Looking for the top universities in the UK for masters in data science? The United Kingdom is a global educational and employment hub for this field. There are 200+ courses in data science available for aspirants across numerous institutions. The data industry is one of the fastest-growing business sectors worldwide, with the UK being no exception.
Demand is exponentially increasing for those well-versed with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning in the country as well. Median salaries for data science-related jobs have also gone up to £65,000 (approx INR 65 lakh) as per reports. Some of the biggest recruiters in the country include Capgemini, Amazon, Cisco, Apple, and Cognizant to name only a few.
Eligibility Criteria for Universities in the UK for Masters in Data Science
Here are the eligibility criteria for the best universities in the UK for masters in data science:
- Undergraduate course in computer science or a related field with requisite marks as stipulated by the institution.
- Proof of English language proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL scores).
- Professional experience if required by the admissions authorities.
- Personal statement and references.
Best Universities in the UK for Masters in Data Science
Here is a list of the foremost universities in the UK for masters in data science:
|2021 QS Ranking||Name of the Institution||Name of the Course|
|4||University of Oxford||M. Sc in Social Data Science, M. Sc + D. Phil in Social Data Science|
|10||Imperial College, London||M. Sc in Statistics (Data Science) and M. Sc in Health Data Analytics and Machine Learning|
|30||University of Edinburgh||M. Sc in Data Science|
|36||King’s College London||M. Sc in Data Science and MA in Big Data in Culture & Society|
|44||London School of Economics and Political Science||M. Sc in Data Science / M. Sc in Applied Social Data Science|
|55||University of Manchester||M. Sc in Data Science (Social Analytics)|
|77||University of Warwick||M. Sc in Data Analytics|
|87||University of Bristol||M. Sc in Data Science|
|117||University of Sheffield||M. Sc in Data Science|
|155||University of Leeds||M. Sc in Data Science and Analytics|
Benefits of Studying Masters in Data Science in the UK
There are several benefits of pursuing masters in data science in the UK:
- Most people earn up to £183,000 (INR 1.83 crore approx) in the UK with experience and relevant skill-sets.
- The UK offers thriving careers in data science, especially across leading IT companies and also in the financial services sector, with leading recruiters like Deloitte, Barclays, Citigroup, and JP Morgan among others.
- Manufacturing companies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, public sector organisations, and retailers like Tesco and Amazon also hire data science specialists in large numbers.
- Demand will rise considerably for data scientists in the UK over the next few years, having already grown sizably in recent times.
- The UK is home to numerous globally acclaimed institutions for data science courses, enabling superior practical and theoretical knowledge for aspirants.
You can also get in touch with our study abroad consultant for free consultations.