97,500 annually or approximately INR 56.55 lakh. Some of the available job profiles include cyber security cloud specialists, cyber security specialists, analysts, account executives, architects, and marketing managers. Entry-level salaries of the graduates stand at CAD 42,716 or INR 24.77 lakh and go till CAD 97,500 or INR 56.82 lakh for graduates coming out from some of the best universities for master’s in cyber security in Canada. For the experienced skill holders, it may cross 165,750 CAD or INR 96 lakh per year. Here’s looking at some of the job positions with their average salaries:
The documents required for the student visa include the following:
- An acceptance letter from the institution.
- Letter of explanation.
- Identity proof, i.e., valid passport and passport-size photographs.
- Financial support proof.
- CAQ for applying to an institution in Quebec.
You must apply offline or online by paying the applicable charges and biometric costs. Indian students can apply quickly via SDS (Student Direct Stream) methods.
Here are some of the scholarships available for international aspirants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Canada good for cyber security?
Canada is one of the best places to study cyber security, offering stable and rewarding future careers in the field. Many Canadian provinces are seeing soaring demand for cyber security professionals in almost all businesses and industries, leading to a rise in average remuneration. Canada is also home to the world’s foremost cyber security institutions and programs.
How much do cyber security analysts make in Canada?
Cyber security analysts usually start off at roughly INR 60.52 lakh per year and this may increase to a handsome INR 85 lakh per year with experience and skill-building. On average, entry-level salaries are somewhere around INR 53.41 lakh per year. The demand for cyber security is increasing, making pursuing the cybersecurity master’s in Canada a wise one. There is a specific job market for cybersecurity globally, which is booming across the globe, let alone Canada.
What is the best university for an MS in Cyber Security in Canada?
Some of the top universities to study an MS in cyber security in Canada include the University of New Brunswick, the University of Ontario Institute of Technology, and Concordia University to name a few.
How’s the demand for cyber security professionals in Canada for a recent master’s graduate?
Demand is quite high for cyber security professionals in Canada, especially for recent master’s graduates. There are abundant job opportunities in several technological fields and leading companies. Some provinces like Halifax, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, and Toronto witness huge demand for cyber security professionals.
Is cyber security a good career in Canada?
Cyber security is a flourishing career option in Canada. The country witnesses sizable demand for trained professionals, with more companies and agencies turning their efforts towards cyber security. Hiring volumes are increasing every year, and the country is witnessing sizable demand amongst students for this course. It is certainly a rewarding career option here with attractive starting salaries.
Popular Study Abroad Programs
Start Your Study Abroad
✓ Save upto 30Lakh ✓ No IELTS required
✓End to end Visa/Application support
✓End to end Visa/Application support