How to Pursue MS in Business Analytics in USA Without GREUpdated on 22 June, 2022
Study Abroad Expert
Study Abroad Expert
A course in business analytics is steadily attaining popularity throughout the USA. It is available at more than 150 institutions in the country, with tuition fees hovering between $20-80,000 per annum, depending on various factors. It works out to roughly INR 14.86-59.44 lakhs on average. Demand has gone up for skilled professionals who can tap and analyze business data for forecasting, predictive analytics, business decisions, etc.
While GRE scores are one of the primary admission requirements, one can also do an MS in business analytics in USA without GRE.
Most institutions will ask for your score in the standardized GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) test, but some may allow you without the same.
There are many benefits for those pursuing MS in business analytics in the USA. They include:
● The US is home to leading universities and colleges offering students business analytics and related courses.
● It is home to the world’s biggest corporations and Fortune 500 companies looking to hire skilled data analysts in large numbers.
● Demand has rapidly increased in the US and many other global markets for analysts specializing in data collection, interpretation, modeling, predictive analytics, etc. As per reports, the global business world is undergoing the data revolution, which will lead to soaring demand in the sector over the next decade.
Some institutions are offering Masters in business analytics in USA without GRE. They include Adelphi University and Montclair State University, among others. Some other institutions offer master’s courses in data analytics and do not require GRE/GMAT as the binding factor for admissions. Here’s looking at them:
● New York University offers MS in data analytics, and admission requirements do not include standardized test minimum cut-offs. However, the band score recommended for IELTS is 7.0 while it is 100 for TOEFL.
● Indiana University Bloomington offers MA in Data Analytics, and admission requirements include personal statements, three LORs (letters of recommendation), academic transcripts and mark sheets, resume or CV, and official TOEFL or GRE scores. But the catch here is that online certificate aspirants do not have to submit their test scores.
● Stevens Institute of Technology offers an MA in data analytics, and applicants require a minimum GPA of 3.0 in their bachelor’s degree course from a reputed and accredited institution. They also require two LORs (letters of recommendation), while international students need IELTS or TOEFL scores. GMAT/GRE scores are not needed in the case of part-time students.
● The University of Chicago offers an MS in Data Analytics. The requirements for admission do not include GRE. You can, however, include your scores if you think that they will support your application.
● Tufts University offers MS in Data Science. GRE is not required for undergraduates at Tufts who are applying to the program. GRE scores are also waived for those part-time students who have five years of industry experience with permanent residency or citizenship of the US.
● Johns Hopkins University offers MS in Data Analytics, and GRE is not required for international applicants.
● Brown University has an MS course in data analytics. GRE General examination scores are not needed, and GRE Subject scores are also not required. TOEFL is necessary, while writing samples are optional.
● Northwestern University offers MS in Data Analysis, and admission requirements include an undergraduate degree, a good academic track record, and research/work experience (not compulsory but recommended). GRE is not mandatory, although good scores in the same do enhance admission chances.
● George Washington University offers MS in Data Science, where GRE is not mandatory, although TOEFL 550 (paper-based) or 80 (internet-based) scores are compulsory along with 6.0 in academic IELTS. Mandatory PTE scores should be 53.
● The University of Dayton offers a master’s in business analytics as an online module where GMAT or GRE scores are not required.
|Harvard University GRE Cutoff||Stanford University GRE Cutoff|
|GRE Cutoff for US Universities||Is GRE Required for Masters in Canada|
Getting admission into a master's in business analytics in the USA without GRE will need the following steps to be followed:
1. Check all universities which permit applications without GRE.
2. Shortlist ones where you are eligible and then apply online with all documents.
3. Submit all necessary documents, including IELTS/TOEFL score sheets, academic score sheets, work experience details, LORs, SOPs, passport copies, photographs, etc.
4. Universities may call you for video interviews if shortlisted.
5. Once you get your official confirmation letter from any university, you should confirm your admission quickly before paying the admission deposit.
6. Start applying for the student visa, submit all documents, and appear for the interview.
|How to Send Official GRE Scores to Universities||MS in Mechanical Engineering in USA without GRE|
|MS in Data Science in USA Without GRE||Sections in GRE Exam|
Institutes such as New York University, Johns Hopkins University, The University of Chicago, George Washington University, Northwestern University, and others are some of the best for MS in Business Analytics in the USA without GRE.
No, the GRE is not mandatory to pursue masters in the USA. Some well-known universities in the US offer MS courses without GRE scores. However, other requirements such as an IELTS score of 6.5-7 and an outstanding academic record can be a mandate for admissions.
Yes, business analytics is a STEM course in the USA as a big part of the curriculum involves modules in mathematical and technological concepts.
While an MBA in Business Analytics is a non-STEM degree, an MS in Business Analytics is a STEM degree. One needs a work experience of about five to seven years to pursue MBA; no such requirement is there for an MS degree.
CHAT WITH US 1