University of Saskatchewan Admission 2023Saskatoon, Canada
- The university has a QS World University Ranking of #473 for 2023.
- It has a Times Higher Education (THE) World University Ranking of 501-600 for 2023.
- U.S. News ranks it at #510 in its 2022 list of Best Global Universities
The overall acceptance rate of the University of Saskatchewan is 73%
Undergraduate acceptance rate
The University of Saskatchewan is one of the most challenging universities in Canada to get into with a reasonably competitive acceptance rate of 58% for UG programs.
Postgraduate acceptance range
The USask graduate school acceptance rate is 45% for PG programs
Admission eligibility criteria
- A master's degree with a cumulative historical grade weighted average (USask grade system equivalent) of at least 70% is required to be eligible.
- Furthermore, in order to have a decent chance of admission, students at the University of Saskatchewan in Canada must maintain minimum GPA criteria of 3.3 or get a graduation class rank in the top 25%. They should have a 3.0 unweighted GPA in the core competency criteria through their sixth semester for the UG program.
- For international applicants whose native tongue is another language than English, proof of English language proficiency may be needed.
- Resume/ CV
- Transcripts of all previous academic degrees (high school or Bachelor’s degree)
- GMAT or GRE preliminary test scores
- Proof of English proficiency
- Reference letters
- Statement/ Letter of intent
- Valid Passport
- Thesis details for Masters students
- Financial soundness proof
Test required/ Average score
- IELTS: Overall score of 6.5 with no score below 6.0 in each area
- Cambridge C1 Advanced: Overall score of 176 or above
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-based): Overall score of 86 with minimum scores of 19 in each area
- Duolingo: Overall score of 115, with minimum individual scores of 95 in each area.
- PTE: Overall score of 63 with minimum scores of 59 in each area.
- CAEL: Minimum score of 70%, with minimum individual scores of 60.
- GMAT- Minimum score of 500
- Health care
- Environmental studies
- Advanced Veterinary Diagnostic
- Business management
How the university evaluates applicants
The university looks into the past performance of the students to see if they meet the minimum benchmark of the university in the initial selection process. Entrance test exam scores are a good metric for evaluation, such as the GMAT and GRE.
Tips for applying to the university
- Register through the official university website admissions portal. Select the desired program and click on apply now.
- Upload all necessary documents along with other information that is required.
- Upload supporting documents such as test scores, transcripts, and others as mentioned.
- Pay the application fees. For the majority of programmes, you must pay an application cost of at least $90 CDN, which is non refundable.
- Track your status through the portal.
Here are the deadlines for applicants:
- Deadline for winter batch- January 2023: Dec 1, 2022.
- Deadline for spring batch- May 2023: Apr 1, 2023.
- Deadline for fall batch-September 2023: Aug 15, 2023.
- Deadline for summer batch- July 2023: May 1, 2023.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.