Wondering whether you should apply for a PG diploma in digital marketing in Canada? The answer is an undoubted yes. Digital marketing is an indispensable function across most companies/businesses today. It is the lifeblood of most marketing efforts, spanning various forms and techniques. Digital marketing has helped companies save time, energy, and costs while accessing and engaging wider audiences. Hence, there is skyrocketing demand for skilled digital marketers with the tools and knowledge to succeed in the field.
A post-graduate diploma in digital marketing in Canada is an ideal option for aspirants looking to build fulfilling careers in this lucrative/rewarding field of study.
Digital Marketing Diploma in Canada- Top Programs & Colleges
Here are some of the best institutions for doing a PG diploma in digital marketing in Canada:
Vancouver Premier College of Business and Management –
Course Name- Post Graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing
- 30 weeks or 30 credits
- Co-Op Option with 45 credits and 60 weeks.
- Eligibility- Degree/Diploma/Equivalent Post-Secondary Qualification + English Language Proficiency
- Minimum Age of 19 Years
York University School of Continuing Studies –
Course Name- Post-Graduate Certificate in Digital & Content Marketing
- Intakes- September, May, January
- Tuition Fees- CAD15,199
- Course Content- Content Marketing Strategy, SEO, SEM, CRM, etc.
- Eligibility- Baccalaureate degree (60%) or 3-year Canadian College Diploma with B/70% average + English language proficiency
- Statement of Interest, Video, and Resume Needed for Admission
George Brown College –
Course Name- Digital Media Marketing Program
- 12 months
- Tuition Fees- CAD 4,328 (domestic) and higher for international students
- Work experience/internship options for students
- Fall, spring, and winter intakes
- Eligibility- 3-year bachelor’s degrees/advanced college diploma + English language proficiency + work experience + resume and references
Centennial College –
Course Name- Marketing- Digital Engagement Strategy (Co-Op Optional)
- One year or two semesters
- Intakes- September
- Eligibility- 3.0 GPA with 3-year degree/diploma in business/marketing + English language proficiency + written assessment.
- A partial university degree/two-year college diploma may be considered with relevant qualifications and two years of work experience.
- Tuition Fees- CAD 15,385.50
The University of Winnipeg –
Course Name- Digital and Social Media Marketing Certificate
- Tuition Fees- CAD 2,620
- 12-18 months (maximum five years)
- Eligibility- High School Graduation/Mature Status Diploma + High-School Transcripts and Equivalent + 2.5 GPA + English language proficiency
- The minimum age should be 18 or more, with 90 coursework hours completed at any post-secondary institution.
The eligibility criteria vary across institutions. However, some general guidelines include the following:
- Undergraduate degree, diploma, and other equivalent qualifications as deemed necessary by the institution.
- English language proficiency.
- Some institutions insist on work experience, resumes, and references.
- Some may ask for a written assessment.
Duration of the programs
These courses usually span a year or slightly less.
The application cycle extends to September, January, and May.
Fees may hover between CAD 2,600-15,400 on average. They vary across institutions, depending on the course type, duration, and several other parameters.
There are excellent job prospects for digital marketers in Canada. Job positions include the following:
- Digital marketing executives
- Media planners
- Digital marketing officers
- Digital communications coordinators
- Communications and social media officers
- Digital marketing managers
- Digital media specialists
- Social media specialists
- Social media managers
The average salary for digital marketers in Canada is CAD 52,552 annually.
Q1. Is a PG Diploma valuable in Canada?
Yes, PG Diploma degrees are valued in Canada. They can be done after completing your undergraduate degree. These courses may beef up your CV if you seek permanent residence (PR) or employment in the country.
Q2. Which institute is best for digital marketing in Canada?
Some of the leading institutions for digital marketing in Canada include the Centennial College, the University of Winnipeg, York University School of Continuing Studies, and many others.
Q3. Is digital marketing in demand in Canada?
Digital marketing is hugely in demand throughout Canada. The profession is finding favour across most industries, with several employment positions at leading companies.