Before learning about some good PTE exam books, you should know more about the examination itself. The PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic is one of the most popular global English language proficiency tests for those who are non-native English speakers. It is a computer-based examination often taken as an alternative to the IELTS and TOEFL for submitting proficiency scores to universities at the time of admission.
The PTE Academic evaluates test-takers listening, speaking, reading, and writing abilities of over two hours. The score range is 10-90 points. It is accepted by numerous global universities, including those in the USA, UK, Australia, and Canada.
Table of Contents
5 Best PTE Exam Books for 2023
If you are looking for a good PTE practice book, then here are a few options that might be handy:
- The Official Guide to PTE Academic- You can start with the authorized and official guide, which offers insights into the entire test in a detailed manner, including scores, terminologies, definitions, and exercises. There are numerous questions with answers that will help you to understand the test format.
- Expert PTE Academic Coursebook B1 & B2- This book is for learners at the B2 and B1 levels. It has several tasks which are covered in the examination. It has several strategies and insights for scoring higher on the test. You also get access to the Pearson My English Lab.
- PTE Academic Practice Test Plus- Volume 1 & 2- This book is also helpful with examination questions from earlier years, recorded materials for the listening section, scoring guides, answer keys, and samples galore.
- Wiley’s PTE Advantage For The Academic Module (WIND) - This book is another good option with its tips, sample answers, questions, etc. A free online test and some solved practice exams are also included in this book.
- PTE Academic Vocabulary 2020-22 Revised Edition- This book is a great way to enhance one’s vocabulary while also giving you more words to use for the examination in the writing and speaking sections.
Study Abroad Preparation Course
What does the Course include:
- 12 Weeks of Dedicated Coaching to Build a robust profile for Top 1% Universities
- SOP & Personal Statements For Academic Writing
- 25 hours of live online classes with mock tests for IELTS
- Visa, University Application & Submission
- Country-specific Support with Education loan Guidance
- International Faculty Masterclass
Important Tips to keep in mind when preparing for PTE Exam
While preparing for the PTE examination, here are some useful tips that one should keep in mind:
- Always have a targeted score threshold based on your present English language proficiency level.
- Have a solid understanding of the test format, its overall structure, and the question types that are expected for every section.
- The scoring pattern should also be clear to you beforehand, along with the specific abilities that are evaluated for every question.
- Choose your materials for preparation in advance, including suitable books and other online study resources.
- You can also opt for a PTE language training program to enhance your skills. Speak in English with others as much as possible, read newspapers, watch English content, and read books.
Complete Guide On PTE Exam Preparation
Recommended Reads For PTE Exam:
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any good PTE practice book?
There are many good practice books for PTE. However, The Official Guide to PTE Academic is the best to start with. You can also use books like the PTE Practice Test Plus with Key- Volume 1 & 2.
Where can I find PTE study material?
Along with the test books, various study materials and resources are available online, including dedicated mobile apps and portals for this purpose.
Important IELTS Exam Resources
IELTS Exam Overview
IELTS is required to be taken by international students and workers who wish to study or work in a country where English is the primary language of communication. Know the complete details.IELTS Online Test
IELTS Exam Syllabus
With the right knowledge of the IELTS exam syllabus and pattern, cracking the popular English test won’t be difficult.IELTS Syllabus