Now that the uncertainty which loomed over 12th board exams due to the pandemic is settled, many parents and students might be thinking about the prospects of pursuing higher studies from abroad. As undergraduate programs in management and business are popular choices among the young, lakhs of students travel abroad to pursue them. BBA in Canada after 12th is one such in-demand and lucrative course choice.
BBA in Canada – What does it involve?
The four-year BBA program builds a student’s base for him/her to understand all things related to business management. A candidate can also expect to learn entrepreneurial skills.
The structure of a BBA course in Canada involves a combination of both practical and theoretical classes. The student gets an insight into the industry while learning through presentations, projects, expert lectures, and visit to industries. With the help of this degree, students get to know about the ongoing changes in the business landscape. The course has an integrated approach and introduces the students to types of entrepreneurship, corporates, small businesses, and online businesses.
Why go for BBA in Canada?
1. Almost 16.4% more international students applied to Canadian Business schools in 2019. This rate was even higher than the USA.
2. 90% of the students pursuing BBA in Canada after 12th get hired into a well-known organization within first few months of graduation.
3. The average salary of a candidate after completion of the degree is $60,000. However, it can range anywhere from $45,000 to $83,000.
4. With a work permit, graduates can work for three years. Along with studies, students also get the option of working 20 hours a week.
5. The best career options for students post-BBA are financial analysts and auditors. It is expected that by 2028, the openings will increase by 80,000.
6. Cities such as Ottawa and Montreal often rank high as best cities for offering an excellent student life. Around half a million international students fly to Canada to pursue higher education every year.
Read More: Canada Student Visa IELTS Band Requirements
Top universities to pursue BBA in Canada
Canada hosts some of the best universities in the world for business courses. The most renowned universities for BBA in Canada after 12th are as follows:
1. University of Alberta, Edmonton
2. Queen’s University, Ontario
3. Western University, Ontario
4. York University, Toronto
5. Concordia University, Montreal
6. University of British Columbia, Vancouver
7. Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia
8. HEC Montreal, Montreal
9. University of Toronto, Toronto
10. Brock University, Ontario
Eligibility criteria for BBA in Canada
To study at any university in Canada, applicants can send in their applications either directly over college websites or through some common portals like OUAC/Apply Alberta.
A student must have completed class 12th or equivalent with required marks to study in Canada. It is a must to have:
1. Vectors or calculus – 60%
2. Advanced functions – 70%
3. Standard or higher level English – 4
4. Data management – 60%
5. IB minimum score – 33
6. Standard or higher-level Maths – 4
Applicants who don’t belong to English-speaking countries must produce an evidence of proficiency in the English language to study in Canada. Submission of scores in language tests such as TOEFL and IELTS will serve the purpose.
Important Resouces About Canada to Read:
Documents required for BBA in Canada
Students can submit the required documents by post or email while applying for BBA in Canada after 12th.
1. Certified scripts of completed secondary education
2. Academic records with scores and grades
3. IDs, including citizenship documents, birth certificates, or passports, are mandatory after the approval of admission.
4. English language proficiency proof
5. A financial affidavit that suggests you can study abroad
Canadian student visa
For the application of a Canadian student visa, the aspirant will have to pay 150 CAD. Indian students don’t need to get health insurance for their Canadian visa. For the visa, the following documents are required:
1. Attested copies of 10th, 12th and degree certificates
3. 2 recruiter references
4. 2 academic references
5. Extracurricular achievement certificates
6. Statement of purpose
7. Proof of financial funds
8. Proof of payment
9. Acceptance letter from the institution
10. English proficiency score
11. Passport-size photographs
University will update the additional requirements if any.
Read More: Reasons for Canada Student Visa Rejection
Employment opportunities in Canada after BBA
A candidate can apply for the roles of Marketing Analyst, Administrative Assistant, Marketing Specialist, Financial Analyst, Senior Accountant, and Financial Controller among others in top companies. Names of some of the world-class organizations that hire employees from Canada are mentioned below.
2. KPMG, LLP
3. TD Canada
4. Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
5. BDO Dunwoody, LLP
Ready to study BBA in Canada after 12th? Connect with expert counselors from upGrad Abroad for best support and guidance.
More Resources to Read About Canada:
Study in BBA after 12th – FAQs
Q1. What is the duration of courses in Canada?
In most Canadian universities, the duration of a BBA course is four years.
Q2. How much approximately does one need to pay to study BBA in Canada?
The tuition fee for pursuing BBA from Canada can range anywhere between CAD 26,000 to 30,000 annually.
Q3. What are the different BBA programs available in Canada?
The different formats are BBA full-time, BBA part-time and BBA co-operative.