If you plan to pursue a high-paying and glamorous international career, then a hotel management course can be an option. Moreover, a hotel management course in Singapore is one of the best options as the country is one big cosmopolitan and the practical training provided by the institutes here is valuable for the students. If you are someone who has a knack for communication and hospitality, then hotel management is the perfect career option for you.
With the hospitality and tourism industries rapidly growing their businesses in today’s market, hotel management has no dearth of opportunities.
Why Study Hotel Management in Singapore
Singapore is known for its luxury and lifestyle. It is also a favored educational and tourism hub in South Asia. Here are some reasons for many students choosing to study hotel management in Singapore. Some of the reasons are –
- Singapore is a frequently visited place by travellers, so the hospitality industry has always been strong and ever-growing.
- Singapore is home to many industrial grand hotels, owing to that, hotel managers have a great prospect before them.
- The educational institutions offer multidisciplinary courses to help the students work in international markets.
- The quality of the teaching and training is also exceptional.
Best Hotel Management Courses in Singapore
Hotel management is a course that requires hospitality and communication skills as these are the business basics for managers. A hotel management course in Singapore for international students has many advantages. The degrees one can go for are-
This is the gateway towards carving out a rewarding career in hospitality or hotel management. The entry requirements include completing your Class XII with a minimum score of 60-70% depending on the institution, scores in standardized tests and English language proficiency tests along with LORs, SOP, and more.
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- Bachelor in Hotel Management and Catering Technology
- BSc in Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- BA in Hotel Management
- BBA in Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- BBA in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Science in International Hospitality Management
These are good options for building your expertise and specialization in hospitality and hotel management. Eligibility criteria include GMAT/GRE scores, English language proficiency scores, undergraduate degree, minimum CGPA, and minimum 2-3 years of professional experience.
- Master of Hotel, Tourism and Event Management
- Master of International Hotel Management
- MSc in International Tourism Management
- MSc in Strategic Hotel Management
- MA in Hotel Business Management
- Master of Science in International Hospitality and Tourism Management
These diploma programs are ideal for those looking to earn a specialized degree that offers knowledge of various techniques and skills for a rewarding career ahead. Those looking for increased salaries and better job prospects will find these courses interesting.
- Diploma in International Hospitality Management
- Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Hotel Management
Hotel Management Course fee in Singapore
The hotel management courses in Singapore are affordable for Indian students. Although the fee differs as per the college and course, the average estimation would look like the following –
- For a bachelor’s course in hotel management and hospitality, the fee is approx. INR 10 lakh per annum.
- For Diploma courses, it may be around INR 6 lakh.
- For Postgraduate Diploma Courses around INR 9 lakh.
- For Master courses, it will be almost INR 10 lakh.
Top Hotel Management Colleges in Singapore
The colleges and universities in Singapore offer academic excellence with a well-developed infrastructure and practical research scope. They provide exceptional quality teaching and training to the students. Some of the best-known colleges and universities in Singapore are –
- James Cook University – offers Bachelor of Business (Hospitality and Tourism Management)
- Nanyang Technological University – Ranked 27th globally by QS, it offers BSc in Hospitality and Leadership Management, Diploma in Hospitality Management, Diploma in Hotel Management, and Bachelor of Hospitality Management
- PSB Academy – offers BA in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Amity Global Institute – offers BA in Tourism Management
- Queen Margaret University – offers BA in International Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Kaplan Higher Education Academy – offers Bachelor of Business in Hospitality and Tourism Management and Marketing
- The University of Nevada, Singapore – offers BSc in Hospitality Management
- EHL Campus – offers BSc in International Hospitality Management
- Anglo Chinese International School – offers Diploma in Hospitality Management and Diploma in Hotel Management
- Management Development Institute of Singapore – offers Diploma in Hospitality Management and Diploma in Hotel Management
- SDH Institute – offers MBA in International Hotel Management, Bachelor’s Degree in International Hotel Management, Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management, & Diploma in Hospitality Operations
These are only some of the best hospitality institutes with an international reputation and recognition.
Scope of Hotel Management Courses in Singapore
Many career doors will open for you if you graduate from a reputed Singapore institute. Even if you’re a foreign student you have an equal chance to get certified and bag handsomely paid jobs in Singapore or any other country. The job opportunities that a hotel management graduate can apply for include-
- Hotel manager
- Hotel general manager
- Hospitality executive
- Hospitality manager
- Catering sales manager
- Housekeeping supervisor
- Housekeeping manager
- Strategic Partnership Manager
- Hotel Receptionist
- Guest service associate
- Customer service team learner
In addition to these, there are also some other posts for hotel management graduates that may be considered. Hotel management is a huge enterprise that can provide you with high-paying job placement.
- Hotel Management Course in Singapore
- Ph.D. in Singapore: Universities, Fees & Scholarships
- MBA in Finance in Singapore
Frequently Asked Questions
Which courses are best for Hotel Management?
The best courses lead you to more lucrative areas of business and marketing. Some of the best of the courses are – BA in Hospitality and Tourism Management, Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management, Postgraduate Diploma in International Hospitality and Tourism
Management, MSc in International Management and Leadership with Hospitality,
Master of Tourism, Hotel, and Event Management etc.
What is the salary of hotel management students?
Hotel management students are paid competitive salaries both in India and abroad especially by luxury hotels. In Singapore, qualified students can bag an annual package of around INR 55,92,876 or more. The amount may vary as per companies and enterprises. The total sum
may also differ in terms of the experience of the hotel manager. For example, a
well-experienced hotel manager can expect S$149k to S$165k (approx. INR 81.95-90 lakh) per annum.
What is the highest post in hotel management?
Hotel management courses make one eligible to apply for various posts in multinational corporations and small businesses. There are several positions in hotels. These are high salary posts such as Hotel Manager, Restaurant Manager, Kitchen Manager, Head Chef, Front Desk Helper, Housekeeping Manager, Sales Manager, and Marketing Manager, Accounting Manager, etc. All of these are the top posts in each department. For example, the Head Chef is the highest post from the kitchen department and the Chief Executive Hotel manager is the highest post from the management department. Besides these, there are some other important posts which are mentioned above.
What qualifications do you need for hotel management?
For a bachelor’s level course or a diploma course, one needs to have completed 10 +2 education from a recognised board. For master’s and PGDM, aspirants need to be undergraduates in any stream. Some government institutions arrange an entrance test to select candidates for admission. In addition to the entrance test, they also conduct interviews to assess one’s communication and presentation skills.
✓End to end Visa/Application support