Singapore is known as a paradise of education. The country has many prestigious universities, various courses to choose from, and a globally recognized degree that helps students build their outstanding careers. Due to its vibrant and dynamic lifestyle, Singapore is becoming a magnet for students worldwide.
Students can choose from non-medical and medical master’s courses in Singapore. The nation is also home to numerous global universities and private educational players. Postgraduate courses in Singapore are called graduate study programs, while master’s via research and PhDs are known as graduate studies by research.
More than 3,00,000 international students are seeking their undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The country has a mix of modern and classic lifestyles. Additionally, Germany boasts a remarkable academic success history, making it a different and budget-friendly place to study.
Some other significant reasons to choose Singapore as your destination to study master’s:
- One of the significant benefits for Indian students is that there’s no Language barrier, as most Singaporeans are bilingual. English is the common language in the state, making it more convenient than many other countries as a study abroad destination.
- For Indian students studying in Singapore will be an economical option as tuition fees are affordable, and the cost of living is still also comparatively lower than in many developed countries.
- Advantageous scholarships and government subsidies: Scholarships are another excellent option to lower your expenses since tuition fees in Singapore are high. But that shouldn’t discourage you. As international students, students can apply for various scholarships provided by the government and universities.
Annual Fees (SGD)
National University of Singapore
Masters in Computer Science, Finance, Management, Economics, Public Policy
Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Data Science
Singapore Institute of Management
Diploma in Accounting, Information Technology, Finance, and Business
Singapore Management University
Masters in Finance, Business Analytics, Management
International University Campuses in Singapore
University Name Duration
Annual Fees (SGD)
James Cook University-Singapore
Education, Clinical psychology,Professional Accounting
INSEAD Asia Campus
2 years/ 1 year
Technical University of Munich (TUM) Asia
MS in Aerospace Engg, Industrial Chemistry
Given below are some of the popular PG courses that are available at the National University of Singapore:
Popular programs Course Tenure
The NUS MBA
17 months (full-time); 24-30 months (part-time)
Master of Science (Business Analytics)
Master of Computing (Specializations)
Master of Science (Nursing)
Master of Public Health
One-two full time; Two-four years part-time
Master in International Affairs
Master in Public Administration
Master of Dental Surgery (Orthodontics)
Master of Science (Information Systems)
MSc (Digital Finance Technology)
Master of Science in Supply Chain Management
Studying in Singapore can be a fantastic experience. Below are the various steps you can take to apply to a Singapore University.
Step 1: Choose your University and the course you want to enroll
Step 2: Submit your application and required documents.
Step 3: Receive your admission documents
Step 4: Accept the offer letter
Step 5: Apply for the student visa
Step 6: Arrive in Singapore
Students must note that different Universities in Singapore have intakes, and they vary as the courses and the programs are offered by local public universities and overseas universities with a local campus.
Ensure you are well prepared for the university intakes, so you won’t miss out on your favorite University. Below is an overview of the postgraduate intakes of some famous universities in Singapore.
Masters in Singapore: Academic Intakes
Name of University
Application Commence Date
Application Closing Date
Estimated Date of Application Outcome
Mid-May to end Jul
End-Apr to early May
Feb to Jul
Mid-Mar to early-Apr
Following are Eligibility Criteria for Masters in Singapore
- GMAT / GRE Requirement: If a student wants to pursue a Master’s course in Singapore, one may be required to submit entry examination scores. Most Universities in Singapore require a GMAT or GRE for their programs. Kindly note that the GMAT score should be more than 650.
- English Language Requirement: TOEFL cut-off scores between 80-110 and IELTS cut-off scores between 6.0-7.5 is required depending on the University and subject. Sometimes The Malaysian University English Test is also considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree: International applicants must ensure their degree is per their chosen specialization.
- Work Experience: For MA fine arts and similar programs, graduates must have work experience or samples to produce at the time of application.
Documents Required for Masters in Singapore
Students who want to study for a Master’s in Singapore must submit the following documents when sending their applications for Singaporean Universities and B-schools. For most of the documents, scanned copies are sent with the applications. Original records may be required to submit at the time of enrollment with the University:
- Application fees Receipt
- Passport details
- Student Pass (for non – Singapore citizens)
- Past academic documents
- Tuition grant: if applied for any
- Financial aid applications
- Awards/ Recognitions/ co-curricular activities/ extracurricular activities/ competitions
- Criminal Offense records, if any.
- Medical report stating any disability or illnesses
Cost to study Masters in Singapore
Studying Master’s at one of the top universities in Singapore, the cost of learning, tuition fees, living expenses, and other expenses would depend upon the program you have chosen, the duration of your academic pursuits, and the University you have enrolled in. On average, studying for a Master degree in Singapore can cost around 35,000-45,000 SGD. Additionally, students face expenses before leaving for their study destination. Some of them are mentioned below:
Given below are students’ pre-arrival cost, which constitutes expenses like visa application and different entrance examinations fees:
GRE Registration Fees
GMAT Registration Fees
Kindly note that the application fees vary from various universities and are not mentioned in the table, which is considered the essential part of pre-arrival expenses.
