Master Degree in Data Science
Batch Start Date - 31st May 2022
Key Benefits of the Program
Significant savings of upto INR 20 Lakhs compared to studying full degree in Germany
Eligible for PGWP/Post Study Work/OPT visa application after graduation
Average salary in Germany after completion of the course
Program Structure and Fees
- Master Degree in Data Science
- You need to have a graduation degree from any govt. a recognized institution with a minimum of 50% marks
- 1 year of work experience after the completion of your graduation
- The medium of instruction of Graduation should be in English
- You will need to have taken courses Statistics - Probability and Descriptive Statistics and Introduction to Computer Science in the bachelors degree or demonstrate equivalent knowledge such as through work experience or you need to complete these courses with IU prior to start of your Data Science course.
~ INR 3,50,000
Cost of Living
Mode of Teaching
- Master Degree in Data Science
- The applicant should successfully complete the online course modules.
~ EUR 6,988
Cost of Living
~ EUR 11208
Mode of Teaching
- Get an option of Dual Degree from London South Bank University (QS Ranking 800 -1000)*
- 94% of IU Graduate receive confirmed job offers within 6 months of graduation
- Earn while you learn - Only 12 - 15 hours study time required per week
- Alumni status by IU Germany and London South Bank University
- No IELTS required to study in Germany for upGrad learners
- Study in Europe's most Resilient Economy
- 13 electives options
- WES Recognised
About IU Germany
Established in 1998 and with more than 17 campuses in Germany, IU International University of Applied Sciences (earlier known as IUBH) is an outstanding University in Germany. University prides itself on more than 3500 recruiting partners as well as on the fact that 94% of its graduates have received job offers within 6 months of graduation.With
A growing number of international students prefer to study in Germany and this is quite natural, considering the country’s vibrant culture, low tuition costs and high standards of educat
EUR 54,958 Annually
EUR 55,505 Annually
EUR 55,492 Annually
EUR 55,493 Annually
Machine Learning Engineer
EUR 55,959 Annually
EUR 56,431 Annually
EUR 45,609 Annually
Frequently Asked Questions
About the Program
What is the Master in Data Science with upGrad?
What type of learning experience should I expect?
What is the weekly time commitment expected from me?
Is any certification granted at the end of the program?
Which topics are going to be covered as part of the program?
Is there any deferral or refund policy for this program?
2. Student shall not be eligible for any refund under any circumstances if any such refund requests are raised post Program Start Date and the student will continue to pay the EMI for the loan (if applicable) and such loan cannot be cancelled. This is also applicable for those students who could not complete their payment and could not be enrolled in the Program opted for. However, the student can raise a request for Pre-Program deferral as per the policy defined below for the same.
3. In case of a refund, students will be solely responsible for any cancellation of the loan, including but not limited to applicable loan cancellation charges levied on the total cancelled loan amount.
4. Student must pay the full fee within 7 days of payment of Caution Money or Program Start Date, whichever is earlier, otherwise the admission letter will be rescinded.
5. Request for refund must be sent via e-mail in the prescribed refund request form. The refund will be processed within 30 working days of commencement of the Program after being duly approved by the Academic Committee.
Deferral Policy: (Pre- Signing of IU contract)
1. If a student, due to unavoidable circumstances is unable to commence with the cohort and requests for a deferral before signing the IU contract, we provide the opportunity for the student to defer to another batch.
2. However, the student will be required to pay 50% of the total course fee amount (inclusive of taxes) before the deferral can be approved. Till this is completed, the student will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort.
3. A student can request for deferral only once and to either of the scheduled cohorts to start in the next 1 year from the batch start date of the initial batch the student enrolled for.
4. The student has time till the current cohort launch date to make the payment of the 50% program fee, post which the deferral request will expire. Once the deferral window expires and the student now asks for a refund, The above-mentioned applicable refund policy will apply.
5. The fee applicable to the deferred student will be as per the prevailing fee for the batch student has opted to defer to (No additional deferral fee is required to be paid).
Deferral Policy: (Post Signing of IU contract)
Deferral is not allowed post-signing of IU contract.
Further, post program commencement, you shall not be eligible to change the program and/or pause the Program.
Which banks allow using 0% Credit card EMI or Credit card EMI?
Will I have to pay any extra amount for the EMI transaction?
Are there any fees or down payment?
Can I use my International credit card for 0% credit EMI or Credit Card EMI?
Are there any charges in case I opt for cancellation/refund from the course after paying balance with no cost EMI?
How can I opt for Credit card EMI if my bank is not listed in the 0% Credit card EMI or Credit card EMI?
Can you give more details on IU Germany?
Why should I study in IU Germany?
When can I start studying?
We guarantee IU online students maximum flexibility, so you can choose your own starting date in your application. On that day, we will send you the access data you need to begin.
We have multiple intakes per year, you can apply at any time. However, our on-campus programs have fixed starting times. See the course pages for more.
What are the job opportunities in Germany?
What are the part-time working rules in Germany?
What are the living costs per year in Germany?
What are the post-study work visa rules in Germany?
What is the time commitment expected for the program?
How will my doubts/questions be addressed in an online program?
What is the assessment structure at IU, Germany?
- Which is described in the study and examination regulations of the study course. They cannot be offset by achievements in other subjects. The total credit points of the study course are determined by the curriculum overview.
- A credit point corresponds to a credit point in accordance with the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) and is associated with a workload of 30 hours.
upGrad does not grant credit; credits are granted, accepted or transferred at the sole discretion of an educational institution. upGrad does not make any representations regarding the recognition or equivalence of the credits or credentials awarded, unless otherwise expressly stated.