New Zealand offers abundant opportunities to graduates with a globally recognized BBA program. Home to 8 globally ranked universities and holding a world rank of 7 for its education system, New Zealand is the epitome of educational excellence.
New Zealand education prepares students for better career prospects. BBA in New Zealand provides you with personalized learning and academic excellence. A BBA program is a three-year full-time program with live projects, internships, and excellent scholastic scope. A BBA degree from New Zealand universities is highly sought after by global employers. Here are the main reasons why you should study BBA in New Zealand.
Why Study BBA in New Zealand?
- New Zealand is a land of research and development opportunities, giving ample opportunities to management students to participate in live projects during their BBA curriculum.
- The course duration for a BBA program in New Zealand is three years. After completing the course, the students are eligible for a post-graduation work permit.
- Universities in New Zealand offer a wide range of management specializations. International students can opt for various specializations like data management, finance, human resource, information technology, supply chain management, data analytics, international business, and operations. All the top and popular specializations that offer lucrative career opportunities are available in BBA colleges in New Zealand.
- The country is known for its great scope of scholarship and funding grants to deserving international students. Meritorious students can completely get their course fees waived with the help of good academics and excellent scores in entrance exams. Full funding and partial funding scholarship opportunities are available in universities and offered by the government of New Zealand.
- According to the QS World University rankings 2021, 8 academic institutions from New Zealand have been recognized for excellent BBA curriculum and programs.
- Getting a BBA degree from a New Zealand university is much more affordable in comparison to other recognized study abroad destinations.
- New Zealand is a safe country with a low crime rate.
- It is a culturally rich and diversified country. International students from all around the globe are welcomed into the rich culture of New Zealand wholeheartedly.
- The job market in New Zealand is very promising for BBA graduates. New Zealand is home to some of the globally ranked multinationals and conglomerates. Management students get abundant employment opportunities after the completion of their management degrees.
- Scope for permanent residency is available to international students with a job offer in hand. After completion of the BBA program, students can apply for permanent residence by proving their intent to settle down in the country with a permanent job offer.
- The popular student card available in New Zealand helps international students get easy and discounted access to public amenities, reducing the cost of living.
Top Universities in New Zealand for BBA
Some of the top universities in New Zealand for BBA are as follows:
- AUT University
- University of Waikato
- Massey University
- University of Auckland
- University of Otago Business School
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Auckland University of Technology
Here is a detailed list of the top universities in New Zealand for BBA along with their course offered and tuition fees.
Cost of Studying BBA in New Zealand
The curriculum fee is affordable in comparison to other popular abroad destinations. The course fee ranges between INR 7 lakh to 26 lakh per year. Public universities are inexpensive in contrast to privately-owned education institutions. The cost of living in New Zealand during a 3-year BBA course is around INR 1,50,000-1,75,000 monthly. Living costs in New Zealand are high, but students can manage their daily expenses with the help of a student card.
Eligibility Criteria for BBA in New Zealand
● A full-time study of 12 years. The aspirant must have completed their 10+2 without any study gaps from a recognized education board. Students from any stream or specialization can opt for a BBA program in New Zealand.
● New Zealand universities demand English language proficiency test scores from international students. Students need to take either IELTS or TOEFL as these two English language tests are widely accepted. The minimum IELTS score requirement is 6 and TOEFL 85-90. The English language proficiency scorecard is an important document to be submitted during the application.
● Letter of Recommendation (LOR) is an admission prerequisite. Minimum 2-3 LOR is essential for students to submit at the time of application. The letter of recommendation should be from past employers or educational faculty members.
● Statement of purpose is an important document that decides the eligibility for admission to the university. An SOP is a unique and formal document that states the goals, achievements, objectives, and reasons behind choosing New Zealand, a particular university, and why BBA program. The better the SOP, the more the chances of getting an admission approval.
● Documentation is an important part of the eligibility criteria for admission to a BBA degree. Students need to have original copies of their academic records, photographs, statement of purpose, letter of recommendation, financial proofs, certificate, work experience, and valid visa.
|Popular BBA Courses|
|BBA in Canada||BBA in Australia at Torrens University|
|BBA in Australia||BBA in Australia at University of Canberra|
How to Apply for a BBA in New Zealand?
New Zealand universities grant admission to international students in two intakes – July and February. The application process of universities is completely digital. Every university has its application process. It is recommended that students visit the official website of the respective university to get complete information regarding the application process and application deadlines. Students need to adhere to the application deadlines strictly. Apply for at least two to three universities because the competition for BBA admissions is very competitive. Here are some of the steps by which you can apply for a BBA program in New Zealand universities –
● Research the best universities in New Zealand for a BBA program. After researching and comparing, choose the right university. Apply for at least two to three universities.
● Find the best BBA specialization or program according to the scope, opportunities, and area of interest.
● Visit the official website of the respective university and apply online. Fill up the application form online and upload all the required documents. Submit the records along with the duly filled application form.
● Pay the university application fee through the accepted mode of payment.
● Keep the application fee acknowledgment slip.
● Wait for the admission results.
Scholarship in New Zealand
● New Zealand Excellence Awards (NZEA) – The awards give 35 Indian students the opportunity to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate study in New Zealand in the fields of business, fashion, and STEM-related programs.
● SEG Scholarship – Scholarships are for tuition fee waivers for international students and are restricted to a specialist course of study.
● Palmerston North City Mayor’s Goodwill Ambassador Scholarship– The grant is used to promote Palmerston North as a venue of study for international students. All foreign students can apply.
● New Zealand International Tertiary Scholarships – The New Zealand Government offers full tertiary scholarships for eligible international students to study full-time in the country.
Job Opportunities after BBA in New Zealand
● Office Manager: INR 1955987 – INR 3059364
● Marketing Manager: INR 2908904 – INR 5817808
● Human Resources (HR) Administrator: INR 2106447 – INR 2858750
● Financial Advisor: INR 1554759 – INR 225690
● Investment banker: INR 3410439 – INR 5817808
● Accountant: INR 1404298 – INR 2307062
● Sales manager: INR 1905833 – INR 2307062
● HR Manager: INR 2908904 – INR 3811667
A BBA program from New Zealand holds prestige and global value. New Zealand is one of the most preferred destinations for high school graduates to complete their BBA program. To enroll for the top universities in New Zealand for BBA, get in touch with the experts from upGrad Abroad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which BBA is most in-demand in New Zealand?
BBA specializations such as HR, Finance, Marketing, International Business, Hospitality, Information Systems, Hospital & Healthcare, Retail, Supply Chain, are most in demand. Students from a finance or marketing background have lucrative career opportunities with global brands like PWC, Xero Technology, Beca Engineering Consulting, Gallagher Group Technology, Chapman Tripp, Accenture, and Microsoft.
Which is the best place to study BBA in New Zealand?
New Zealand is home to some of the prestigious colleges and universities for BBA programs. Some of the established and well-known educational institutions are AUT University, University of Waikato, Massey University, University of Auckland, University of Otago Business School, Victoria University of Wellington Victoria, and Auckland University of Technology. Getting a BBA degree from these universities holds global value.
Is New Zealand expensive for Indian students?
Indian students prefer New Zealand for its affordable fee structure in BBA. However, the cost of living in New Zealand is high. There are scholarship opportunities that can waive off the fees for meritorious students. To manage the living cost, students can use the student card for discounted costs and expenses.
Start Your Study Abroad
✓ Save upto 30Lakh ✓ No IELTS required
✓End to end Visa/Application support
✓End to end Visa/Application support