The healthcare sector in the UK is known for its excellent quality. All country residents are offered free medical facilities under the National Health Service (NHS). Further, it has the best healthcare UG and PG programs for international students.
The UK healthcare revenue may reach up to $2,298.00 million in 2023, as per Statista report. So, the industry will create plenty of employment opportunities and pursuing healthcare courses in the UK will enable students to avail these jobs. To help aspirants prepare, this article will explore the details of healthcare courses in the UK for international students.
Table of Contents
Major Specializations for Healthcare Courses in UK
Along with employability, studying in the UK will provide students with excellent exposure. Due to an advanced curriculum, candidates can seek educational and professional opportunities worldwide.
Whether the student is pursuing an MSc in public health in the UK or a healthcare management course in the UK, there are several specialisations on offer –
- Public health
- Ambulance services
- Health studies and medicine
- Clinical medicine
- Medical Technology
- Food and nutrition
- Medical Research
Living and Learning in the Heart of the UK: Experience the Vibrant Student Life!
Top 5 Universities Offering Healthcare Courses in UK
Students need to know the top healthcare institutes, whether they’re applying for a bachelor’s or MSc healthcare management UK degree. Here are the details of the leading UK universities along with approximate fee structures
|University Name||QS Subject Ranking (Medicine)||Fees||Programs of Study|
|University of Oxford||#2||38,670 – 47,410 GBP||Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, Applied Cancer Science MSc, Clinical Medicine DPhil|
|#4||63,990 GBP (For UG)||Standard Course in Medicine (A100), Cambridge Graduate Course in Medicine (CGCM)|
|University College London||#8|
28,500 GBP –
|Applied Medical Sciences BSc, MBBS,|
|Imperial College London||#10|
37,800.00 – 46,650.00 GBP
|MBBS Medicine, BSc Biomedical Technology Ventures, MEd Surgical Education, Master of Public Health|
|King’s College London||#14||23,160 – 31,080 GBP||BSc Global Health & Social Medicine, Global Health and Social Science BA, MSc Clinical Pharmacology|
Eligibility Criteria for UG and PG Courses
To pursue healthcare courses in the UK, students need to fulfill the eligibility criteria of the institute. These rules and entry requirements may differ as per the university. However, students can note some common requirements for undergraduate and graduate eligibility.
- International students must have completed an honours graduate course from a recognised university for undergraduate healthcare courses.
- Two A-level passes are needed for entry. Moreover, a foundation degree in a relevant subject with 55 to 60% marks is acceptable.
- They will also require an IELTS score of at least 6.0 with a 5.5 in every element. Moreover, a TOEFL (iBT) score of 90 and Grade C/4 GCSE English are also applicable.
- For graduate or master’s courses, candidates must complete their undergraduate degree at 2.2 level or more from a reputed institute in a related field. Candidates having prior professional experience will be preferred.
- If a student applies for an MBA healthcare management in the UK or an MSc healthcare management in the UK degree, both school and UG scores are crucial.
The admission process for any undergraduate or graduate healthcare course in the UK depends upon the student’s eligibility. If the student meets the eligibility criteria, they must follow the course application rules to begin the admission process.
Primarily, students have to select their preferred course and university. They must check out the entry requirements, course fees, application fees, application deadlines and required documents. The application process usually begins by filling up an application form with basic details.
Then, students have to submit the relevant documents and the application fees (if any). It’s important to double-check the information entered in the form to prevent any problems later on.
After completing the process successfully, students have to wait for a few weeks. The admission council and associated authorities will communicate with the students if they are shortlisted.
Interested to Study In the UK? Apply for Free Counseling
Be it a healthcare management course in the UK or another program, students have to submit several documents with their application. It is important to keep a soft copy and a hard copy of the following documents –
- High school education certificates
- Undergraduate education certificates
- Identity proof like an Aadhar card or PAN card
- Academic transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- Passport size photographs
- Proof and certificates of professional experience
Exploring the Advantages of Studying in the UK versus India: A Comparative Analysis
The application deadline for all healthcare courses beginning in 2023 was 15th October 2022. Domestic students have an application deadline of 25th January 2023. If the student misses these deadlines, they might be able to apply by 30 June 2023.
Contacting the university authorities and the admission council may benefit the student in understanding more about deadline dates.
The approximate average salary of a healthcare employee in the UK is around 28,180 GBP (28, 11,250.99 INR). Other lucrative job opportunities in this sector are –
- General Practitioner – 72,851 GBP (INR 72, 67,244.22)
- Neurosurgeon – 96,887 GBP (INR 96, 63,571.89)
- Cardiologist – 95,480 GBP (INR 95, 24,597.85)
- Psychiatrist – 66,749 GBP (INR 66, 57,801.20)
Is the UK’s Education System the BEST in the World? Find Out Why Students Are Flocking to Study Here!
How to find a job after a master’s in healthcare management UK or a relevant PG degree?
Most institutes provide placement services to undergraduate and graduate students. However, they can search for jobs on the official online NHS job portal for the latest updates.
Which medical specialities are the most in-demand?
The most in-demand medical specialities for undergraduate and postgraduate students are oncology, radiology, child psychiatry and ophthalmology.