Cost of Living in Singapore
Once you arrive in Singapore and after your application process is done, there are certain expenses that the students have to bear. The cost of living in Singapore reflects a reasonably comfortable lifestyle, excluding the vacation period. However, the actual amount could vary depending on the student’s expenditure and lifestyle.
Average Annual Costs (SGD)
On Campus Accommodation
Transportation within Singapore
Average Cost of Books
Total Cost Excluding Accommodation
Total Cost Including Accommodation
English Language Proficiency Tests
There are more than 150 English-taught programs in Singapore.
Universities in Singapore require proof that the students have good English-language skills to succeed in their courses easily. Almost all Singapore universities accept these official English exams:
- PTE Academic
- C1 Advanced
Many study programs have a bilingual policy, combining English with Malay, Mandarin, or Tamil study languages.
Scholarships to Study Masters in Singapore
Some of the top universities in Singapore offer scholarships to international students. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships at NUS: Amount offered- S$ 21,338 INSEAD Antonio Borges Endowed Scholarship: Amount proposed – S$ 15,051
- Nanyang Scholarship: Amount- 8,668 SGD annually. also, there’s complete coverage of subsidized tuition fees
Given below are some of the External Scholarships that students can avail of to Pursue a Master’s in Singapore
- Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA): The amount awarded to international students is S$ 2,000.
- The Financial Sumo Educational Scholarship Program: The amount awarded to international students is S$ 1,333 under this scholarship.
- BrokerFish International Student Scholarship: The amount awarded to international students is S$ 1,333 under this scholarship.
Some top companies hiring postgraduate students in Singapore are:
Annual Average Salary Offered (SGD)
Dow Jones & Co Inc
Control Risks Group
Study abroad with upGrad Abroad
upGrad Abroad offers uniquely designed programs that enable students to save money on tuition fees and other expenses. upGrad Abroad has also launched a Booster Program which is designed to offer support to students in preparation for IELTS, Academic Writing, Profile Building, International Faculty Masterclass, and University Application, Education Loan, and Visa Support.
Click on the link to know more about Booster Program
- Hotel Management Course in Singapore
- Ph.D. in Singapore: Universities, Fees & Scholarships
- MBA in Finance in Singapore
Frequently Asked Questions
Those who are postgraduate aspirants after MBBS can take their pick from courses like radiology, forensic medicine, anatomy, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, and orthopedics. Some other options include an MD in Aerospace Medicine, Forensic Medicine or Dermatology, and an MD in Radio-diagnosis. Aspirants may also consider MTech Biomedical Engineering, MBA in Hospital Administration, MBA in Healthcare Management, and MBA in Hospital and Healthcare Management, among other course options. Median salaries of masters’ graduates stand at S$3,900 in Singapore as per estimates, and this translates into roughly INR 2.16 lakh. Annual salaries for executive masters’ graduates may go up to S$103,000 per year with experience, while it may also be around S$98,000 for MBA graduates. This means attractive pay-scales between INR 54-57 lakh on average. Master’s in management or finance may also earn close to S$90,000, which averages upwards of INR 46 lakh. You can apply directly to universities in Singapore to study PG courses. You will require a GRE/GMAT score for admission and IELTS/TOEFL scores. For instance, you will have to sit for entrance examinations at some universities like NUS. Proof of funds is also required with your passport and other necessary documents. Make sure that you score more than 650 on GMAT to get admission. Some of the in-demand PG courses in Singapore include the following: 1. MBA in International Business
Q1. Which PG course is best after MBBS?
Q2. How much does a master’s graduate earn in Singapore?
Q3. How can you study PG in Singapore?
Q4. Which PG courses are in demand in Singapore?
2. Master of Science in Finance
4. Information Security and Digital Forensics MSC
5. Creative Arts and Design
6. Hotel Management
7. MSc in Computer Science
8. Travel and Tourism
Those who are postgraduate aspirants after MBBS can take their pick from courses like radiology, forensic medicine, anatomy, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, and orthopedics. Some other options include an MD in Aerospace Medicine, Forensic Medicine or Dermatology, and an MD in Radio-diagnosis. Aspirants may also consider MTech Biomedical Engineering, MBA in Hospital Administration, MBA in Healthcare Management, and MBA in Hospital and Healthcare Management, among other course options.
Median salaries of masters’ graduates stand at S$3,900 in Singapore as per estimates, and this translates into roughly INR 2.16 lakh. Annual salaries for executive masters’ graduates may go up to S$103,000 per year with experience, while it may also be around S$98,000 for MBA graduates. This means attractive pay-scales between INR 54-57 lakh on average. Master’s in management or finance may also earn close to S$90,000, which averages upwards of INR 46 lakh.
You can apply directly to universities in Singapore to study PG courses. You will require a GRE/GMAT score for admission and IELTS/TOEFL scores. For instance, you will have to sit for entrance examinations at some universities like NUS. Proof of funds is also required with your passport and other necessary documents. Make sure that you score more than 650 on GMAT to get admission.
Some of the in-demand PG courses in Singapore include the following:
1. MBA in International Business
✓End to end Visa/Application support