Being a study abroad aspirant calls for a number of thoughts about which country to choose. Today, we take a closer look at the top benefits of studying in France for international students. From being home to some of the top universities in the world known for offering the best education to the availability of sponsorships and financial aid, there are multiple reasons to study in France.
France attracts thousands of international students every year for its globally acclaimed institutions, vibrant campuses, and the mélange of French culture, cuisine, history, and landmarks that never fail to wow people.
Top Reasons to Choose France for Study- Quick Facts
Some of the major reasons to study in France can be found in the quick facts listed below:
- According to a report by World Population Review, France has bagged the fifth position in the Countries with the Best Educational Systems – 2021 Best Countries Report
- 32 French universities have made a place in the QS World University Rankings 2023
- The French Foreign Ministry offers different scholarships for international students out of which 25% of them are directly financed by the Ministry in the Framework of Eiffel
- A French educational degree will open doors to a job in top companies such as L’Oreal, Bouygues Group, Engie, AXA, and many more
- French universities or colleges offer career-oriented courses, fusing practical and theoretical aspects
- Get an opportunity to explore the fifth best global destination for international students as France is in close proximity to other European countries and major cities
- Learn French which is the second most useful language in the world for business and is the official language of the United Nations, NATO, UNESCO, the International Olympic Committee, and the International Red Cross
- There are more than 64 Nobel Laureates in France
Major Reasons to Study in France
Now that students are aware of a few facts, here’s why they should choose France for their study:
1. Home to Some of the Best Universities in the World
Reports estimate around 3,500+ institutions for higher education in France, amongst which 32 have been listed as the best universities in the QS University World Rankings 2023. These universities offer access to some of the top courses and specializations in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. Here are the top 10 universities that bagged a place in the QS Rankings:
- Université PSL
- Institut Polytechnique de Paris
- Sorbonne University
- Universit Paris-Saclay
- École Normale Supérieure de Lyon
- Ecole des Ponts ParisTech
- Université Paris Cité
- Sciences Po
- Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- Université Grenoble Alpes
2. Best Courses to Study in France
When it comes to choosing the best course to study in France, international students can select from some of the popular courses such as Business Management, History, Culinary, Data Sciences, Mathematics, Natural Sciences, and many more. However, the most popular courses in France that have been helping students to excel in their careers are MBA, Luxury Brand Management, Film Studies, Engineering, Computer Science, Fashion Designing, Hotel Management, and Finance.
|What is GPA||Everything About MS in Abroad||Guide to MBA Abroad|
|Project Management Course Online||Best Streams for MBA||How to Reschedule GRE Exam Date|
|Online Learning||Study MBA Online||Best Countries to Study MBA Abroad|
5. Career & Business Prospects
France is one of the biggest and most flourishing global economies and has access to the entire European market. After graduating, international students can expect to find attractive employment opportunities in varied business sectors while familiarizing themselves with the leading French and global companies operating in the country. France also houses the world’s top-rated business schools like the INSEAD, HEC Paris, and SKEMA Business School. The French government also has temporary resident permits for non-EU graduates with a year’s validity within which they can search for a job.
Tourism, technology, transport, manufacturing, energy, tourism, and agriculture are some major contributors to the French economy. The country is popular for its fashion, luxury goods, and cosmetics industry. Some of the popular job sectors in France include Management – Consulting, Marketing and Service Sector, Engineering – Aerospace, Automobile, Mechanical, Metallurgy, and Energy Management. Here are some of the top multinational companies in France that hire graduates.
6. Financial Aid for Students
Another major reason to study in France is the support offered to international students. There are numerous scholarships available from both governmental and non-governmental organizations. Studying at public universities also means paying negligible tuition costs. Many students choose to apply for the aide personnalisee au lodgement to receive monthly funding for covering their living costs. Listed below are some of the scholarships offered to Indian students in France.
