The Netherlands is a sought-after study destination for those who wish to pursue BBA programs. The Dutch education system is advanced, making a BBA in the Netherlands valued globally. It ranks high in career goals, opportunities, and renowned faculty members.
Being a developed economy, it is home to some top multinationals, making it easy for BBA graduates to get lucrative jobs.
Why Study BBA in the Netherlands?
The Netherlands is a perfect study abroad destination for international students. There are various reasons why you would choose the Netherlands for a BBA degree:
- Do not judge the job prospects in the Netherlands based on the size of the country. The Netherlands is the 17th largest economy globally, home to the biggest multinationals like Philips, Microsoft, ING Bank, KLM, Shell, and Sony. Global employers highly value a BBA degree from a Dutch university. After completing the BBA program, students get placed with the top brands with lucrative job opportunities.
- Dutch education is advanced and makes a BBA program wholly focused on student-led learning, analytical debate, and hands-on experience. It prepares the BBA students with industry exposure and experience to be eligible for global work opportunities.
- The Netherlands also offers a good quality of life fairly low cost. The cost of living in the Netherlands is affordable compared with other abroad destinations. The accommodation, food, and transport are affordable, which makes it easy for students to manage their stay in the Netherlands during the program. To manage the living costs, you need approximately €800 (INR 67,572) to €1,000 (INR 84,464) per month.
- Research and development opportunities are plenty in the Netherlands. Students after their first year can immerse themselves in internships, research programs, and live projects.
- The Netherlands is the first non-native English-speaking country to have international programs and degrees taught in English. Over 2,100 study programs are taught in the English language.
- The Netherlands ranks seventh among the top 10 countries globally that offer higher education. It ranks third for quality faculty and fourth for career opportunities and prospects.
- The Netherlands is a safe country. It ranks 17th of 162 on the global peace index.
- BBA programs and degrees are offered by some of the leading universities in the Netherlands. Some of the prestigious ones are the University of Amsterdam, Leiden University, Utrecht University, and Maastricht University.
- Leading universities offer various BBA specializations. The top-ranked and lucrative career opportunities are easy to find in the specializations offered by the universities.
Best BBA Colleges in the Netherlands
The Netherlands houses several well-known universities that offer 100% placement, flexible education, research, and international exposure. The universities are designed with a flexible curriculum, focusing on industry exposure.
Here are some of the leading universities for BBA in the Netherlands with fee structures and courses:
University Fee (yearly)
University of Amsterdam
BSc Business Administration
€2,209 (INR 1.87 lakh)
HAN University of Applied Science
Bachelor International Business
€7,650 (INR 6.46 lakh)
University of Twente
Bachelor International Business Administration
€8,166 per year (INR 6.90 lakh)
Hanze University of Applied Science
Bachelor International Business
€ 3,850 (INR 3.25 lakh)
Saxion University of Applied Science
International Business (International)
€ 7, 800 (INR 6.60 lakh)
Rotterdam University of Applied Science
Bachelor International Business
€ 9,800 (INR 8.29 lakh)
Cost of Studying BBA in the Netherlands
The Netherlands is a preferred study abroad destination for abroad studies due to its affordability. The average cost of studying BBA in the Netherlands ranges between 6 Lakh to 8 lakh per year. BBA is a three to four years course in the country.
The living cost is between € 800 – €1,000 (INR 67,572 – INR 84,464) monthly. The affordable living cost makes the Netherlands a preferred study abroad destination for international students. The living cost per month includes rent, meals, and transport.
Top Universities for BBA in the Netherlands
- University of Amsterdam
- HAN University of Applied Science
- University of Twente
- Saxion University of Applied Science
- Rotterdam University of Applied Science
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Maastricht University
- University of Groningen
- Utrecht University
- Radboud University
- Breda University of Applied Science
Eligibility for BBA in the Netherlands
The universities in the Netherlands have a low acceptance rate due to high competition. Students need to fulfill a few academic requirements and meet the eligibility criteria. Students need to meet the following eligibility criteria to get admission to Netherlands universities.
- 10+2 full-time degree from a recognized board of study. There should not be any study gaps. Students can be from any course, specialization or stream.
- English language proficiency tests like IELTS or TOEFL are the required tests. The universities in the Netherlands widely accept IELTS. It is important to evaluate the English language skills in international students as BBA programs are taught in the English language.
- GRE or GMAT scores are compulsory to take admission in the Netherlands.
- A residence permit.
- Many universities can ask for work experience. If you have any live projects or internships, you can submit them during the application process.
- Minimum two letters of recommendation.
- Statement of purpose or motivation letters are important to state the reasons and purpose of studying BBA in the Netherlands
- Marksheets of standard X and XII.
- Proof of funds to manage the education and living costs for at least the first year of study.
- A valid passport.
How to Apply for a BBA in the Netherlands?
The admission process in Dutch universities can be completed in two ways:
Universities directly accept admission applications from their online website or portals. Universities like Leiden University, Hanze UAS, and the University of Groningen accept direct applications. However, universities like The Hague University, Inholland University of Applied Sciences, Breda University of Applied Science accept applications from international students through a Studielink, a Dutch online system for enrollment of students for higher education.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Apply
- Research about all the universities in the Netherlands. Learn about the placement, rank, courses, faculty members, and specialization.
- Choose the best university. Remember to apply for more than one university as the acceptance rate is low in the Netherlands.
- Visit the official website of the universities. Fill out the application form and submit the documents.
- Pay the application fee through the preferred mode of payment using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Wait for the admission results.
BBA in the Netherlands with Scholarship
BBA programs in the Netherlands qualify for full and partial funding and scholarship programs. Some of the eminent scholarship programs are:
- Leiden University Excellence Scholarships offers up to full tuition fee waivers.
- Maastricht University Holland-High Potential scholarship- It offers €29,000, including tuition fee waiver and a monthly stipend.
- Utrecht University Excellence Scholarships – Offers awards between €5,000 and €17,000.
- Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships- It is worth €25,000 and is intended to cover complete tuition and living expenses for one academic year.
- University of Twente Scholarships- The scholarship amount is from €6,000 – €25,000 for one year.
- VU Amsterdam Fellowship Programme- It awards €15,000 for the tuition fee for non-EU students.
BBA Jobs in the Netherlands
Administrative Assistant: €5,670 (INR 478979)
Service Advisor: €12,200 (INR 1030607)
Business Analyst: €11,600 (INR 979921)
Accounting Assistant: €15,000 (INR 1267140)
Sales Consultant: €19,000 (INR 1605044)
Executive Assistant: €14,500 (INR 1224902)
Operations Research Analyst: €15,700 (INR 1326273)
Personal Financial Advisor: €20,800 (INR 1757100)
Build a competitive career by pursuing a BBA in the Netherlands. The Netherlands has emerged as a reputed and globally recognized study abroad destination. The job market is promising with excellent scope for BBA graduates. The BBA courses are taught in English, making it easy for international students.
✓End to end Visa/Application support