A great number of immigrants choose to work and settle down in Canada every year due to promising salaries and excellent lifestyles the country offers. The country has immense scope for professionals with varied specializations and degrees. Over 200,000 job openings are currently available in Canada for immigrants in the years 2020-2021.
Housing some of the best multinational brands and global conglomerates offering high-paying salaries in the market, meritorious and ambitious candidates always seek to settle in Canada for the country’s vibrant city life, an opulent multicultural environment, and the best standard of living. Canada is an immigration-friendly country and very welcoming when it comes to international workers settling down in Canada and contributing to the Canadian economy. That is why the Canadian government has designed the Provincial Nominee Program. The Provincial Nominee Program aims to welcome more immigrants to Canada to help develop the economy of the provinces and territories of Canada offer less competition, low living costs, and great opportunities.
Read More: Guide to Canada PR Visa from India
About the Provincial Nominee Program
The Provincial Nominee Program offers immigrants a quick gateway to attaining a Canada Permanent Residence Visa. The PNP permits provinces and territories of Canada to welcome immigrants that are inclined to migrate to Canada, work, and develop the economy of Canada. It is applicable to all semi-skilled and skilled workers who settle down permanently in one particular province or territory in Canada, with the aim of contributing to the Canadian economy. The PNP program Canada is different for each province and Canadian territory so will be the rules and regulations pertaining to that. Each province or Canadian territory will have its own streams, and they will target a particular stream, as stated below:
2. Semi-skilled workers
3. Business people
4. Skilled workers
For whom does the Provincial Nominee Program work?
The PNP program is an initiative taken by the Canadian government to welcome skilled workers who aim to get permanent residency and contribute to Canada.
1. Immigrants with skills, degrees, education degrees, and prior work experience want to live in Canada and work so that the specific province benefits in terms of the economy.
2. Immigrants who want to settle in a particular province or territory in Canada
3. People want to become permanent residents of Canada.
Read More: TCF Exam Canada Format, Structure and Tips
Documents for the Provincial Nominee Program
The Provincial Nominee Program has a proper checklist of documents which need to be submitted along with the application form fully filled out. Incomplete applications, which means, missing information or missing documents, will lead to rejection. Here is a complete list of documents an applicant needs to submit:
1. Generic Application form duly filled in
2. Have a valid travel document, like a passport.
3. Be in good health.
4. Personal identification
5. Financial stability records
6. No criminal or immigration-related convictions.
7. Documents that will convince the immigration officers that applicants have ties, such as home, financial assets, family members, or employment, that they want to take back to their home country.
8. Employment offers
9. Documents of work experience
10. Education and skills experience documents
11. Background declaration form
12. Family background form
13. Representative form
The application options for the PNP program
The PNP program has two modes of application, one by using the paperwork process and the other would be an electronic digital process through the Express Entry program. The medical examination and police verification certificate are the same for both processes. Refer to the process of paperwork and online applications, as each has a different application process.
Important Resources to Read About Canada:
Paperwork application process
1. Applicants need to apply to any Canadian province for PNP without the Express Entry program.
2. The eligibility criteria are different for each province and territory. The applicants need to fulfill the criteria of the particular province that will not nominate them.
3. Once the nomination is done, submit all the documents and applications for a PR Visa to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
4. A medical examination and police verification are important, no matter what situation arises. It is irreversible.
5. The application process will take longer than the Express Entry program, so applicants need to be patient.
Express Entry program application process
Applicants can apply 2 ways in the online Express Entry Program application process for PNP:
First way and its process
1. Applicants can contact the province or territory and apply for a nomination under their Express Entry stream.
2. Once the province or territory agrees to nominate the particular applicant, the applicant has to create an Express Entry profile (or update if they already have one) and show that the applicant has been nominated.
3. If the applicant gets a nomination through their account, the applicant need to accept it electronically.
Second way and its process
1. Applicants need to create an Express Entry profile and show the provinces and territories that he or she is interested in.
2. If a province or territory sends the applicant a “notification of interest” to their account, the applicant needs to contact them directly and apply to their Express Entry stream.
3. If the applicant is nominated, they will offer it to the applicant through the account, and the applicant must accept it electronically.
Moreover, personal needs to make an express entry profile in both the cases, not the personal profile as mentioned in the text.
However, below requirements must be fulfilled in both the ways-
1. The eligibility requirements of the province or territory must be met.
2. Candidate must submit an Express Entry profile and show that the minimum requirements for Express Entry are met
3. An electronic application to IRCC must be submitted by the applicant once the applicant is invited to apply.
Read More: Visitor Visa in Canada
Choose a province or territory in Canada
The PNP program has various streams and it differs from one territory to another. It is not a generalized program that is applicable to every province in Canada. Applicants seeking a PNP need to choose the province or territory right. To be nominated by the particular province of Canada, the applicants need to fulfill the eligibility and the instructions as stated on the website of the particular province. Contact the officials directly to seek any kind of information or solve any query. Below are the provinces and territories that accept PNP. The criteria, instructions, and eligibility keep changing without any notice, so applicants must keep a track of the official website.
Note: The province of Quebec does not have a provincial nominee program. Refer to the website to find every detail about their immigration process and the various programs that they have.
3. Northern Territories
5. Nova Scotia
7. Newfoundland and Labrador
8. New Brunswick
9. British Columbia
11. Prince Edward Island
Benefits of the Provincial Nominee Program
1. Low employment competition
Canada has one of the best economies in the world. The PNP program helps applicants to settle down and attain permanent residency that opens up economic opportunities and offers the best standard of living. If you are moving to cities like Vancouver and Toronto, you will find the competition for employment to be very high. On the other hand, with a PNP, if applicants settle down in provinces like Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, the competition will be low and the chances of employment will be easy and quick. Shifting to a province in Canada will open up opportunities in a shorter period of time, as compared to Canadian cities.
2. Living costs will be low
The provinces and territories are affordable as compared to elite and opulent cities in Canada. The living costs will be low for the applicants that decide to settle down in Canada in one of the provinces. The daily utilities, expenses, and transportation will be much more affordable than in high-rise cities. The PNP helps applicants to settle down at a low cost of living in Canada.
More Resources to Read About Canada:
Canada welcomes immigrants from various parts of the world to be a part of Canada, and contribute to the economy of Canada. The PNP is a pathway to immigration to Canada. It is a great opportunity for skilled workers and businessmen to settle down in a particular province, where the competition and cost of living is quite less. Applicants that meet the eligibility criteria can easily get a permanent residency visa under the Canada Provincial Nominee Program. For any queries related to the Provincial Nominee Program, the applicants can consult the counselors of upGrad Abroad.