United Kingdom (UK) is home to some of the oldest universities and colleges globally that have their roots in the 12th and 13th centuries. Owing to this factor UK has set a benchmark for other countries in the education sector. There are ample benefits of studying in the UK compared to India. Some prominent reasons to study abroad in the country include its top-notch educational system, leading institutions, abundant career opportunities, and a high standard of living.
What Are the Benefits of Studying in the UK Compared to India?
- Academic Credentials- One of the major benefits of studying in the UK is the country’s academic credentials. UK universities uphold the world’s most stringent academic standards. Leading UK universities have ranked within the top-10 and top-20 lists of almost all major global rankings systems. Big names include the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford, and many more. The UK upholds a utility and practical-based education system over textbook learning, emphasizing analysis, critical thinking, and creativity.
- High-Quality Education- One of the reasons to study in the UK is education quality. The QAA (Quality Assurance Agency) is an independent body in the UK that assesses learning standards at all colleges and universities. Along with regular performance and audit checks and subject reviews, it also helps identify the best possible educational practices. It also dispatches improvisation-linked feedback. Research standards are also closely examined by the funding bodies for UK higher education, which publish findings periodically at regular intervals. This ensures that students access the best possible research, learning, and teaching resources irrespective of their academic disciplines/courses.
- Shorter Course Duration- This is another major reason to study in the UK. You will graduate faster in the UK and without any compromise with the quality of education. While you can finish undergraduate courses in three years, you can complete graduate courses in just a year. While the term undergraduate refers to Bachelor’s degree, postgraduate is used to describe graduate students studying for a second qualification, like master’s, postgraduate certificate, or postgraduate diploma. Masters is for students who want to pursue a particular subject in detail
- Work while studying- You can work part-time in the UK for up to twenty hours each week. You can also work full-time during the semester breaks and holidays. This will help you offset some of your living expenses and get vital professional and industry experience at the same time.
- Travel across Europe- The UK is excellently linked to major countries in Europe, including the Netherlands, France, and Belgium. With easy rail and air links, you can easily travel across major cities and destinations in Europe while studying in the UK.
- Health Advantages- International students in the UK can get free medical treatment facilities via the NHS (National Health Service). You will only pay the nominal HIS (International Health Surcharge).
- Interesting and diverse cultures- The UK is home to diverse and fascinating cultures, particularly in university towns and cities. You will get an opportunity to interact with people from almost all parts of the world. This naturally opens up possibilities of exploring new cultural traditions, festivals, and a variety of cuisines! The UK is home to a fast-growing number of international students, including a sizable contingent from India. As per reports, more than 30,000 Indian students got their Tier-4 visas for 2019, joining the ranks of an estimated 486,645 international students in the UK.
- Work opportunities after graduation- The UK has already implemented a post-study work visa plan. You can live and work in the country for an additional two years after graduating. This visa will grant eligible students the opportunity to work or find work for two years after finishing their education. You will also benefit from finding diverse employment opportunities owing to the UK’s flourishing economy and thousands of businesses in various industries and sectors.
- Globally Acclaimed Degrees- The UK gives you global exposure and aligns you with the European market. Hence, your UK educational degree will have the same international recognition including in major European countries and other parts of the world. This will help you pursue global careers without any hesitation.
- Excellent research framework- The UK houses the world’s best infrastructure and facilities for research and study through its journals, faculty, laboratories, and a tradition of cutting-edge research excellence.
- Pursuing higher education- You can complete your undergraduate degree from the UK while following it with a postgraduate degree from a leading UK university. You can also go on to pursue Ph.D. or other higher educational opportunities.
- Vibrant campuses- The universities and colleges in the UK have vibrant campuses offering an abundance of student societies, activities, clubs, internships, and more. Students can also enjoy extra-curricular activities and sports like cricket, football, mountaineering, rugby, water sports, and more. Learn new languages, dancing, cooking, gaming, and pick up new skills from hundreds of societies and organizations.
- Higher standards of living- The United Kingdom (UK) offers higher living standards, a major reason for students opting to study in the country. You will get better access to high-quality amenities along with better education, lesser air pollution, a stronger economy, and more. The healthcare plan in the UK for students is another plus point. This ensures affordable healthcare access throughout your study duration. The UK also offers all other infrastructure that an international student requires, vibrant student life, and excellent unwinding opportunities after intensive academic pursuits.
You can also get in touch with our study abroad consultant for free consultations.