TOEFL, or Test of English as a Foreign Language, is an international standardized test that measures all four academic English skills–reading, listening, speaking, and writing–among non-native English-speaking students. It is conducted by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), to evaluate English proficiency in students that seek admission to universities and colleges in English-speaking countries. The test-takers need to produce some documents at the time of registration and while taking the test. The need for a document ID depends upon which country the student plans to take the test in. Here’s some information regarding the documents required for the TOEFL exam that are common for all countries that accept the exam’s scores:
List of documents required for TOEFL exam in India and other countries:
Here are some of the documents that TOEFL aspirants need to produce at the time of test and registration:
- TOEFL applicants must have a valid passport. The passport should be valid at the time of registration and during the examination as well. Students need to carry the original copy of their passport along with them at the time of examination. Xerox copies or digital pictures of your passport will not be accepted on the exam day.
- If students don’t have a passport, they can register with a National Photo ID or a Military Identification Card. The identification proof should have a photograph of the applicant and it should not be an expired one. The ID should be registered nationally, which proves that the applicant is a citizen of that country.
- For applicants below 15 years of age, a parent’s consent letter is important. The consent form can be downloaded from the official ETS website, and it needs to be submitted before taking the test. Both students and parents need to submit photo ID proofs that are valid and accepted.
A few important tips for TOEFL registration:
- Students need to choose the examination center, date, and time carefully at the time of registration.
- The identification document used at the time of registration should be carried along on the day of examination. The details and information mentioned in the registration form should match with the ID proof.
- It is recommended to register 3 to 4 months before the test day to get a convenient date, test center, and timing.
- Do remember the login credentials that are used for registration for the examination. The test-taker profile is very important for all types of test-related communication.
- Always use a credit card or debit card to pay the registration fee.
- ● Take a printout or save your TOEFL confirmation page for future use.