GMAT Exam Duration: What is the Time Duration of the GMAT ExamUpdated on 02 June, 2022
Study Abroad Expert
Study Abroad Expert
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a standardized entrance examination to get admission into the top-ranked business schools worldwide. The test evaluates the skills that students need to perform in b-schools. A strong GMAT score makes it easy for students to take admission in globally recognized and ranked b-schools.
So, if you want to appear for GMAT, it is important to know the GMAT exam duration and what you need to carry to the examination center on the day of the examination.
The GMAT examination has four sections - analytical writing assessment, integrated reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and verbal reasoning. Students can take two optional breaks of eight minutes during the test. The total GMAT exam duration is 3 hours 7 minutes, excluding two optional eight-minute breaks. Here is the section-wise time allotted for the GMAT exam duration:
What does the Course include:
According to Graduate Management Admission Council, GMAC, every GMAT aspirant needs to follow the rules and regulations about what they should carry along with them to the test center. Here’s a complete list of things that you need to carry along with you on the day of the GMAT examination:
1. Approved photo identification copy: Carry along a photo identification proof that GMAT approves. If you forget to carry along an ID proof or it does not meet the requirements according to the qualifications, you will not be allowed to take the test. According to GMAC, a photo identification proof should be approved if it has the following:
2. Appointment confirmation letter: It can also be the formal official email you received from Pearson VUE. If there is any confusion regarding the exam date or time, you can solve such discrepancies with the help of the application confirmation.
4. Prescription eyeglasses are allowed to wear during the test.
5. Light sweater or any comfortable layers you want to put on while writing the test.
6. If you need any other help or support due to physical disabilities, you need to get those things approved by the test center with prior information.
Know More About GMAT:
|GMAT Eligibility||Syllabus For GMAT||Exam Pattern of GMAT|
|GMAT Exam Dates 2022||GMAT Test Centers in India||GMAT Registration|
|GMAT Results & GMAT Scores||Validity of GMAT Score||GMAT Preparation Books|
The GMAT exam duration is 3 hours and 7 minutes. It has four separately timed sections. Additionally, there are two optional breaks of 8 minutes each, which candidates can take if they intend to. These breaks are not included in the GMAT time duration.
Well, it all depends on what your study schedule looks like. Some people can manage with two to three hours of study daily. Others may take four to five hours of study to grasp the same content. If you are aiming for a 750-score in your GMAT, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
No, it is not difficult to crack GMAT if you have prepared well for it. You only need to be disciplined in your approach and go through the syllabus well.
Now available in both online and offline format, GMAT is accepted by top business schools worldwide. More than 2,300+ schools use the GMAT exam for MBA admissions. Some of the top b-schools that accept GMAT scores include Harvard Business School, Booth School of Business, Yale School of Management, among others.
CHAT WITH US 1