Are you interested in studying in Canada but have problems with the application process? So, if you are eyeing the September intake Canada 2022, read on to know all the significant information.
Intakes in Canada
Canada offers three intakes to its overseas students. At some universities, the term ‘semester’ may be used in place of an intake.
Important details for the three intakes are listed below:
- Fall- Also known as the September intake or primary intake.
- Winter– Also known as the secondary intake begins in January and is preferred by students who could not apply for primary intake.
- Summer– This is the May intake and is only available for a few courses, particularly those with short durations given by comparatively fewer universities/colleges.
September or Fall Intake
Most applicants prefer the fall intake. And if this is your preference as well, here is all the information you will require for September intake Canada 2022.
The months of September, October, November, and December make up the Fall/September intake period.
Application Cycle for September Intake
For September intake Canada 2022, applicants must submit their applications between August and October of that year. Dates are crucial, so always pay great attention to any course-specific information on the university website. The admissions committee may even send you emails, to which you should also reply well in advance to prevent any admission delays.
Last Date to Apply for September Intake in Canada
Finding out the details for the Canada September intake 2022 deadline is crucial once you’ve chosen your degree and university. The last day to apply for September intake in Canada varies from university to university and largely depends on the type of degree chosen. The deadline for applications is usually set between December and March.
List of Colleges in Canada for September 2022 Intake
Most colleges in Canada open admission during this time as this is the primary intake.
Here is the list of prominent universities that have a September intake:
- Bow Valley College
- Coast Mountain College
- Norquest College
- Okanagan College
- Red River College
- Vancouver Community College
- Seneca College
- Sheridan College
- Columbia College
- George Brown College
- Fraser International College
- Navitas International College of Manitoba (ICM)
- Lambton College
- Parkland College
Apply for September Intake Canada 2022
The application process is simple and worthwhile once you land in your dream college for your dream course. There are a few prerequisites that the application procedure encompasses. Following is the list of the requisite steps you must follow before you begin the application process for September intake in Canada for 2022-2023.
- Make a shortlist of at least 8–10 colleges or universities that offer the course you want.
- Check for scholarship and tuition fees.
- Prepare and apply for GMAT, GRE, SAT, TOFEL, or IELTS.
- Draft a statement of purpose (SOP) or Essay.
- Arrange for a letter of recommendation.
- Coordinate any further paperwork or information requirements with the colleges or universities.
- After receiving the acceptance letter from the college or university, pay the fees by the deadline.
- Obtain a student visa for Canada.
Courses Open for September Intake in Canada
The following is a list of some of the popular courses that are offered in September intake Canada 2022:
- Business Administration
- Data Management and Analytics
- Digital Marketing
- Cyber Security
- Human Resources
- Social Service Worker Diploma
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Automotive Business
- Biotechnology – Health
- Business – Accounting
- Computer Programming
- Fine Arts
- Business Analytics
- Supply Chain Management
- Hospitality Management
- Arts, Science, and Technology
- Culinary Arts Certificate
Q1. When should I apply for September intake in Canada 2022?
You should ideally start applying as early as possible and at least a month before the deadline. The application date varies across universities and colleges, so refer to their specific university websites.
Q2. What is September intake called in Canada?
September intake is also known as Fall or primary intake in Canada. The name may vary from university to university.
Q3. How to apply for September intake in Canada?
Preferably, you should apply to multiple universities/colleges across Canada, and once the course is decided, you should start filling out the forms as soon as possible. This can help in securing scholarships in case students fulfill the eligibility criteria.