Looking for the top universities in the UK for masters in civil engineering? If the answer is yes, then you should know that the country offers excellent future prospects for trained and skilled graduates in this field. MS in civil engineering is an 18-24 month course in the United Kingdom. Annual tuition costs may hover around £22,750-36,950 (approx INR 22-37 lakh) while average salaries for professionals may stand at roughly £110,000 or INR 1.1 crore in the field.
Recommended Read: Study Masters Abroad
Eligibility Criteria for Top Universities in the UK for Masters in Civil Engineering
Here are the eligibility criteria for the best universities in the UK for masters in civil engineering:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or any relevant discipline.
- Minimum GPA of 3 or 60-70% of marks. The equivalent grade will be B.
- GMAT/GRE scores.
- Proof of English language proficiency- IELTS/TOEFL scores.
- LOR (Letter of Recommendation) and SOP (Statement of Purpose).
- Candidates may have to clear personal interviews at some universities as well.
Leading Universities in the UK for Masters in Civil Engineering
Here are the top universities in the UK for masters in civil engineering:
- QS Global Rank- 5- The University of Cambridge
- QS Global Rank- 6- The Imperial College London
- QS Global Rank- 16- The University of Oxford
- QS Global Rank- 44- The University of Leeds
- QS Global Rank- 48- The University of Manchester
- QS Global Rank- 51-100 – Cardiff University
- QS Global Rank- 51-100- The University of Nottingham
- QS Global Rank- 51-100- The University of Sheffield
- QS Global Rank- 51-100- UCL, London
- QS Global Rank- 51-100- The University of Bristol
Benefits of Studying Masters in Civil Engineering in the UK
There are many advantages of pursuing a master’s course in civil engineering in the UK. They include:
- The United Kingdom comprises some of the most popular and globally acclaimed institutions for civil engineering.
- The engineering industry employs a large chunk of the professional workforce in the country, creating jobs in large numbers every year.
- Double-digit growth is anticipated for the manufacturing, engineering, construction, and allied industries over the next decade.
- More than half of civil engineering students have found employment in well-known business sectors and industries while employment rates should go up further over the next few years as per reports.
- A major chunk of masters graduates chooses to get into research and study in the UK as well. Infrastructure and institutions are both top-notch in the country for this purpose too.
- Multiple internships and industrial mentoring opportunities are available for students at leading universities.
You can also get in touch with our study abroad consultant for free consultations.
|Popular Masters Programs in Abroad|
|MS in Data Science in Germany||MIM in Germany|
|MBA in Germany||MS in Computer Science in Germany|
|MS in Data Analytics in USA||Masters in Business Studies in Ireland|
|MS in Data Analytics in Ireland|
Important Exams to Study Abroad