University of Prince Edward Island Admission 2023Charlottetown, Canada
- It is ranked at #1299 in the world by UniRank.
- It is ranked at #41 in Canada by UniRank.
- It is also ranked at #8 in Canada by Maclean's Magazine
The University of Prince Edward Island has an acceptance rate of 70% and is considered moderately selective, as compared to the national average.
Undergraduate Acceptance rate
The undergraduate acceptance rate of the university stands at 61-70%
Post Graduate acceptance rate
The postgraduate acceptance rate of the university stands at 50- 61%
Admission eligibility criteria
- Students who wish to apply to the University of Prince Edward Island must first visit the website to see what courses are offered and what prerequisites are needed.
- A minimum bachelor's degree is required for a master's program and a high school degree for any undergraduate program.
- A minimum GPA of 4.0 in previous academic performances.
- Students who wish to demonstrate their English abilities must take tests like the IELTS, TOEFL, CAEL, and MELAB.
- Additionally, they must adhere to national requirements. International applicants must submit a $50 application fee along with all necessary documentation to the University of Prince Edward Island.
- For Indian students- Indian School Certificate (grades XI and XII) with a Mark Sheet or Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) with a minimum of a Second Division Pass is necessary for admission.
- Transcripts of all previous academic endeavors
- English proficiency test scores
- Copy of a valid passport and Student Visa
- A motivation essay is recommended but is not mandatory
- Proof of financial soundness using bank statements.
Test required/ Average score
- GTEC CBT score of 1176–1250
- TOEFL internet-based test: 80 with a minimum of 20 in each category
- TOEFL paper-based test: 550 with a minimum TWE of 5.5
- IELTS (Academic): Overall score of 6.5 with no band below 6
- CAEL (including CAEL Online): 60 or above
- Cambridge B2 First, C1-Advanced or C2 Proficiency: Overall score of 176 with 176 in writing and no other skill below 169
- Hospitality and tourism
- Teaching and Education
- Registered Nursing
- Business and Management studies
- Humanities and social studies
- Arts (Fine / Visual / Performing)
- Communication and journalism
- Science- Biology, Chemistry being the most popular.
How the university evaluates applicants
Applicants are assessed on past academic performance, the English assessment test scores and a creative essay.
Tips for applying to the university
- Candidates are advised to login in if they already have a UPEI account, or you can create one. Students can apply to any program and check the status of their application from the account.
- Complete the online form with all the necessary info as mentioned.
- Receive a notification verifying that you have paid the application fee and finished your application by submitting your UPEI application.
- Send in your transcripts and any other supporting documents to the university via email, fax or post (info mentioned on the official university website).
- Application fees of $75 USD are to be paid and the receipt is to be sent to the university along with the necessary documents
The fall semester deadline is on August 1 and the winter semester application deadline is on December 1
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.