- Campus Bourses
- The Foreign Ministry’s Scholarships
- The Ministry of Higher Education’s Scholarships
- The Charpak Scholarship Programme
- Raman Charpak Fellowship
- La Femis
- Eiffel Scholarship Program of Excellence
- The Erasmus+ Mobility Scholarships for Foreign Students
7. Compelling French Culture & Lifestyles
France is known for its unique and captivating culture. It offers a wealth of cultural and historical experiences to fall in love with. From delicious food and wine to historical landmarks, fashion, art, literature, and lifestyle, France is a delightful mix of almost everything under the sun. It is not just about enjoying the beauty of Paris; but also venturing into heritage cities like Lyon, Bordeaux, and Marseille along with the enchanting French countryside and its rare attractions. France is dotted with the best monuments, museums, and beautiful natural landscapes. It hosts several globally acclaimed events every year, including the famous Le Tour de France, a professional cycling race encompassing several regions. One of the benefits of studying in France is that students get to treat their eyes with some of the world’s most iconic monuments like the Notre Dame Cathedral, Pantheon, Arc de Triomphe, and of course, the Eiffel Tower, among other landmarks. They can also take in the breezy charm of the Normandy region and its Mont Saint-Michel island and savor the thrill of Auvergne Volcanoes and also the French Alps.
France is famous for its cuisine, and they will have a blast discovering local favorites across the charming local cafes, eateries, and restaurants in the country. Paris, especially, is home to some of the world’s best-ranked restaurants for fine dining while offering a buzzing nightlife circuit. It is natural, considering that France is home to culinary legends like Paul Bocuse, Francois Pierre de la Varenne, and Marie-Antoine Careme, among numerous others.
France’s rich culinary history and traditions make the country a top destination for learning cooking and the culinary arts. It is also synonymous with fashion and the latest and best trends. Paris is indeed a hub of global fashion, hosting the iconic Paris Fashion Week every year. The mega-event showcases collections of biggies like Christian Dior, Coco Chanel, and more. And while exploring the city of Paris, do not forget to stop at the Louvre Museum which can open up a whole new world for any visitor.
These are some of the biggest reasons to study in France, a warm and welcoming country for international students, with a global reputation for academic excellence and excellent future opportunities for aspirants.
Q. Is it good to study abroad in France?
France is a home to some of the best universities in the world such as Université PSL, Sorbonne University, Universit Paris-Saclay, Université Grenoble Alpes, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech, École Normale Supérieure de Lyon, Institut Polytechnique de Paris, Sciences Po, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, and Université Paris Cité. Moreover, the fact that the country is well-known for offering the best courses in luxury brand management, fashion designing, MBA, hotel management, and engineering makes it one of the best places to study abroad in France.
Q. What are the benefits of studying in France?
France is one of the most opted destinations for higher studies by international students. Here are some of the top reasons to study in France:
- Comparatively reasonable tuition fees in France compared to the USA, UK, or Canada
- Quality higher education adapted to the needs of the students
- Outstanding opportunities in research and development
- Appealing destination for students worldwide with Paris as the #1 student city according to QS Best Student Cities 2023
- France is a world-class economic power and a home to leading international companies like Total, Orange, Airbus, L’Oréal, Danone, Michelin, AXA, and many more
- Engage in part-time job opportunities for 964 hours per year or 20 hours a week and earn around €9.67 per hour and up to €7,900 per year
Q. How is the student life in France?
While the top-ranked universities and a plethora of courses are some of the major reasons to study in France, the country is also well-known for offering an enthralling student life. While studying at a university in France, students are exposed to the beautiful French culture on a regular basis. The exquisite French cuisine and wines along with a variety of chocolates, cheese, bread, and bakery items make it mandatory to explore the cafes, wineries, and bakeries. Moreover, exploring the 42 UNESCO World Heritage sites, the Mediterranean seas, and the ancient-built medieval cities in France would cover the entire tenure of a student during their stay in France.