McGill University is one of the reputed and leading public universities in Montreal, Canada. The university is well established and offers state-of-art and world-class education and research facilities for postgraduate, undergraduate, and doctoral programs. The excellent education system makes McGill University a ranked university with a competitive acceptance rate of 47% (as per EduRank). To be a part of McGill University, international students need to meet the admission requirements and eligibility criteria completely.
McGill University Global Ranking
McGill University is a globally ranked university that is ranked by the topmost world university ranking systems. It is ranked by QS World University Rankings, US News & World Report, and Times Higher Education. Since McGill fulfils the criteria and factors of excellence in terms of the education system and research, it is always on the list of top 20 universities globally.
McGill University has a QS World university ranking of 27, globally, due to its excellent academics and research opportunities. It is ranked #51 by US News & World Report in the year 2022 for being one of the best global universities offering quality higher education. Times Higher Education ranked McGill University at #44 position in university ranking 2022 and #41 in reputation ranking in 2021.
McGill University Acceptance Rate for Bachelor’s Courses
McGill University is one of the top-ranked universities in Canada, has a competitive acceptance rate of 47%. This makes the admission process very selective whereas international students need to meet the eligibility criteria and admission requirements imposed by the admission panel.
McGill University Acceptance Rate for Master’s Courses
McGill University is well known for its majors and citations in post-graduate programs. The admission process and eligibility criteria are quite competitive since McGill University is a globally ranked university in Canada. With an acceptance rate of 47%, the admission process at McGill University is very competitive with cutthroat competition and the application screening process.
Eligibility Criteria for Admissions at McGill University
Admission Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Courses
- For undergraduate courses at McGill University, international students need to have completed high school education with a minimum cumulative grade point of 3.2 GPA. The degree should be from a recognized board of education.
- Language requirements are compulsory for international students where IELTS minimum score 7 and TOEFL 27 is important to increase the chances of getting admission.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) is important. Students need to submit an SOP during the application process.
- Letters of recommendation from past faculty members of a past education institution are compulsory.
- ACT and SAT scores are compulsory.
Admission Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate Courses
- Students taking admission to postgraduate courses need to complete their bachelor’s degree full-time from a recognized board of study in the relevant field.
- International students need to prove their English language skills with IELTS or TOEFL scores which are accepted at McGill University.
- Letters of recommendations are important from past faculty or employers to apply for post-graduation courses.
- Work experience is an added advantage to taking admission to McGill University which improves the chances of getting admission.
Top Popular Courses at Mcgill University
McGill University is well known for its top-ranked courses and programs. The below-mentioned courses are designed for lucrative career opportunities and they are top-ranked by QS subject rankings and Times Higher Education:
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Energy and Fuels
- Food Science and Technology
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Be a part of McGill University to open up the unlimited scope and lucrative career opportunities. Being one of the globally reputed universities, McGill University’s acceptance rate is very competitive and selective.
Top Universities in Canada
Brescia University College
University of Windsor
University of Sherbrooke
Top Universities in Canada
✓End to end Visa/Application support