The USA has the most number of top-ranked universities that students aspire to enroll in. These universities ensure world-class education and lucrative job opportunities. It is one of the main reasons why international students prefer the US for their master’s degrees.
If you too wish to pursue higher education abroad, read on as we list down some famous fully-funded master’s scholarships in the USA for 2022.
A fully-funded master’s scholarship in the USA takes care of the education fees, health insurance, housing charges, travel allowances, and an average monthly stipend of USD 10,000. These benefits are aimed at meeting the needs of the student.
For example, Fulbright Fully-Funded Master’s Scholarships have been created for international students. The Fullbright Foreign Student Program, too, is one that is inclusive of entire tuition fees, stipend, and basic living costs.
Course the Scholarship is Eligible For
These scholarships can be offered to all master’s aspirants, including major interdisciplinary courses. The institutions offering these scholarships are only US universities and similar institutions.
Level of Scholarship
The scholarships mentioned in the article are only for students who will be pursuing a master’s degree in the US. Some scholarships may be available for doctoral programs as well.
The tenure or duration of these fully-funded master’s scholarships in the USA 2022 would vary according to the program type and the funding being offered.
Different scholarships will be offered as an aid to students in varied fields. For instance, Georgetown University USA provides fully-funded master’s scholarships for an MSc in International Affairs.
On the contrary, the NYU World Journalist Fellowship will aid students studying graduate programs in nine concentrations, namely:
1. Business and Economic Reporting
2. Cultural Reporting and Criticism
3. Global and Joint Program Studies
4. Literary Reportage
5. Magazine Writing
6. News and Documentary
7. Reporting the Nation & New York
9. Health and Environmental Reporting
10. Studio 20.
Number of Scholarships Available
As of now, there are over 1500 fully-funded master’s scholarships in the USA. Some of the popular scholarships include:
1. Fullbright Foreign Scholarships
2. Joint Japan/ World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program or JJ/WBGSP
3. Rotary Peace Fellowship
4. MasterCard Foundation Scholarships at Michigan State University
5. Georgetown University Scholarships for African Students
6. New York University (NYU) World Journalist Fellowship
7. Yale University Scholarships US
Top 10 Universities Offering Fully Funded Master’s Scholarship in the USA
Below mentioned are 10 American universities that will provide deserving candidates a fully-funded master’s scholarship for select programs:
1. Stanford University
2. Yale University
3. University of New Haven
4. University of Memphis
5. University of Minnesota
6. Michigan State University
7. University of California, Berkeley
8. Georgetown University
9. Oregon State University
10. Trinity Washington University
Both the notification and application deadlines would be different for varied scholarship programs. Here are some of the deadlines for some popular scholarships:
Fullbright Foreign Scholarships
|February to May|
|Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program or JJ/WBGSP||
Rotary Peace Fellowship
|MasterCard Foundation Scholarships at Michigan State University||
Georgetown University Scholarships for African Students
|New York University (NYU) World Journalist Fellowship||
Yale University Scholarships US
Mode of Application
The mode of Application for fully-funded master’s scholarships in the USA for 2022 is online.
Eligibility Criteria and Additional Requirements
The eligibility criteria and additional requirements vary with each scholarship program every year.
For instance, here are the entry requirements for the Yale University Scholarship program:
1. The required language is English. Therefore, language proficiency test scores are required.
2. Countries eligible: all countries in the world
3. You should be enrolled in or allowed to be a part of the Federal Free or Reduced-Price Lunch Program (FRPL)
4. You are eligible to receive or have received an SAT or ACT testing fee waiver
5. You are a part of a federal/ state/ local program that helps students from low-income families (e.g., TRIO programs like Upward Bound)
6. The student is either an orphan or ward of the state
7. Your annual family income should fall within the Income Eligibility Guidelines maintained by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service
8. You should reside in a foster home, federally subsidized public housing, or are homeless
9. Your family gets public assistance
10. Students can add a supporting statement from a college access counselor, school official, community leader, or financial aid officer
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship value will differ in various fully-funded master’s scholarships in the USA. The value could be over USD 50,000 (INR 38,09,500).
Every organization or university will consider various factors while selecting the student for a fully-funded master’s scholarship. The factors usually considered are:
1. Proven record of educational success
2. Realistic and clear goals
3. Leadership skills and abilities
4. Relevant ideas for high power growth in the chosen field
5. Their commitment to community service
6. Pledge to have a lifelong relationship with the organization/university post-graduation
Requirements for Continuing the Scholarships
Generally, the scholarships cover the entire span of the master’s course or require a minimum score throughout the course tenure to continue being disbursed.
Start Your Study Abroad
✓ Save upto 30Lakh ✓ No IELTS required
✓End to end Visa/Application support
✓End to end Visa/Application support