Doing an MBA in finance in Singapore is a smart move, considering the future career prospects and handsome salaries in the field. Singapore, one of the richest countries in the world, offers a multicultural, safe, and welcoming environment for aspirants. An MBA in finance in Singapore will pave the way towards a rewarding global journey with a great scope of growth.
MBA in Finance in Singapore- Reasons for Studying
Here are some of the key reasons to study for an MBA in finance in Singapore:
- Singapore is one of the world’s biggest financial and business hubs, offering plentiful employment opportunities for skilled graduates. MBA degrees are highly valued here, especially in finance.
- Study at some of the highest-ranked global universities for an MBA in finance, complete with world-class faculty members and excellent practical learning opportunities.
- Build a good industry interface with your Singapore MBA program, venturing into industry training, internships, and networking.
Top Universities for MBA in Finance in Singapore
- NUS (National University of Singapore)- MBA in Finance for 17 months (full-time course).
- Nanyang Business School, Singapore
- INSEAD Asia Campus
- Management Development Institute of Singapore- MBA in Banking and Finance.
- East Asia Institute of Management- MBA with Finance Specialization.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA in Finance in Singapore
- Strong academic track record and undergraduate degree.
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE scores.
- GMAT/GRE scores.
- At least two to three years of work experience.
Documents Needed MBA in Finance in Singapore
- Receipt of application fee payment.
- Student Pass.
- Valid Passport.
- Tuition grant, if any.
- Academic transcripts.
- Proof of funds.
- Score sheets of standardized tests.
- Medical reports.
MBA in Finance in Singapore Fees
The average fee is between INR 11.25 lakh to INR 67.50 lakh for MBA courses in Singapore. Apart from the course fee, students will have to incur living expenses which may approximately amount up to INR 45,000-60,000 monthly for rent, commutation, meals, and phone plans.
How to Apply
You can directly apply through the websites of the respective universities. Submit all your documents online as well. Once the application is processed and selected, you will hear back from the university. Get your letter of acceptance, pay the admission deposit, confirm enrolment, and start working on getting your study visa.
Scope of MBA in Finance in Singapore
The future scope of an MBA in Finance in Singapore is vast, with literally unlimited opportunities for graduates. From investment bankers to financial analysts, they can find job roles in varied positions as per their skills and aptitude. Finance MBAs are highly valued in Singapore, with leading private and corporate entities hiring these graduates in large numbers every year.
Scholarship Options for Aspirants
There are several scholarship options available, including the following:
- Go Clean Scholarship with funding up to INR 2.70 lakh approximately.
- The Financial Sumo Educational
Scholarship with funding of INR 75,000.
- BrokerFish International Student Scholarship with funding up to INR 75,000.
- Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship with funding of INR 11.55 lakh.
- Global Study Award Scholarship with funding up to INR 9.75 lakh.
- NUS MBA Study Award Scholarship- Funding of varying amounts for eligible students.
- INSEAD Antonio Borges Endowed Scholarship- Up to INR 8.46 lakh in funding.
MBA Finance Jobs in Singapore
There are numerous options of jobs in Singapore for MBA finance freshers, including the following positions:
- Credit Specialist and Manager
- Accounting Manager
- Risk and Insurance Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Corporate Controller
- Treasurer and Finance Officer
Salaries after MBA in Finance
The average MBA finance salary in Singapore is lucrative for MBA in finance graduates. While the average salary of MBA Finance in India is Rs. 678,000 per annum, as per various job portals, the average salary of an MBA Finance graduate from Singapore is SGD 93000 (INR 49.9 lakh) per annum. The salary increases with growing experience and knowledge.
English Language Proficiency Tests Required for MBA in Finance in Singapore
IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE are vital English language proficiency tests needed for doing your MBA in Singapore. To secure admission, the TOEFL score must be at least 100 for the internet-based test, and for IELTS, the overall band score must be at least 7.0.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to study MBA in Singapore?
You can study MBA programs in Singapore by applying directly to the universities and sharing all the required documents. You have to possess an undergraduate degree with a strong academic record and good scores in GRE/GMAT and also in TOEFL/IELTS. You should ideally have work experience of two to three years for adding more weightage to your application.
Is GMAT required for MBA in Singapore?
Almost all MBA institutes require either GRE or GMAT scores. You should check the eligibility criteria carefully before applying. GMAT scores are not only necessary for MBA admissions but also entry into many other courses including Masters of Public Administration, Masters of Accountancy, and more.
Is NUS good for MBA?
The National University of Singapore or NUS is one of the leading choices when it comes to MBA programs. It offers advanced and cutting-edge programs backed by top-class faculty members, excellent academic infrastructure and other facilities, and strong industry interfaces courtesy of its close links to leading recruiters in Singapore.
- Hotel Management Course in Singapore
- Ph.D. in Singapore: Universities, Fees & Scholarships
- MBA in Finance in Singapore
✓End to end Visa/Application support