Queen Mary University of London Admission 2023London, UK
- It is ranked at #125 in the QS World University Rankings for 2023.
- It is ranked at #110 in the U.S. News Best Global Universities ranking for 2022.
- Ranks at #176- 200th in the World Reputation Ranking 2021.
- School of Law is ranked 8th in the UK (Guardian 2021)
The acceptance rate at the Queen Mary University of London is 43.6%. The faculty of the college has Nobel laureates and the institution takes pride in its high academic performance, making the college highly selective in its admissions process.
Admission eligibility criteria
- Obtain a full first degree, the equivalent of a UK undergraduate degree, with a pass in each final year module, or at least a pass.
- Applicants must already possess a good level of mathematics, statistics, or quantitative methods in order to enroll in the Pre-Masters in Finance and Economics.
- Alternately, obtain a UK Diploma of Higher Education (level 5), or its international equivalent, with at least a 55% overall average and a pass in each final-year subject.
- Any bachelor subject is acceptable for the Pre-Masters in Humanities and Social Sciences programme.
- Awards with unsuccessful academic modules in the last year of study will be taken into consideration on an individual basis.
- English proficiency proof.
- Academic transcripts.
- Financial guarantee proof.
- CAS statement.
- ATAS clearance may be additionally required.
Test required/ Average score
- IELTS: 6.0 overall, minimum of 5.5 in each skill.
- Minimum 16 IB points with marks of 4 or above in 4 subjects (excluding languages) at either Standard or Higher Level.
- PTE (UKVI) Score Required: 51 overall, minimum of 42 in each skill.
- For Indian students Standard XII (Central/ State Board): 60% overall.
- For the International Foundation Year in Science and Engineering, we also require at least a minimum of 3 (HL) or 4 (SL) in the required subjects.
- TOEFL: 72 overall including 17 in Writing and Listening 18 in Reading, and 20 in Speaking.
- Geography and environmental science.
- Global health and development.
- Foundation courses.
- Biological and biomedical sciences.
- Economics and finance.
- Film studies.
- Chemical sciences.
- Comparative literature.
How the university evaluates applicants
The overall historic academic performance (which needs to meet the minimum benchmark of 55%) and the English assessment test scores are the main aspects checked while considering a student for admission. Selected candidates may be called for a one-on-one interview in the last round.
Tips for applying to the university
- Pick a course from the university's course directory, which is accessible from the university admissions portal.
- To apply, log in to the admissions portal after registering there.
- Upload any supporting materials, such as a resume, transcripts, or a personal statement.
- Though the university does not charge any exclusive fees for the same, pay any application fees if required.
- Fill out the form, and then either wait for the acceptance letter or track the application on UCAS Track.
- The UCAS application deadline for medicine and dental courses: 15th October.
- Application deadline for equal consideration for the majority of Queen Mary courses: 25 January
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.