The United Kingdom (UK) is one of the biggest educational hubs worldwide and is an ideal destination for completing Master’s programs. The best universities in UK for Masters offer a world-class environment for learning, innovative curricula, and great future prospects in terms of higher education, research, and job opportunities. The UK is also known for its vibrant campuses, multicultural community, and cultural attractions.
Recommended Read: Study Abroad for MASTERS Degree
Eligibility for MS in UK
Studying at the top universities in UK for Masters automatically means fulfilling specific eligibility criteria. They include:
- 2.1/2.2 (75%/60%) Bachelor’s course in a subject/field linked to the course where you are applying.
- GMAT or GRE scores depending on the university.
- Professional or work experience as per the criteria.
- IELTS or TOEFL iBT scores.
Recommended Read: Study Abroad for BACHELORS Degree
Cost of Studying in the UK
The cost of studying in the UK can vary between INR 15-30 lakh on average. However, there are scholarships available in large numbers for international students, which may help in reducing costs. £5,300 is the average annual cost for accommodation along with £250 in transportation expenditure and £500-730 in covering utilities. You can expect £400 per year in study material costs along with £1,500 in food and household costs.
Recommended Read: Spring Intake in UK
Top Universities in UK for Masters
|UK Ranking||QS World Ranking||Name of the Institution|
|1||5||University of Oxford|
|2||7||University of Cambridge|
|3||8||Imperial College London|
|4||10||UCL (University College London)|
|5||20||University of Edinburgh|
|6||27=||The University of Manchester|
|7||31=||King’s College London (KCL)|
|8||49||London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)|
|9||58||University of Bristol|
|10||62||The University of Warwick|
|11||77||University of Glasgow|
|13||87||University of Birmingham|
|14||90||University of Southampton|
|15||91||University of Leeds|
|16||93||The University of Sheffield|
|17||96||University of St Andrews|
|18||99||The University of Nottingham|
|19||133||Queen Mary University of London (QMUL)|
|21||150=||University of York|
|24||164||University of Exeter|
|25||173=||University of Bath|
|26||181=||University of Liverpool|
|27||205||University of Reading|
|28||207||University of Aberdeen|
|29||209||Queen’s University of Belfast|
|31||242||University of Leicester|
|32||246||University of Sussex|
|33||267||University of Surrey|
|34||300||University of Strathclyde|
|36||308||Royal Holloway University of London|
|37||319||University of Dundee|
|38||333||University of East Anglia (UEA)|
|39||344||Birkbeck College, University of London|
|40||346||SOAS – School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London|
|41||350||City, University of London|
|43||380||University of Kent|
|44||383||Oxford Brookes University|
|45||411||University of Essex|
|46||416||Goldsmiths, University of London|
|48||485||University of Stirling|
These are the top 50 universities in the UK.
Start Your Study Abroad Journey Now.
Recommended Read: Summer Intake in UK
Benefits of Studying Masters in UK
There are several advantages of studying masters in the UK. They include:
- The UK is home to some of the world’s best and globally acclaimed universities including names like the University of Cambridge and the University of Oxford. UK universities are ranked highly in the list of QS top-ranked global universities.
- The UK has some of the world’s best student cities along with a friendly and welcoming community overall.
- The UK offers shorter masters programs of 1 year in comparison to 1.5 to 2-year programs in the USA or Canada.
- There are numerous grants and scholarships available for international aspirants in the United Kingdom as well.
Masters graduates can earn handsome salaries up to £35,000 per year.
Start Your Study Abroad
✓ Save upto 30Lakh ✓ No IELTS required
✓End to end Visa/Application support
✓End to end Visa/Application support