Pennsylvania State University, also popularly called Penn State University is a globally acknowledged research public university located in the Pennsylvania, United States of America. It has been a global leader for 150 years offering quality education, research, and teaching facilities to international and domestic students. The high academic standard and holdings rank the university in the top position by the top-ranking system consistently. Pennsylvania State University acceptance rate is 76%, which makes that mission process moderately selective. Students need to fulfil the eligibility and admission requirements to enrol themselves in prestigious undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses and programs.
Pennsylvania State University World Rankings
Times Higher Education (THE) University Impact Ranking 2021 ranked Pennsylvania State University as fourth in the entire United States and 32nd in the world out of 1115 universities globally. According to U.S. News & World Report in the year 2022, Penn State University has been ranked as 80th position in the category of best worldwide universities for academic excellence and research. According to the QS World University Rankings in the year 2022, Pennsylvania State University is ranked at 96th position globally. As per THE World University ranking, out of 1600 universities globally Pennsylvania State university stands at 119 positions in the year 2022.
Pennsylvania State University Acceptance Rate For Undergraduate Programs
Pennsylvania State University is well known for its bachelor’s and undergraduate programs from more than 90 disciplines and specialisations. Students from all over the world apply for undergraduate programs full-time as well as distance and online courses. With an acceptance rate of 76%, Pennsylvania State University is moderately selective and focuses mainly on the academic requirements and eligibility criteria like standardised courses, academic records, and language test requirements.
Pennsylvania State University Acceptance Rate For Postgraduate Programs
Pennsylvania State University has an acceptance rate of 76%. The admission process is completely based on the academic record as well as standardised scores and test scores along with entrance and language requirements. It has more than 41% of the student’s strength as an international student; the global competition is high. Students from all around the world apply for different courses as Pennsylvania State University offers a diversified range of specialisations and measures.
Eligibility Criteria For Undergraduate Programs
- Students applying for undergraduate programs need a high school degree from a recognized board of study with a minimum GPA of 3.4 out of a scale of 4.0. Only students with commendable academic standing and performance are eligible to get admission to the university for undergraduate courses and programs.
- All the transcripts and Documents should be in English language and original.
- ACT and SAT examinations are important, but the writing component is not important. SAT subject tests are not compulsory.
- International students need to take English language proficiency tests within 24 months of submission of the university application. The accepted test scores are IELTS minimum 6.5 bands, and for TOEFL it should be a minimum of 88.
Eligibility Criteria For Postgraduate Courses
- Students applying for postgraduate courses need to have a full-time undergraduate degree from a recognized Board of Education system.
- Students must have a compulsory study course in graduation that they have opted for the post-graduation program.
- International students need to prove English language proficiency since the post-graduation courses and programs are taught in the English language. IELTS minimum score requirement is 6.5 and for TOEFL Internet best it is a minimum of 88 internet-based.
Top Popular Courses
The university offers short-term and long-term full-time classrooms as well as online programs for undergraduate postgraduate diplomas and certification. Here are some of the most popular courses available at Pennsylvania State University that hold subject rankings globally.
- Social science
- Biomedical sciences
- Information technology
- Computer science
Pennsylvania State University is a recognized and well-known university for its quality higher education and international research scope. The admission process is competitive due to a large number of applications and tough competition available from around the world. To enrol in courses and programs at Pennsylvania State University students need to fulfil admission criteria as mentioned above. To know more about the admission process get in touch with the academic counsellors of upGrad Abroad.
Top Universities in the USA
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
University of Connecticut
Oregon State University
Georgia Institute of Technology
San Jose State University
Top Universities in the USA
✓End to end Visa/Application support