Pursuing your master’s in Finance, Canada is not difficult if you follow the tips provided in this article. You will find numerous institutions offering an MS in Finance in Canada, which is usually a one-to-two-year course, depending on the specialization and institution.
Master’s in Finance, Canada- Why Study in Canada?
Studying your master’s course in Canada with a good platform like upGrad Abroad will go a long way towards giving your career and academics a major boost. Here’s why:
- Canada is one of the foremost educational hubs of the world, offering some of the most prestigious global universities for master’s programs.
- Study at the best universities in Canada for master’s in Finance and other subjects, taking advantage of the superior educational infrastructure and innovative learning environment.
- Canada also offers comparatively affordable tuition costs and a better quality of life alongside.
- You can also expect a multicultural environment with ample security and top-notch healthcare facilities.
- Employment opportunities abound for skilled master’s graduates in Canada across sectors, with handsome starting salaries.
Top-rated universities for master’s in Finance in Canada
Here are the leading institutions where you can study MS in Finance in Canada. Make sure to check the eligibility criteria thoroughly. You will find some options for master’s in Finance in Canada without GMAT as well. Without further ado, here’s taking a closer look at the list:
Name of the Institution
Name of the Course
The University of British Columbia
M.Sc. in Business Administration in Finance
University of Waterloo
Master of Quantitative Finance
University of Toronto
Master of Accounting and Finance
University of Windsor
Master of Management – International Accounting and Finance
Master of Financial Accountability
Master of Management – Finance
Master of Science in Finance
Master of Finance
- Program Name- Master’s in Finance
- Program Types- MS and M. Sc.
- Course Content- Accounting and Finance, Quantitative Finance, Business Administration in Finance, Financial Accountability, International Accounting and Finance.
- Average tuition costs- INR 18-19 lakh.
- Average starting salaries- CAD 60,000 approximately (INR 34 lakh approx)
- Duration- 1-2 years
Why Study master’s in Finance in Canada?
- MS in Finance will help you delve deeper into accounting and analysis along with learning how to interpret global economic developments, investments, and financial markets.
- Master’s in Finance will help you build a stronger foundation in financial and business principles along with developing your knowledge of corporate finance, risk management, banking and many other disciplines.
- Canada is home to the top institutions for studying Finance in the world, with excellent job prospects and leading recruiters.
- Higher education institutions in Canada will combine theoretical knowledge with practical insights and teach students to solve problems in the real world.
- Accounting Analysis
- Risk management
- Investment Banking
- Corporate Finance
- International Finance
- Quantitative Finance
- Financial accountability
To enrol into the course, one must fulfil the master’s in Finance Canada eligibility criteria which are as follows:
- Undergraduate degree from a reputed institution.
- GRE/GMAT scores.
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE scores.
- Some institutions require work experience.
- Academic transcripts.
- Work experience proof if needed.
- GRE/GMAT scores.
- IELTS/TOEFL scores.
- 2-3 LORs (Letters of Recommendation).
- SOP (Statement of Purpose).
You can apply directly online with all your documents by visiting the official website of the university. You may have to go through a personal interview as well. Make sure you confirm your admission swiftly by paying the deposit once you get the letter of acceptance.
Master’s in Finance Canada Fees and Costs
Here are the average costs that you can expect:
- Approximate tuition costs of INR 18-19 lakh per year.
- Approximately living costs of INR 5.53 lakh per year.
Finance jobs in Canada for Indian students
There are many opportunities to earn a handsome master’s in Finance Canada salary. Average salaries may hover around CAD 60,000 or roughly INR 34-45 lakh and upwards per year. Graduates can work as financial consultants, investment bankers, financial analysts, insurance finance managers, financial advisors, investment bankers and more. They can also work in financial planning, management and investment/corporate banking sectors.
Q1. Is GMAT required for master’s in Finance in Canada?
A. Most institutions require GMAT for MS in Finance in Canada, although some take GRE scores as well. For instance, there are institutions such as the New York Institute of Technology, which does not require GMAT scores for its MBA in Finance. However, GMAT scores are always recommended.
Q2. Is Canada good for MS in Finance?
A. Indeed, Canada is one of the best places to pursue your master’s course in Finance, especially for its top-class learning environment and most importantly, global recognition for its degrees. Expect lucrative job opportunities after graduating from a leading Canadian institution.
Q3. Which Canadian university has the best finance program?
A. There are many institutions offering acclaimed master’s courses in Finance in Canada. They include the Universities of British Columbia, York and Toronto, along with McGill University, McMaster University, Universite Laval, Universite de Montreal and Queen’s University.
Q4. Is GRE required for MS in Finance in Canada?
A. International students applying for master’s courses in Finance in Canada should provide test scores of examinations such as GRE/GMAT. The minimum score requirements will vary across universities. GMAT is sometimes not required, although most institutions accept GRE scores. Check the eligibility criteria carefully.
Q5. Is there scope for Finance in Canada?
A. There is a lot of scope for Finance in Canada since there are excellent future growth prospects, going by the rising demand for skilled finance graduates in the country. Applications have also increased for Finance in Canada, owing to the flourishing economy and handsome starting salaries for qualified graduates. Many of these programs also do away with the work experience requirement, which is another big plus point for young graduates.
Q6. What can I do with a finance degree in Canada?
A. You can always venture into working as a financial analyst, consultant, advisor or investment/corporate banker. You can also venture into further studies and research in the field. There are umpteen job opportunities available for finance graduates in Canada.
Q7. What is the most affordable master’s degree in Canada related to finance?
A. Some of the most affordable master’s degrees in Finance include the two-year program available at the University of Saskatchewan, as per reports. This is a research/thesis-based master’s program. On average, you will need INR 18-19 lakh per year in tuition costs based on estimates.
Q8. What are the job opportunities for Finance in Canada?
A. Finance graduates can take advantage of numerous job opportunities, including information technology auditing, investment banking, financial advisor positions, senior accounting positions, hedge fund management, insurance advisor positions, risk managers, etc.