MBA in Ireland without GMAT- Things worth knowingUpdated on 27 April, 2022
Study Abroad Expert
Study Abroad Expert
Is it possible to do your MBA in Ireland without GMAT? While most Irish universities offer full-time courses that require GMAT scores as part of the admission process, some institutions allow you to study without GMAT scores. MBA courses are 1-2 year full-time or part-time programs in Ireland that award you globally recognized degrees, one of the perks of studying abroad in a good country.
International students usually prefer to study in Ireland for its competitive course fees and globally reputed universities. When it comes to MBA colleges in Ireland without GMAT, they are fewer in number. On average, the requirements for doing your MBA at Irish universities include the following:
● Three- or four-year UG degree in a related subject.
● GRE or GMAT scores.
● TOEFL/IELTS/PTE scores as proof of English language proficiency.
● Personal interview in some cases.
● 2-3 years of work experience as compulsory at some universities.
You will also require documents like the following:
● Scanned passport copy.
● Academic transcripts and mark sheets.
● LORs and SOP.
● Two Letters of Reference.
● Score sheets of English language proficiency tests.
Now that you have an idea about the eligibility criteria, you should also know that some universities and business schools accept applicants without GMAT scores. In such cases, these institutions may prioritize earlier academic scores and track records or even the scores in IELTS/TOEFL. There are sometimes waivers on submitting GMAT/GRE scores for admissions if students have PhD/master’s degrees in any quantitative subject from a recognized university or work experience of 8-10 years.
These requirements are also waived if the university considers other qualifications and professional accomplishments worthy of the same. The admissions committee will have full discretion in granting waivers.
|Learn More About Studying in Ireland|
|Business Analytics Course in Ireland||Top MBA Universities in Ireland||Pharmacy Courses in Ireland|
|MBA in International Business in Ireland||Master's in Data Analytics in Ireland||Masters In Computer Science In Ireland|
|How to Get Ireland citizenship||Cost of Living in Dublin, Ireland for Students & Families||Canada or Ireland- Making a choice|
As mentioned earlier, only a handful of universities offer MBA in Ireland without GMAT.
Here’s looking at some of them and the detailed eligibility criteria-
1. National College of Ireland (NCI)-
NCI offers Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a tenure of two years and is aimed at those who have a minimum of three years of professional experience. Here are the eligibility criteria:
● 2.2 Honors degree of applicants in either non-cognate or cognate level 8 subject on the NFQ (National Framework of Qualifications).
● Minimum three years of postgraduate working experience (ideally in management if possible).
● English language proficiency proof.
● RPEL (Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning) is an offering by the institution where applicants who have work experience but are not graduates may apply.
● Total fees are roughly €12,750 or INR 10.68 lakh.
2. Ulster University Business School-
MBA (Master of Business Administration) is offered by the Ulster University Business School’s Department of Management, Leadership and Marketing. The program is taught on the Belfast campus and various qualifications have recognition for admission into the same. Here are the eligibility criteria:
● Applicants should possess second-class honours degrees or any equivalent degree.
● They should have two years of work experience (the institution also considers volunteering, part-time work, placements, etc).
● Graduates from any academic stream can apply.
● The minimum IELTS score should be 6 with a minimum individual band score of 5.5. If submitting Trinity ISE scores, then candidates should pass at level-III while adhering to the criteria for Tier-4 visas. The university also recognizes many other English language proficiency tests.
● Exemptions are given to those transferring from other MBA programs with suitable accreditation.
● Those studying equivalent programs as Level 7, which covers MBA subject matter, may get exemptions in some course modules.
3. Dublin Business School-
Offers 2-year full-time MBA. Part-time students can complete this course in two years as well. Here are the eligibility criteria:
● Level 8 UG honours or bachelor’s degree with 2.2 or second class second division classification as a minimum.
● Equivalent professional accreditation such as CIMA or ACCA.
● CEFRL, PTE, DBS English Assessment, IELTS and Cambridge Certificate, among other recognized English language proficiency tests. Score sheets are to be provided with a minimum threshold of B2+ or higher on the CEFRL or equivalent.
● GMAT is only compulsory for those applicants without a Bachelors/Honours Level 8 degree with second class second division classifications.
● Those without the Level 8 qualification but with three years of work experience may also be taken into consideration via RPL processes at Dublin Business School.
● Relevant professional experience is always considered at the institution and admissions are analyzed on a case-to-case basis according to the institution’s official site.
● The fees are roughly €13,500 or INR 11.31 lakh per year.
Now that you know about the universities taking admissions without mandatory GMAT scores, you can carefully check out their official websites and apply with all necessary documents if you are eligible. In an ideal scenario, it is recommended that you give the GMAT since this will only add weightage to your application. However, if you cannot appear for the GMAT for various reasons, follow this useful guide.
What does the Course include:
CHAT WITH US 1