Looking for the best universities for masters in cyber security in UK? You will find them all here, with some added information as well. MS in cyber security is a postgraduate course in the United Kingdom, which also comes with internships or placements at some institutions.
A year is usually required to complete a full-time master’s course in cyber security. International applicants will have to pay approximately £14,100-31,000 per year or INR 14-30 lakh approximately. However, there is good demand in the UK for skilled cyber security graduates, with average salaries standing at roughly £65,000 per year or approximately INR 65 lakh.
Recommended Read: Study Abroad for MASTERS Degree
Best universities for masters in cyber security in UK- Eligibility Criteria
Here’s taking a closer look at the eligibility criteria for doing masters in cyber security in the United Kingdom.
- Three or four year undergraduate degree with at least 55-60% marks, depending upon the university. Many also require CGPA of 7.75 or 5.5-6.0.
- Many universities mandate IELTS scores between 6.5 and 7 while they may also require TOEFL scores of 80-92 as well.
- You will have to possess work experience and send your resume/CV if the university stipulates the same.
- Letters of recommendation (LORs) are also required for applying to this course.
Recommended Read: List of study abroad Programs
Best universities in UK for masters in cyber security
Here’s taking a closer look at the best universities for masters in cyber security in UK:
|QS Global Ranking||Top University||Name of the Course and Tenure|
|#4||University College London||MSc in Information Security (one year)|
|#12||University of Birmingham||MSc in Cyber Security (one year)|
|#15||University of Southampton||MSc in Cyber Security (one year)|
|#16||University of York||MSc in Cyber Security (one year)|
|#17||Lancaster University||MSc in Cyber Security (one year)|
|#28||Queens University of Belfast||MSc. in Applied Security (one year)|
|#35||Swansea University||M.Sc in Cyber Security (one year)|
|#38||Royal Holloway University||MSc Information Security (one year)|
|#38||Anglia Ruskin University||M.Sc. Cyber Security (one year)|
|#43||Northumbria University||MSc. in Cybersecurity and MSc. in Cybersecurity Technology|
|#49||Middlesex University||MSc in Cyber Security|
|#67||Nottingham Trent University||MSc. In IT Security|
|#67||Manchester Metropolitan University||MSc. In Cyber Security (one year)|
|#67||University of Bradford||MSc. In Cyber Security (one year)|
|#67||University of Greenwich||MSc in Computer Forensic and Cyber Security|
|#81||University of Hertfordshire||MSc in Cyber Security (one year)|
Start Your Study Abroad Journey Now.
Benefits of studying for masters in cyber security in the UK
There are several benefits of pursuing a master’s course in cyber security in the United Kingdom. They include:
- The UK is home to leading universities for cyber security, with global recognition and superior research and technological infrastructure.
- The program spans only a year at most institutions in the UK, which helps students, complete their courses quicker and find work faster.
- Many universities also offer placement years or internships to students of cyber security.
- There is soaring demand for skilled cyber security professionals in the UK, with growing employment across leading corporates and the mainstream IT sector alike. Reports indicate close to 100,000 new positions over the next few years.
- GRE is not required for applying to these courses, which is another major benefit.
Start Your Study Abroad
✓ Save upto 30Lakh ✓ No IELTS required
✓End to end Visa/Application support
✓End to end Visa/Application support