Doing an MBA without GMAT in Canada is possible at some institutions. While most universities look for GRE or GMAT scores, some have different requirements. Many colleges offer MBA in Canada without GMAT, although these programs, in some cases, may require work experience.
MBA without GMAT in Canada- Details:
An MBA in Canada without GMAT for international students is possible at the following institutions:
|Name of Institution||Cost of Program|
|Schulich Business School||CAD 106,900 or INR 63.40 lakhs|
|DeGroote Business School||CAD 38,500 or INR 22.83 lakhs|
|Thompson Rivers University||CAD 45,908 or INR 27.22 lakhs|
|New York Institute of Technology (NYIT)||USD 31,920 or INR 23.72 lakhs|
|Lakehead University||CAD 27,000 or INR 26.01lakhs|
|Wilfrid Laurier University||CAD 49,739 (INR 29.50 lakhs)|
How to get into MBA in Canada without GMAT:
Getting into the top MBA colleges in Canada without GMAT requires a thorough understanding of all other admission requirements. Here are some of them:
- You should have higher GPA scores in your bachelor’s course than the minimum requirements at your preferred university.
- Ideally, two-three years of work experience helps students get admission into MBA courses without the GMAT.
- A stand-out resume or CV that showcases your undergraduate degree, internships, and skills, may help.
- Strong letters of recommendation or LORs are also vital for getting admission into MBA courses without the GMAT.
Other MBA Courses in Canada without GMAT:
There are many other universities in Canada for MBA without GMAT. They include the following:
- Accelerated MBA for Business Graduates at Queen’s University (Smith School of Business). The course requires two years of professional experience and an undergraduate degree in accounting, business, or marketing.
- York University’s Executive MBA: Those graduating in the Schulich BBA course in the last five years need not provide GMAT scores. Also, GPAs should be higher than or at least B+ to gain admission.
- Part-Time & Accelerated MBA at Ivey Business School Toronto.
- Executive & Part-Time MBA at the University of Toronto.
- Executive MBA at McGill University.
- Executive MBA at HEC Montreal.
- Executive MBA at Concordia University.
- Lakehead University has a Business Skills Development course. Those completing this can join an MBA course without the GMAT. It is a one-year course with three terms in all.
- Thompson Rivers University has a part-time MB program of five years, or a one-year accelerated MBA course. TOEFL scores are a must in this case.
MBA in Canada for Indian Students without GMAT- Eligibility:
- GPA of at least 3.0 and more in an undergraduate course.
- Work experience of at least two years for those graduating from four-year UG courses and three years for those graduating from three-year UG courses.
- At least two-three LORs from academic and professional supervisors.
- Latest Resume/CV with details of work experience and internships.
MBA in Canada without GMAT: Work Experience:
There are some institutions accepting students without work experience for MBA programs. They include the following:
- Thompson Rivers University
- Dalhousie University
- New York Institute of Technology, Vancouver
- Cape Breton University
- University of Windsor
- Vancouver Island University
- Saint Mary’s University
- University of Alberta
- Queen’s University
Average Costs of MBA without GMAT in Canada:
The average costs of doing an MBA without GMAT include the following:
- Tuition Costs- Approximately CAD$ 36,000 or INR 21.34 lakhs.
- Living Costs- Around CAD$ 7,000-35,000 annually or INR 4.17-20.83 lakhs per year.
Admissions Deadline for MBA without GMAT in Canada:
The deadline for intakes in fall (September) is between September and December or early in January for all courses. The deadline is January to May for the winter session, which begins from January in the case of specific programs. May to August is the admissions intake period for the summer session in the case of short-term programs.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. Is GMAT Required for MBA in Canada?
Most Canadian and global universities need GMAT scores for testing the skills and knowledge of MBA applicants. Yet, there are some universities and business schools in Canada that accept aspirants without GMAT scores. However, many of them insist on other requirements like the professional experience of two-three years or even specific TOEFL scores. They may also require minimum GPA scores from candidates.
Q. Which Exam is Required for MBA in Canada?
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is the main examination for pursuing an MBA in Canada. Most universities and colleges need GMAT scores for admitting aspirants to their MBA programs. However, some institutions accept candidates without GMAT scores as well. They follow other requirements like TOEFL or IELTS scores (proof of English language proficiency), work experience, SOPs, CVs or Resumes, and LORs. Hence, in an ideal scenario, both GMAT and IELTS or TOEFL help get admission into an MBA program in Canada.
Q. Is GMAT Waived for 2022?
With the continued occurrence of coronavirus cases and fluctuations in travel and health and safety guidelines throughout the world, many international universities have already waived their GMAT and GRE admission requirements for the Fall 2022 and Spring 2022 sessions. It will be a relief to many international applicants who have been unable to sit for these examinations.
Q. What GMAT Score Do You Need to Do an MBA in Canada?
Reports say that 550 is the minimum GMAT score needed for getting admission into an MBA college/university in Canada. The average score is usually between 500-600 as per the criteria at most institutions. It is, of course, possible to apply for an MBA without GMAT at several institutions. However, you should meet the other criteria like specific IELTS scores, submitting a good SOP, LORs, resume, and clearing the interview. Many institutions insist on a GPA of 3.0 or higher as the candidate’s score in their undergraduate course.