MS in Mechanical Engineering in USA without GRE: Universities & ProcessUpdated on 21 September, 2022
Study Abroad Expert
Study Abroad Expert
Much like other MS courses in the USA, a master’s in mechanical engineering in the country will require GRE (Graduate Record Examinations). However, one can bypass the standardized test to meet certain other requirements.
Let us understand how to pursue MS in mechanical engineering in USA without GRE. Quite a few universities are offering this course without the need to submit your GRE scores. However, you should check eligibility criteria carefully before applying. MS in mechanical engineering is a popular course in the USA, offering attractive prospects and job growth. Most universities require GRE scores, though, and TOEFL/IELTS scores are necessary.
There are many benefits of doing your MS in mechanical engineering in USA. They include:
● Learning at the world’s top-ranked educational institutions for mechanical engineering.
● Innovative and widespread course curriculum, offering sufficient scope of research.
● Exposure to a flourishing job market with rising employment opportunities for mechanical engineering graduates.
● Attractive salaries with excellent growth prospects in the future.
● High demand throughout the country for mechanical engineers, especially in cities like Wisconsin, Michigan, and New Hampshire, where they are paid even-higher salaries.
|Harvard University GRE Cutoff||Stanford University GRE Cutoff|
|GRE Cutoff for US Universities||Is GRE Required for Masters in Canada|
Here are some of the institutions offering MS in mechanical engineering in the USA without GRE:
● Harvard University- Harvard University has specific admissions criteria, including an SOP (Statement of Purpose), three LORs (letters of recommendation, academic transcripts, CV/Resume, and IELTS/TOEFL scores. General GRE scores are not needed for the Materials Science & Mechanical Engineering program here.
● MIT- MIT offers a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering course, for which GRE scores are not needed. However, candidates should provide a statement of objectives, scores in IELTS/TOEFL and three LORs, and academic transcripts.
● Tufts University- Tufts University has several criteria for its graduate program in Mechanical Engineering. They include a stellar educational background in engineering or any related field of study, a good CV/Resume, Personal Statement, Academic Transcripts, IELTS/TOEFL scores, and three LORs. GRE General scores are not needed for this course.
● University of Michigan- Ann Arbor- The MSE in Mechanical Engineering program requires a background in mathematics and physics and an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering or a related degree with a GPA of three on a four-point scale. GRE is not required, although candidates must submit their CV/Resume, SOP, two LORs, CV/Resume, and official academic transcripts.
● Lehigh University- The Master’s in Mechanical Engineering program can be pursued without submitting GRE scores. However, other requirements include two LORs, transcripts, a minimum GPA of three, etc.
● University of Connecticut- The university requires an undergraduate degree in a relevant field for its MENG in Mechanical Engineering. Three LORs, research statements, transcripts, and IELTS/TOEFL scores are needed. The university does not require GRE scores.
● University of California- The university offers a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering. You will not require GRE, although you will need an undergraduate or bachelor’s degree along with a minimum GPA of three and three LORs. You will also require IELTS/TOEFL scores to apply.
● Colorado State University- The institution offers the course named Master of Engineering with specialization in Mechanical Engineering. GRE is not required, although applicants need a professional CV/Resume, official academic transcripts, and three LORs.
As mentioned above, universities have varying requirements for MS in mechanical engineering in the USA. Some of them include:
● Minimum GPA as prescribed by universities.
● Undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
● IELTS/TOEFL scores.
After checking the eligibility criteria, you will have to apply directly at the university portals. Ensure that you respond to all additional document requests and appear for personal interviews if needed. Once you get the confirmation letter, pay your deposit swiftly and confirm your enrollment.
What does the Course include:
CHAT WITH US 1