Canada has become a globally recognized study destination for diploma courses in several disciplines, such as engineering, computer science, hospitality and tourism management, supply chain management, and more. PG diploma courses in Canada are popularly known as Graduate diploma courses, and are gaining popularity among international students due to their shorter duration and low investment.
You will find several one or two-year PG diploma courses in Canada. While some institutions offer a one-year PG diploma in Canada, most people choose a two-year postgraduate diploma in Canada. There are one-year PG diploma courses in Canada for students in several streams, and the same holds for the 2-year programs.
Students can pursue their postgraduate diplomas in Canada after their undergraduate course to enhance their job prospects. Enrollment in full-time postgraduate diploma courses in Canada ensures automatic one-year post-study work visa eligibility. It may also be the stepping stone toward future immigration. After the two-year diploma and industry placement, you can earn additional CRS points by getting your permanent residency (PR) for the country.
Top Universities Offering the Course
There are various universities in Canada that offer PG Diploma Courses in various fields, some of them are given below:
(Annually) PG Diploma in Professional Accounting Graduate Diploma in Health Research Post Graduate Diploma in Nurse Practitioner Energy Engineering Technology Civil Engineering Infrastructure Technology Computing and Information Technology Manufacturing Engineering Technology Diploma in Education – Computing Studies Applied Accounting and International Business
University of Toronto
Post Graduate Diploma in Information Studies
Approx CAD 30,000- 60,000
Post Graduate in-
Approx CAD 55,442.- 65,187
Thompson Rivers University
One year graduate Diploma in Business Administration
Approx CAD 16,000
The University of British Columbia
Diploma in Education – Health Education
Approx CAD 40,000- 53,000
Red River College
1 year PG in
Approx CAD 16,490- 18,000
PG Diploma in Professional Accounting
Graduate Diploma in Health Research
Post Graduate Diploma in Nurse Practitioner
Energy Engineering Technology
Civil Engineering Infrastructure Technology
Computing and Information Technology
Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Diploma in Education – Computing Studies
Applied Accounting and International Business
The best colleges in Canada for PG diploma courses offer varied specializations. Some of them include:
- Supply Chain Management
- Tourism Destination Development
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Tourism
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Resort Experience Management
- Managing Festivals and Events
- Adventure Studies
- Energy Systems Engineering Technology
- Financial Management
- Business Administration
- Data Analytics
- Marketing Management
- Human Resources Management
- Clinical Behavioral Sciences
- Architectural Technology
- Global Business Management
- Tourism Management
- Information Technology
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering
Levels of Education
The PG diploma in Canada is taught at the postgraduate level.
Brief/Average Fee Required for the Program
The average PG diploma in Canada fees hovers around CAD 15,164-61,200.
Eligibility for PG Diploma in Canada
Admission to a postgraduate diploma does not need special course marks for international students. Some criteria are
- Bachelor’s Degree: Students should submit their bachelor’s degree, undergraduate, or certificate along with their application form.
- Entrance Exam Scores: Students must undergo the entrance exam that the respective college or university lists.
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores: Students must give the English Language Proficiency test score. However, the score may vary according to the university.
- IELTS: 6.5
- TOEFL: 550
- Work Experience: Students must have between one and two years of work experience to seek admission to some specialized one-year PG diploma in Canada. However, not all universities or colleges in Canada would demand work experience.
- Canada Student Visa: Students must have a Canada study visa to apply for a PG diploma in Canada.
Admission Requirements and Documents Required for Post-Graduate Diploma Programs in Canada
As part of the admission process, students need to submit some of the following documents that are given below:
- Academic Transcripts
- Letter of Recommendation
- Valid Passport
- Current Photographs (passport size)
- Updated Resume
- Proof of finance
Application Process for PG Diploma Courses in Canada
There are specific steps to follow to get admission for PG Diploma Courses in Canada.
Step 1: After selecting the course, students should visit the official website of the top universities and colleges that offer the same.
Step 2: Check the eligibility requirements for admission.
Step 3: Submit your application along with the suggested application fee.
Step 4: Now submit all the necessary documents, including the academic transcripts and other additional documents.
Step 5: Students will receive a call for an interview round with the college after their application is accepted.
Cost of Studying for PG Diploma in Canada
There are two essential aspects to consider regarding the cost of studying PG Diploma in Canada. One is the tuition fee, and the other is the cost of living in Canada.
The annual tuition fee for a postgraduate diploma in Canada varies between 16,000 CAD to 77,440 CAD. However, the college fees range according to the program you choose.
Cost of Living
On average, students in Canada have to spend about CAD 800 to 1000 monthly on their living expenses. This includes some significant aspects of living, such as rent, food, groceries, transportation, study materials, and much more.
Most PG diploma programs are career-focused in Canada. Finding a job is relatively easy for skilled graduates in these programs. Freshers can expect salaries between CAD 25-50,000 per year based on their position and industry. Here are some average salaries for various job positions after completing PG diploma programs in Canada.
- HR managers- CAD 80,000 per year
- Graphic designers- CAD 42,000 per year
- Executive assistants- CAD 54,000 per year
- Marketing professionals- CAD 45,000 per year
- QA technicians- CAD 37,000 per year
- Accounts managers- CAD 44,000 per year
- Programmer analysts- CAD 61,000 per year
- Project managers- CAD 94,000 per year
According to Payscale, the average salary for postgraduate diploma holders in Canada stands at CAD 54,000 per year. Here is a list of profile-wise salaries based on the Payscale report:
- Administrative Assistant- CAD 32-52,000 per year
- Talent Acquisition Specialist- CAD 36-59,000 per year
- Digital Marketing Specialist- CAD 44-70,000 per year
- Test/Quality Assurance Analyst- CAD 44-80,000 per year
- Graphic Designer- CAD 36-59,000 per year
- Physiotherapist- CAD 57-102,000 per year
- Payroll and Benefits Supervisor- CAD 60-80,000 per year
Given below is the list of various scholarships:
Paul Foundation Scholarships
Humber College International Scholarship program
Brokerfish International Student Scholarships
Forktip Women Innovation Scholarships
Top Universities in Canada
Vancouver Island University
University of Victoria
University of British Columbia Rankings
Thompson Rivers University
University of Saskatchewan
Top Universities in Canada
✓End to end Visa/Application support