Michigan State University is one of the largest public universities in the US, which was founded in 1855. It is one of the globally recognized land-grant education institutions that deliver quality education and academic excellence to international students from over 72 countries. With more than 200 programs in 17 degree-granting education institutions, Michigan State University is one of the globally acclaimed education institutions. Owing to such recognition globally, Michigan State University’s acceptance rate is 76% which makes the process a selective one.
Michigan State University Global Rankings
Michigan State University is ranked 93 in World University Rankings 2022 by Times Higher Education. It holds a rank of 157 in QS World University Rankings for 2022. Michigan State University is ranked 83 among national universities in the US. The institute has been consistently and globally ranked by the top education ranking systems due to its prestigious citations, research work, methodology, academic excellence, faculty, and top-ranked departments. Being among the top 6% of globally acclaimed universities worldwide, Michigan State University has been a preferred study abroad destination for international students.
Michigan State University Acceptance Rate
For UG Programs
The university offers more than 200 programs out of which 136 are undergraduate courses and are ranked by the top-ranking systems like Times Higher Education and U.S. News & World Report. With an acceptance rate of 76% for undergraduate courses, Michigan State University makes the admission process very selective. It is based on standardized examination scores, academic background, and language requirements. To be a part of the university students need to meet the eligibility requirements for bachelor courses.
For PG Programs
It has globally top 50 ranked courses for postgraduate and doctoral aspirants. Being a top-ranked and globally acclaimed university for education and research, Michigan State University has an acceptance rate of 76% for postgraduate programs. The process of admission is selective and completely based on academic records and standardized test scores along with language requirements.
Michigan State University Admission Requirements
For UG Programs
- Students applying for undergraduate courses and programs at Michigan State University need to have a minimum GPA of 3.75. The better the GPA, the higher will be the chances of getting admission.
- Students need to take standardized examination tests like the ACT and SAT. The minimum score is 23 to 29 for the ACT and for SAT the minimum score is 1280.
- International students need to appear for English language proficiency tests. The accepted test scores are at least a 6.5-band score in IELTS, and a minimum of 79 in TOEFL.
For PG Programs
- Students taking admission to postgraduate courses at Michigan State University need to have a full-time undergraduate program from a recognized board of study.
- Students need to appear for the English language proficiency test where the IELTS minimum score band is 6.5 and for TOEFL it is 79.
- All the academic records and transcripts need to be in original copy and in the English language.
Popular Courses at Michigan State University
Michigan State University is a reputed university with full-time and part-time courses for undergraduate and postgraduate aspirants. With more than 200 globally recognized courses, here are some popular courses at Michigan State University:
- Computer Science
- Ethnicity and Culture
✓End to end Visa/Application support