Documents Required for IELTS exam & Tips for RegistrationUpdated on 18 October, 2022
Study Abroad Expert
Study Abroad Expert
IELTS or International English Language Testing System is a standardized English Language test for study, immigration, and work in foreign countries. It is designed to measure the language proficiency of students who want to study in countries where English is the primary mode of study and communication. Students applying for the test should be aware of the documents required for IELTS exam registration.
International students appearing for the IELTS examination must have a valid passport. A passport is the main identity proof that is required for registration. The unique passport ID is used at the time of registration for the examination. The students need to carry the original copy of their valid passport with them on the test day. The same ID that has been used to register for the examination should be carried on the day of the test. Students below 18 years of age need to present a ‘consent form for minors’ before appearing for the examination.
Note: Without a passport, students will not be able to register for the IELTS examination as per the guidelines of IDP (Conducting bodies of IELTS).
1. The information provided by the candidate when applying for the test should match the information in the passport.
2. Students under 18 years of age need to submit a document of consent while registering for the test. He/she must be at least 16 years of age to take the test.
3. During the registration, students need to enter the correct information and details.
4. The slots of examination and mode (offline and online) should be chosen at the time of registration.
5. Aspirants should try to register early. This will ensure the availability of slots at your desired location.
6. You can choose any day out of the 48 days per year (four per month), as allocated by IELTS conducting bodies, to take the test.
The photo ID proof used during the registration should be carried on the day of the examination, or else the students will not be allowed to take the examination. Make sure the passport is valid on the date of the IELTS test.
Get to know about the latest updates on the IELTS Exam, Eligibility, Preparation Tips, Test procedure, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Registration Process, Important Exam Dates, and much more!! This guide is a one-stop solution for every IELTS Aspirant who aims to crack the exam with an impressive band score.
CHAT WITH US 1