The Australian visa subclass 491 is a specific regional and skilled work visa that is provisionally granted to skilled professionals/workers for higher education, work/employment and living in appointed zones of Australia along with their families. The visa has validity for 5 years and applicants should be sponsored by any eligible family member who is an Australian permanent resident or nominated via the State.
Costs for the subclass 491 visa vary, depending upon the applicant type. The approximate cost is AUD 4045 or approximately INR 2.20 lakh for primary applicants. For dependents who are 18 years and older, the fees are AUD 2025 (approximately INR 1.10 lakh) and the charges are lower at AUD 1010 (approximately INR 55,000) for those below 18 years of age. AUD 60 (approximately INR 3,300) and AUD 350 (approximately INR 19,000) are the charges for biometrics and medical tests for each dependent/applicant. Police clearance certificate costs are hard to estimate and may differ across applicants. Total processing time can vary, depending upon various factors.
Read More About: Australian Visa Subclass 190
Benefits of Subclass 491 Visa
Below are the benefits of the skilled work regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491).
1. You may stay for up to 5 years with this Australian visa subclass 491.
2. You may apply for a permanent residence visa after 3 years (Subclass 191 Permanent Residence-Skilled Regional)
3. State nomination gives 15 extra points for visa qualification under the points test of the Department of Home Affairs.
4. South Australia gives a pathway for nomination for this visa, subject to meeting State guidelines.
Read More About: Australian Visa Subclass 189
Subclass 491 Visa Requirements
Here are the key requirements for obtaining the subclass 491 visa in Australia:
1. Nomination from any relative or territory.
2. Submission of EOI (Expression of Interest).
3. Good character and health.
4. Competency in English language.
5. Should have email response and nomination invitation for EOI submission.
6. Should get 65 points at least.
The points system is given below for your perusal-
1. 30 points for age
2. 15 points for education
3. 15 points (within Australia) and 20 points (outside the country) for work experience
4. 20 points for English proficiency based upon IELTS
5. 15 points are given to those with any provincial/State Government sponsorship/nomination or from permanently residing family members.
6. 10 points are given for qualifications in particular engineering, science, technology and mathematics fields.
7. 10 points are given if the partner successfully completes tests of language proficiency and skills.
8. 5 points are given for language proficiency of the partner.
Single applicants or those with highly skilled partners get the priority. Those with partners who are skilled but lack English competence come next. Those with partners who have no language proficiency or skills will be last priorities for the authorities.
Important Resources for Australia:
|Study in Australia||Why Study in Australia?||IELTS Score for Australia|
|Australia Post-Study Work Visa||MBA fees in Australia||Education System in Australia|
|Job Opportunities in Australia||Part time Jobs in Australia||Top Cities in Australia|
Major Documents Needed for EOI-
1. Police Clearance
3. Marriage Certificate
4. Report of Language Competency
Those in the 18-25 bracket should submit the following:
2. Financial Dependency Evidence
3. Birth Certificate
4. Papers of Adoption if required
Those above 23 but dependents should provide the above along with medical reports addressing their condition if applicable. Documents linked to EOI claims include the following:
1. Regional Australian study
2. Assessment of Skills
3. Employment in Australia
6. Assessment of Language
7. Skills and Language Assessment of Partner
Those with sponsors should furnish these documents:
1. Proof of age
2. Sponsor’s declaration
3. Proof of permanent residency
4. Eligible relative proof
More Resources to Read:
How to Apply for Australian Visa Subclass 491
The Australian visa subclass 491 application involves numerous steps including the following:
1. Check the list of Skilled Occupations and whether your own occupation is there in this tally.
2. Get your skills assessed by the relevant authority.
3. Check the points system since you need a score of at least 65 points.
4. Write your EOI to the Australian Department of Home Affairs via SkillSelect. The latter will analyze your points and thereafter invite you to apply.
5. The Home Affairs department will ask for the application after acceptance of the EOI. You will have to provide all documents within a period of 60 days.
6. Submit after applying through ImmiAccount and pay the applicable charges within this period.
7. After submission of your application, find the email with ImmiAccount login for tracking status.
8. Biometric scans and medical examinations are vital for each applicant so keep this point in mind.
9. After visa approval, an email will arrive with the grant number, starting date, terms and conditions, etc.
The skilled work regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491) has numerous benefits, and you should follow the above-mentioned application procedure carefully.