Studying abroad is a dream for most young ambitious students. And if you harbour a similar interest in the field of architecture, you would be amazed to know the prospects that France can offer. Here’s a carefully curated list to help you find the top architecture colleges in France.
The study of architecture is the perfect mix of art and science. It takes students into learning the nuances of designing and engineering large buildings and structures.
A degree in architecture holds a lot of importance since every structure made by man must be reliable and safe.
So, an architecture degree usually is a full-fledged course and requires at least five years to study and another two to gain practical experience.
The degree generally offers several specialisation options like:
- Architectural Technology
- Architectural Engineering
- Architectural Design
- Architectural History
- Interior Architecture
- Landscape Architecture
- Urban Planning
A five-year degree in architecture allows a student to cultivate visual, practical, creative, and design skills. It opens up several avenues for many graduates post their degree completion.
Here’s a list of some common and popular job prospects:
- Urban Planner– it’s a job that ensures that city plans are duly updated to meet the dynamic city environment
- Landscape Architect– It is for students interested in environmental restoration, conservation, creation of recreational areas, and overall outdoor landscape designing
- Restoration Architect– It is a job prospect suited for students eager to delve into the history of architecture and maintenance of heritage
- Town Planner– Takes care of town development, sustainability, and regeneration responsibility
- Interior Designer– It’s one of the most popular professions and allows for planning the interiors of a building/house/structure
- Building Surveyor– Tasks like conserving, modifying, restoring, renovating, and fixing pre-existing structures and buildings are assigned to the profile
Top Universities Offering Architecture in France
You cannot talk about France and not talk about the Eiffel Tower! It is one of the most famous architectural landmarks of France. However, it is not the only architectural marvel. France boasts of some stunning, Gothic Architecture. It includes Early Gothic, High Gothic, Rayonnant, and Late or Flamboyant styles.
It is no surprise that you feel drawn towards this culturally rich and colourful country. Here are the best architecture colleges in France.
LISAA School Art & Design
The LISAA Paris Interior Architecture & Design school offers eight courses in all:
- Foundation year in Architecture and Scenography
- Interior Architecture & Design (5-Year Course)
- Interior Architecture & Scenography (5-Year Course)
- Master Interior Architecture & Global Design
- Master Interior Architecture & Sustainable Design
- Master Specialised in Interior Architecture Hotel Trade/Catering/Made in France
- Master Specialised in Interior Architecture & Design– UX Product/UX Environment
- Interior Design & Decoration
The university ranked 5th among private interior architecture schools in 2018.
In terms of the tuition fee, the cost for an international student is as follows:
- Foundation year in Architecture & Scenography: EUR 9,900 (INR 8.3 Lakh)
- Masters in Interior Architecture & Design: EUR 21,290 (INR 17.86 Lakh)
- Specialisation Interior Design & Decoration: EUR 9,320 (INR 7.82 Lakh)
Additionally, international students have to pay an enrollment fee of EUR 2,500 (INR 2.09 Lakh)
The school has tie-ups with well-established names in the industry like:
- Arthus Bertrand
- APCI Promotion Du Design
- La Folle Journee
School of Architecture of Nancy
The school offers one bachelor’s degree in Architecture and a master’s degree in four specialisations, namely:
- Verre Design Architecture
- Digital Architecture Design
- Architecture Wood Construction
- Doctorate in Architecture
According to EduRank, Nancy’s National School of Architecture ranks at 8,817 out of 14,160 universities globally. The acceptance rate of the school is 15%.
The tuition fees of the school for international students are the same as that of French students:
- Payment to Centre for University Works: EUR 92 (INR 7,712)
- Fee for First Cycle: EUR 373 (INR 31,268)
- Fee for Second Cycle: EUR 521 (INR 43,675)
Additionally, the school has a deep-rooted connection with the following partners:
- Ministère De La Culture
- Crous Lorraine
- Grant Est
- IUT Saint-Die
- Ville De Nancy
✓End to end Visa/Application support