You can take a closer look at some of the best universities in Germany for master’s courses. The country is known for its academic prowess in a vast array of fields along with its globally ranked and acclaimed educational institutions. Germany draws thousands of international students every year, who are drawn to the excellent quality of education, fantastic future career prospects, and comparatively reasonable or zero tuition fees! Students only have to pay nominal enrollment fees along with a few other costs.
Studying at universities in Germany for masters courses- Eligibility Criteria
Here are the eligibility criteria for universities in Germany for masters programs:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant subject.
- GMAT/GRE scores if needed.
- Scores in TOEFL/IELTS and also proof of German language proficiency if the course is taught in German (DSH Level I/II, Goethe C1/C2, TestDaf Level 2-4).
- LOR (Letter of Recommendation).
- SOP (Statement of Purpose).
Recommended Read: Study MASTERS in Germany
Where to study masters programs in Germany?
Here are the top universities where you can pursue master’s courses in Germany:
|Name of the Institution||2021 THE Global Rank||Top Courses|
|Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich||32||English, Computer Science, Data Science, Management and Economics|
|Technical University of Munich||41||Management, Data Science, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science|
|Heidelberg University||42||Physics, Data Science, English, Electrical Engineering and Economics|
|Humboldt University Berlin||80||Economics, English, Social Work and Data Science|
|Charite Universitatmedizin Berlin||75||Neuroscience, epidemiology, medicine and health sciences|
|University of Freiburg||83||English, Computer Science, Robotics and Embedded Systems|
|University of Tubingen||78||Machine learning, Computer Science, Economics and English|
|RWTH Aachen||107||Computer Science, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Data Science|
|Technical University Berlin||140||Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Energy Engineering|
|Free University of Berlin||118||English, Psychology, Computer Science and Management|
|University of Bonn||114||Computer Science, Biotechnology, English and Economics|
Start Your Study Abroad Journey Now.
Benefits of studying master’s programs in Germany
Here are some of the key benefits of pursuing master’s courses in Germany:
- The country is home to globally recognized universities that are highly placed in both the Times and QS World ranking lists.
- Germany offers the best master’s courses with cutting-edge educational infrastructure and industry exposure in varied fields.
- The country has a flourishing economy with great job prospects in various sectors for skilled master’s graduates.
- Business, finance, management, engineering, and automotive engineering are top career options in Germany.
- Students willing to work in the country can extend their visas up to eighteen months after completing their courses.
Universities in Germany for Masters in Data Science
Universities in Germany for Masters in Computer Science
Universities in Germany for Aerospace Engineering
Universities in Germany for Economics
Universities in Germany for Finance
upGrad Abroad Recommendations
- Master in International Management- Two year program with the first year involving online study at IMT Ghaziabad and the second year covering on-campus study at IU Germany.
- Master Degree in Data Science- Two year program with the first year being covered online at IIIT Bangalore and the second year covering on-campus study at IU Germany.
- Master of Business Administration-18-month course with the first two semesters covering online study at IU Germany and the next one being on-campus study at IU Germany.
- Master in Computer Science- The course covers two years with the first year revolving around online study at IU Germany. The second-year will be spent on-campus at IU Germany as well.
These courses offer significant cost savings on course fees for international students while giving them the best learning frameworks and support with their admissions and applications.
Start Your Study Abroad
✓ Save upto 30Lakh ✓ No IELTS required
✓End to end Visa/Application support
✓End to end Visa/Application support