How to Prepare for IELTS in One Month: Tips & TricksUpdated on 13 September, 2022
Study Abroad Expert
Study Abroad Expert
How to prepare for IELTS in one month? Is that even possible? Well, while there is no limit to preparation or study, it is always possible, provided you are determined enough to maximize your time and absorb the basics faster.
● First, understand the test format consider the content of the test, the sections, and timings for every section. Also, consider the score bands for each section.
● If you already have a high proficiency in the English language (band 6-6.5), you only have to pick some techniques and implement them in practice examinations to reach band 7-7.5.
● You can get access to IELTS practice tests online through various credible sources.
● Focus on the skills (out of writing, reading, speaking, and listening) that you are weak in and try and brush it.
● Learn a minimum of ten new words and English collocations for common topics in IELTS such as education, economy, health, crime, energy, traffic, home, people, and environment.
● Maintain a practice schedule of four hours each day (one hour for every section). Emphasize harder sections and practice them rigorously.
● Read given passages and try and comprehend them swiftly. Give more time to writing, take more topics from earlier test papers, and practice expressing your thoughts concisely.
● Practice grammar and sentence structuring.
● Improve your speaking and listening skills by watching English movies and television shows.
● You can enroll in online training and practice.
● Jot down new words in your notepad and write down their definitions. You can also use them for framing sentences or putting them in context. This will help you improve your vocabulary.
● Keep using new words. You can always use online audio dictionaries for learning pronunciation.
● Create links with other words and images.
● Get people at home to test you on vocabulary.
● Scheduling preparation suitably will get you through the IELTS examination successfully.
● Make a priority list that should be highly specific. For example, one day could be devoted to learning a technique for the second part of the Speaking test, listening to a podcast, reading four newspaper articles every day, practicing test sessions, etc.
● Create your study calendar and fill out what you will cover as part of your study routines.
● Keep ticking off the tasks you complete each day as and when you finish them.
● Do not skip anything. If you miss it, come back to it later.
Important Resources to Read About IELTS Exam:
Get to know about the latest updates on the IELTS Exam, Eligibility, Preparation Tips, Test procedure, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Registration Process, Important Exam Dates, and much more!! This guide is a one-stop solution for every IELTS Aspirant who aims to crack the exam with an impressive band score.
● Maintain an English study schedule of six hours (minimum) each day. You will have to keep listening, speaking, reading, and writing each day.
● You should get subscriptions to popular global magazines, including those for economics, politics, finance, business, current affairs, and more. You can also find several sites for acing your speaking and reading tests along with multiple YouTube channels.
● Learn more about the various kinds of questions and how you should approach them. IELTS patterns are not unpredictable. For instance, suppose you are venturing into Academic Writing Task 1. You will have to learn how to create a 150-word summary as a response to a specific graph which could also be a chart or table.
● Try and get a hold of good books for IELTS exam preparation.
Read More About IELTS Exam:
CHAT WITH US 1