While pursuing a masters degree in Australia, every student wants to experience the enriching, inspiring, and unmatched experience over there. For this, students often want to know about the eligibility criteria for pursuing masters degree in Australia. They would like to know the best Australian universities offering masters degree and job openings following the post-graduation program.
Masters is a post graduation degree that is pursued after completing graduation in order to enhance one’s skills in a specific scientific genre. This degree provides comprehensive research and study on a particular subject of choice and these include molecular science, agriculture and environment, biological science, human science, psychological science, and others.
This article will give you an overview of everything related to masters degree in Australia.
Benefits of doing Masters in Australia
Australia is one of those countries that offer the best career opportunities for students. It is home to some of the best universities in the world. Quality education, varied career opportunities, options to work and study simultaneously are some of the factors that make Australia a go to destination for students. But there are certain questions students want to know ahead of pursuing masters degree in Australia. For example; if Australia is student friendly or is the masters degree in Australia globally acknowledged for its quality of research, feasibility, and training?
Australian universities are known for offering quality education based on in-depth research and practical training programs. However, there are some points that a student should know before pursuing masters degree in Australian universities:
1) An Australian degree; especially, Masters will showcase your profile to future employers and makes you career ready.
2) Studying Masters from Australian universities offer research opportunities and a handsome starting salary
3) You will develop leadership skills during the course that makes you confident for future career opportunities.
Many students drop the idea of studying in Australian universities because they can not afford high tuition fees along with other expenses. The consistent rise in the value of Australian currency is making fees and other expenses unaffordable for students. To address such issues, upGradAbroad has launched masters programs that will help interested students pursue the degree at the best Australian universities by saving on tuition fees.
Advantages of studying at Australian universities with upGrad
1) UpGrad Abroad has tied up with the best Australian universities that have a record of academic perfection. Joining our courses will help you save up to 80% of your fees and other expenses that come with living in Australia and pursuing the course full-time. Thus, you get the degree from globally recognized universities and exposure to Australian universities, as well as interact with other international students.
2) UpGrad Abroad courses are designed by using the latest methods that help the students to pursue the first-year online and 2nd-year on-campus. For the first year, you can save a lot of money by studying online from the comfort of your home and for the second year we will help you in your entire visa application process and other aspects until you finally move to Australia. Thus, you can take advantage of online and on-campus studies. In the final year of your studies, you can enjoy the life of Australia while preparing yourself for future opportunities.
3) Our faculty is highly experienced, and they use practical and research approaches in their teaching. In the second year of studies, when you will study directly on the campus of Australian universities, you have access to scientific research on various topics. Australian beaches have the unparallel potential for scientific research to make a profit from it and do new research and discoveries.
4) With upGrad Abroad you connect with a trusted brand and get an Australian masters degree from globally recognized universities.
Deciding which university is right for you?
While deciding about the right university, you should check for
1) Ranking of the university
2) International accreditations of the university
3) Teaching faculty
4) Placement opportunities
5) Scope of research
More Resources for Australia:
|Study in Australia||Why Study in Australia?||IELTS Score for Australia|
|491 Visa Australia||MBA fees in Australia||Education System in Australia|
|Job Opportunities in Australia||Part-time Jobs in Australia||Top Cities in Australia|
Eligibility criteria for pursuing Masters in Australia
We suggest you check your entry requirements before applying to any university. The most common requirements include:
1) Having a certified acknowledged graduation degree or having a strong educational background
2) Having a satisfactory score in English proficiency tests
3) Having a good GMAT score is a must
If you have any concerns about selection, eligibility, or the best universities to choose, you can get in touch with us for the right academic advice.
Visa requirement for doing Masters in Australia
Australian visa is available for candidates who want to study full-time. A work visa is necessary for students who want to stay and work in Australia after completing their studies. Please note, Australian visa is not available for students who were doing part-time studies. For students who want to do postgraduate need a student visa (subclass 500), that allows them to live and study in Australia until the completion of the program. However, before applying for the visa, you need to have proof of response sent by an Australian university.
How to apply for Masters in Australia?
Choosing the right the university could be stressful, so we are here to guide you in the step by step process:
Selecting the right course
1) Firstly, you need to know about your area of interest in order to go ahead with the Masters degree. Thorough research should be done on the subject of your interest, admission criteria, deadline of application, and potential career path after completion of the course. You can then directly apply to any university after submitting your documents like passport details, documents of health insurance, CV, copies of academic certificates, and others.
2) In the next step, you need to collect all your relevant documents, check your financial resources, and then finally submit your application.
3) Once the application is accepted by the university you will receive an acknowledgment from their side. In the final steps, you can accept the offer, pay the fees, and apply for the visa process.
The requirement of health insurance
While studying Masters in Australia, you need to have valid health insurance coverage (Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)). Medical insurance fees vary; however, a minimum amount is set by the Australian Department of Health that needs to be paid by every applicant.
Read More: How to settle in Australia from India?
If you want to enquire more about the cost of pursuing masters in Australia, then you can check our other guides to study in Australia. If you are ready to start your new adventure and want to study in a striking edge environment with the best experts, then upGradAbroad is the right guide for you. In this current COVID-19 pandemic scenario, there are some changes in Australian guidelines but you need not worry as we are here to guide you in every step until you finally move to your university.
Feel free to leave your comments below, our education experts will try their best to answer your query.