The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is just the right step for students seeking to take their education and career a notch higher. But do you know why these exams are essential for admission? Since, students from all backgrounds seek admission to B-schools, this standardized test enables universities to evaluate and compare the critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills of applicants. With the right GRE exam preparation, the applicants can achieve a high score and potentially qualify for merit-based scholarships or fellowships.
Required for admission to most graduate school programs such as specialized master's in business, MBA, JD or doctoral degree, the GRE scores are evaluated in concurrence with other factors like college GPA, professor recommendations, and job history. Read on to understand the details of the GRE exam and how you can ace your exam preparation.
Table of Contents
GRE Exam Preparation: Details That You Must Know
China - $231.30
India - $228
All other areas of the world - $220
Test At Home: The GRE Test at home is available 24x7, with appointments available as early as 24 hours after you register.
Test at a Test Centre: The test is offered on a continuous basis at authorized test centers around the world
|Duration||3 hours 45 minutes|
Study Abroad Preparation Course
What does the Course include:
- 12 Weeks of Dedicated Coaching to Build a robust profile for Top 1% Universities
- SOP & Personal Statements For Academic Writing
- 25 hours of live online classes with mock tests for IELTS
- Visa, University Application & Submission
- Country-specific Support with Education loan Guidance
- International Faculty Masterclass
GRE Preparation Tips & Strategies
Preparing for the GRE can seem to be intimidating. But you can do it right with the right strategy and study pattern from the very beginning.
Foremostly, it depends on the GRE preparation time you have and your personal preferences for how to prepare. Success in the GRE depends on your ability to structure the information given to you and how efficiently you solve the problem. So, if you are wondering how to prepare for the GRE, you must follow the below-mentioned tips and tricks.
- Understand the format: The GRE question paper has three sections: verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing. Ensure that you understand the format and the types of questions that each section would consist of.
- Create a GRE study plan: Plan out your study schedule depending upon the time you have until the test. Do allocate time to each section, including practice tests and reviewing the questions you have missed.
- Learn the art of time management: The GRE is a timed test, so sticking by the clock is very important. During the practice tests, ensure that you’re quick so that you have enough time to complete and review each section.
- Practice is the key: Practice makes a man perfect, and it holds true for the GRE exam too. Practice with various available resources, including practice tests, study guides, and online courses.
- Build your vocabulary: The verbal reasoning section of the GRE examines your vocabulary. Read novels and newspapers & use flashcards for vocabulary-building apps to improve your vocabulary.
- Improve your mathematics: The quantitative reasoning section of the GRE consists of math. One of the very useful section wise GRE preparation tips is to improve your algebra, geometry, and basic arithmetic.
- Get feedback: Review your performance after taking practice tests. Working with a tutor or study group to get feedback will really help you improve your GRE exam preparation.
In a nutshell, the above mentioned GRE preparation tips can definitely help you ace your exam results.
Recommended Books for your GRE Study Plan
- The Official Guide to the GRE® General Test, Third Edition ($40 USD plus shipping)
The third version of the official study guide offers two practice exams that are already in the book plus two simulated POWERPREP Online practice exams that you can access for free with your ETS account.
The guide given you an access to:
- authentic GRE test questions
- explanations for answers
- test-taking strategies
- quantitative reasoning problem-solving steps
2. Official GRE® Verbal Reasoning Practice Questions Volume 1, Second Edition ($20 USD plus shipping)
This guide offers 150 actual Verbal Thinking questions that have never been published along with thorough justifications and helpful hints. Also, it offers fresh GRE Analytical Writing practice.
3. Official GRE® Quantitative Reasoning Practice Questions Volume 1, Second Edition ($20 USD plus shipping)
This guide includes 150 actual, previously unpublished quantitative reasoning questions, each with a detailed explanation and helpful ideas and pointers. A review of the math concepts that will probably be covered on the test is also included.
Frequently Asked Questions
What level of mathematics is included in the GRE test?
The GRE General Exam measures quantitative reasoning using the concepts from high school math. The questions test your fundamental algebraic, geometrical, and data analytic concepts.
Which word processing software is used for the Analytical Writing section in GRE?
An elementary word processor developed by ETS is used for the Analytical Writing section. The software ensures that the individuals familiar or unfamiliar with specific commercial word processing software do not have an advantage or disadvantage.
How do I launch my at GRE home test?
The link to launch your test can be found in the confirmation email you received after registering for the exam as well as the email given to you 48 hours prior to your test appointment.
Important Resources For PTE/SAT/ACT Exam
PTE Examination Eligibility Criteria
There are no specific PTE exam eligibility criteria set by Pearson VUE – the organizers of the test.PTE Eligibility
PTE Academic Syllabus
PTE syllabus includes various sections such as Speaking and Writing, Reading, and Listening.PTE Syllabus