Choosing the top universities in the UK for masters in construction management is a wise decision, considering the growing popularity of this field of study. Master in the subject will help you find employment with leading companies involved in construction, development, and infrastructure.
The course usually spans 1-2 years while tuition fees may hover between £15,000-27,000 (INR 15-27 lakh approx) per annum. While the initial fees may appear costly, graduates can expect handsome starting salaries in the field as well.
Also Read: Top 15 Universities in UK for MBA
Eligibility Criteria for Top Universities in the UK for Masters in Construction Management
Here are the eligibility criteria for leading universities offering construction management courses in the UK.
- An undergraduate degree in construction engineering, architecture, or civil engineering along with any other related field.
- The minimum GPA should be 7.5 out of a 10-point scale.
- Scores in English language proficiency tests (IELTS/TOEFL).
- The CAS (Confirmation for Acceptance of Studies).
- CV/Resume for those graduating more than three years earlier.
- Professional experience in related fields or directly in construction management.
- Student Visa.
- Passport with suitable validity.
Leading Universities for Construction Management in the UK
Here is a list of the top universities in the UK for masters in construction management:
|Times Higher Education World Rank for 2021||Name of the Institution||Name of the Course|
|51||University of Manchester||M. Sc in Construction Project Management|
|107||University of Birmingham||Advanced Engineering Management and M. Sc in Construction Management|
|200||Queen’s University Belfast||Construction and Project Management- M. Sc degree|
|201-250||University of Reading||M. Sc in Construction Management / M. Sc in Construction Cost Management|
|351-400||Loughborough University||Construction Management M. Sc degree or Construction Project Management M. Sc degree. Other options include the Construction Project Management with Building Information Modelling M. Sc degree|
|351-400||Northumbria University||M. Sc in Construction Project Management with BIM|
|351-400||Heriot-Watt University||M. Sc in Construction Project Management or M. Sc in Civil Engineering & Construction Management|
|401-500||Liverpool John Moores University||M. Sc in Construction Project Management|
|501-600||University of Portsmouth||M. Sc in Construction Project Management or in Building Information Management (BIM)|
Benefits of Studying Masters in Construction Management in the UK
Here are some of the biggest benefits of pursuing masters in construction management in the UK:
- The UK offers some of the most globally acknowledged institutions for construction management along with excellent research and study facilities.
- Demand will grow sizably for construction managers and qualified professionals in the field over the next 5-6 years. There will be a huge demand in the technical, IT, architectural, real estate, and other sectors.
- Handsome starting salaries between £23,000-30,000 (INR 23-30 lakh approx) per year for skilled graduates.
- Basic salaries of experienced construction managers start from £44,000 per annum (INR 44 lakh approx). With further experience and career growth, this may grow to a whopping £124,000 (INR 1.24 crore approx).
- The criteria for admission are less stringent, with just 55-60% marks required for MS courses in the field.
- GRE scores are not needed for international applicants while the two-year stay-back rule helps graduates look for employment in the United Kingdom without any hassles.
You can also get in touch with our study abroad consultant for free consultations.