ACT Exam Eligibility: A Complete GuideUpdated on 02 February, 2022
Study Abroad Expert
Study Abroad Expert
ACT or American College Testing is a standardized entrance examination for international high school graduates. The test is designed to evaluate students' college readiness after completion of class 12th. There isn't a particular ACT exam eligibility, but an aspirant should be at least 13 years. It is a widely accepted examination by universities globally.
The ACT assesses aspirants in four sections: English, Math, Reading, and Science. The registration fee of the ACT examination ranges between INR 4,500 to INR 6,300, depending on whether you are taking the writing test or not. The English, Math, and Science sections are compulsory, while the writing section is optional. The test duration is 2 hours 55 minutes without an essay and 3 hours 35 minutes with an essay.
If you want to take the exam this year, you need to prepare according to the eligibility criteria and test requirements.
● ACT examination is meant for high school graduates. Students in grades 6, 7, 8, and 9 can also take the test. The minimum age requirement to take the ACT examination is 13 years.
● It is an entrance examination for taking admission to college and university. There are no particular academic criteria regarding the scores and courses.
● The test-takers need to book the test slot and time at least two months before the application deadline. Without a test booking confirmation, applicants are not eligible for the ACT examination.
● Students under 16 years of age applying for the ACT examination need to take their parents' consent while creating the MyACT account online through the official website.
● Candidates applying for the ACT examination need an international credit or debit card to pay the registration fee.
● The applicant taking the test must have a valid international passport.
● The organizer of the exam prescribes no upper age limit.
Now you can get free consultation for the ACT exam. Just fill the form and our study abroad consultants will reach out to you in no time.
ACT is a standardized entrance examination accepted by education institutions worldwide. It is taken by students after high school, preparing for college admission. For more information regarding ACT exam eligibility, get in touch with the experts of upGrad Abroad.
CHAT WITH US 1