Australia is a popular hub of education for international students. The country has many top-ranked global universities that offer a variety of degrees and academic experiences. Studying in Australia for Indian students has always been a dream. The education system there has advanced technologies and a practical learning system. It helps students learn in industry-relevant ways and build an impressive career after completing their studies. Unsurprisingly, Australia has seen double-digit growth in the number of international students in recent years, becoming the second most popular destination for study only after the US.
Australia is admired in the academic circles for its world-class infrastructure and industrially relevant education. It readies learners for future career opportunities.
But Australia has high living standards. This makes it difficult for students to manage their expenses related to accommodation, food, transport, health, etc. To solve this problem, upGrad Abroad has introduced unique and affordable learning programs which allow students to study online for the first year and then transfer to the campus in Australia for the next years. Learners get the dual benefit – on-campus studies at top universities, at affordable prices.
Some of the top reasons why to study in Australia
1) Best-in-class education system: The universities in Australia are equipped with state-of-the-art technologies. This makes students future-ready and enables them for professional challenges. It also helps them succeed in the global race. Australian educators have re-engineered their approach to teaching to inspire the thought process of students and to help them excel in their fields. Your experience of studying at Australian universities will make you an attractive employee to companies at home and all over the world.
2) Multiple study streams: Australian universities offer world-class education in multiple fields including arts & humanities, engineering & technology, clinical, pre-clinical & health, life sciences, physical sciences, social sciences, and a lot more. By excelling in these areas, Australia has been a top contributor to global research. This makes the country’s education system an excellent choice for international students.
3) Strong international alumni network: Over the years, more than 2.5 million students have graduated from Australian universities. This has built a strong alumni network spread out all over the world.
4) Achieve great heights in career: Australian universities are recognized globally and studying there is a great way to boost career prospects. Among many other benefits, they have premium training facilities and lecturers who have decades of experience in their fields.
Requirements to study in Australia after graduation
The eligibility may vary depending upon their education or VET (vocational education and training).
Here are some of the important requirements to study in Australia for Indian students after 12th, graduation, and for higher studies.
Note: If the academic documents are not in English, students need to translate them into English and carry them along with original certificates.
Like in India, most Australian universities consider the three-year graduation format (B.A., B.Com. and B.Sc.) for admission in postgraduate courses. Some colleges/universities may require an honours degree or 4-year graduation degree. Students need to submit their documents accordingly.
English proficiency test requirements
Some universities consider scores of IELTS, TOEFL, CAE, PTE, and other English language tests to check capabilities to understand the course. Students need to meet English test requirements to get a visa.
The student visa depends upon the course of choice. They need to meet requirements like:
1) Health and fitness requirements
2) Proof of Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
3) Scores of English language proficiency test
4) Fulfilling the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
5) Proof of receipts like course fees, air-fares, and living costs
6) Certificate of electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE)
Important Resources to Read About Australia:
|Australia Post-Study Work Visa||Why Study in Australia?||IELTS Score for Australia|
|491 Visa Australia||MBA fees in Australia||Education System in Australia|
|Job Opportunities in Australia||Part time Jobs in Australia||Top Cities in Australia|
Costs related to study in Australia
Students should understand that tuition fees in Australia vary depending on the degree, level of studies, and university. Tuition fees may vary from 20,000 – 45,000 AUD/year (Rs 11 – 25 lakh) for bachelor’s degrees and 22,000 – 50,000 AUD/year (Rs 12 – 28 lakh) for master’s and Ph.D. degrees.
Similarly, living costs in Australia also vary according to locations, accommodation type, food, and other social activities. Students also need to spend on transportation, study material, health insurance, etc. Keep this in mind then when you were applying for a student visa. You will need to prove that you have sufficient financial resources to study in Australia.
There are plenty of reasons to study in Australia like diverse culture, great career opportunities, top universities, practical learning, and more. Unfortunately, the biggest drawback is high costs. Many students drop the idea of studying in Australian universities because they cannot afford the high costs.
Considering the current pandemic situation and the high living & tuition costs, upGrad abroad is helping learners fulfill their wish to study in Australia without IELTS or any other English language tests. We at upGrad are offering excellent online courses from top Australian universities at affordable rates. In short, a pocket-friendly gateway to international learning!
Read More: How to settle in Australia from India?
Why choose upGrad Abroad?
With a commitment to providing quality education at affordable prices, upGrad has launched study abroad programs. These programs enable students to study one year online from home and then on-campus for the following years. With this, learners can save a lot on living costs or other additional expenses. Our programs cost around 1/10th of the regular on-campus studies and learners can save up to 80% of their tuition fees. We have partnered with excellent Australian institutions like James cook University, the University of Tasmania, and the University of Canberra, to provide high-quality education at very low prices. We will also help you in preparing for the visa application, choosing the right university, and more.
Some of the best courses to study in Australia offered by upGrad Abroad:
Benefits of studying virtually with upGrad Abroad
1) The flexibility of our online programs allows students to follow their lessons at their own pace, according to their schedule. They can also watch their video lessons at any time of the day while managing their jobs and work. With this, students learn at their own pace, mastering their program before moving on to the next phases.
2) The virtual programs let you manage your time and complete the assignments without worrying about missing or skipping classes. We help our students manage their time effectively. We urge students to follow a schedule for attending regular lectures and meeting assignment deadlines. This helps in the proper utilization of course time.
3) You can also clear your doubts by virtually interacting with some of the best mentors in the world, that too, from the comfort of your home.
More Resources to Read About Australia:
Study in Australia – FAQs
Q1. How to study in Australia for free or at a low cost?
With upGrad Abroad, you can avail courses from some of the best Australian universities from your home. Our specially designed programs eliminate the costs of travel, accommodation, study material, etc., for the first year. We will help you transfer to the campus for the later years of the course. This way, you can get a globally recognized degree at a minimal cost. International students can also get a scholarship or engage in part-time jobs to reduce costs. There are fully paid scholarships available in Australia through which students can study for free.
Q2. What are your reasons for choosing to study in Australia rather than in your home country?
Deciding to study abroad is a big move. However, there are many reasons for which students want to study abroad, especially, in Australia. The International University of Australia offers a lot of choices when it comes to choosing the right course. There are other perks as well. After graduating from an Australian university, students can easily enter the world of global work opportunities.
Q3. How much study gap is acceptable in Australia?
Australian universities accept a study gap of one year. However, the universities will ask for the proper reason for the gap and students should be able to justify it. Some universities also accept a gap of up to 5 years but applicants have to furnish valid reasons and proof, like work experience, studies, etc. Work experience is also preferred sometimes.