There are numerous courses in Singapore for Indian students, with the island nation being home to several globally acclaimed universities offering vast study options and curricula. Singapore offers comparatively affordable education for international students and excellent amenities and infrastructure.
Best Courses in Singapore for Indian Students
Here are some of the top courses in Singapore for Indian students that you should take a look at-
Singapore Management University (SMU)
Master of IT in Business
National University of Singapore (NUS)
Executive Master in Finance
Singapore Institute of Technology
BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy
Nanyang Technological University
Bachelor of Business
Management Development Institute of Singapore
Master of Business Administration in Banking and Finance
James Cook University
Bachelor of Information Technology
LASALLE College of the Arts
BA (Hons) Fine Art
These were some of the top courses in Singapore that you can consider. Of course, there are innumerable other choices at your disposal.
Diploma Courses in Singapore
There are six-month diploma courses in Singapore for Indian students that you can check. These are some of the best courses in Singapore for Indian students since they help widen educational knowledge and insights while enhancing skill development. Students naturally get an edge over their peers with these effective courses. However, to gain admission into these programs, students should score well in SAT/ACT and TOEFL/IELTS along with GRE/GMAT (if needed).
Some of the popular diploma courses are:
-Diploma in Accounting & Finance
-Diploma in Business
-Graduate Diploma of Psychology
-Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
-Technical Diploma in Culinary Arts
-Diploma in Construction & Building Engineering
-Diploma in Data Analytics
-Diploma in Logistics & Supply Chain Management
-Higher Diploma in Cyber Security
-Diploma in Information Technology
Short-Term Courses in Singapore
There are many short-term courses in Singapore for Indian students that you can take a closer look at.
-Applied Data Analytics in Business offered by Singapore Polytechnic
-People Analytics Short Course by EHL Campus (Singapore)
-Python for Analytics by Emeritus Institute of Management
-Practical Decision Making Using Data Science by National University of Singapore (NUS)-Business School
-SMU Global Summer Program by Singapore Management University
-Intermediate Robotic Process Automation by Singapore Polytechnic
Engineering Courses in Singapore for Indian students
Engineering is one of the favorite courses for international students in Singapore, with two of its most reputed institutions, namely the Nanyang Technological University and the National University of Singapore (NUS), ranking amongst the world’s top engineering institutions.
Engineering colleges draw the highest number of international students annually apart from management institutions or business schools in Singapore. Bachelor’s courses span four years, and students can follow up with master’s courses or research work in their chosen fields. Some of the top engineering courses include civil, mechanical, electrical, and bioengineering. Some other well-known engineering institutions in Singapore include the Singapore Institute of Technology, the Singapore Institute of Management, and the Singapore University of Technology and Design.
Education System in Singapore
The education system in Singapore comprises the following:
- The Singapore education system includes six years of primary education, four to five years of secondary education, and one to three years of postsecondary education.
- A child will undergo six years of mandatory education at the primary level.
- Science is included at Primary 3 level. Students take the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) after completing the Primary 6 level.
- Secondary schools are independent, government-funded, and government-supported institutions. Students attend for four to five years under the Normal Academic (NA), Normal Technical (NT), or Express streams. They help prepare pupils for the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Ordinary (GCE-O) examination.
- Singapore also has pre-universities or junior colleges for a two-year course at the pre-university level or a three-year course at a centralized institution. The curriculum will have the Mother Tongue and General Paper and four (maximum) GCE-A (Advanced) subjects. Students then take their GCE-A Level examination.
- Students then study at universities in Singapore. The island nation has three prominent public universities, i.e., SMU, NTU, and NUS. There are many other international universities as well.
- Singapore also has specialized polytechnic or MBA colleges.
Top Facts about Singapore
Here are some interesting facts about Singapore:
- Singapore has changed its time zone a whopping six times since 1905.
- Singapore is one of the world’s 20-smallest nations.
- Buildings in Singapore can be built up to a maximum height of 280 meters.
- Roads in Singapore cover more than 3,000 kilometers.
- Malay is the national language. However, there are four official languages. They are Malay, English, Chinese, and Tamil.
- Singapore is one of the only three city-states worldwide, including Vatican City and Monaco.
- With the main Singapore Island, there are 63 added islands, many of which are not inhabited by people.
- Singapore’s total land area stands at just 682.7 square kilometers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Singapore good for Indian students?
Singapore is an excellent option for Indian students, being one of Asia’s biggest hubs for education. It offers comparatively affordable tuition fees while providing a multicultural, liberal, and vibrant community. Singapore offers the world’s best universities, high educational standards, and world-class faculty, a big draw for Indian students. Singapore also has a flourishing economy, meaning that job opportunities are readily available for skilled graduates.
What are the popular courses in Singapore?
Some of the popular educational courses in Singapore include Engineering, Computing/IT, Design and Creative Arts, Science, Hotel Management, MBA, Medicine, Architecture, and Travel and Tourism. Some fast-growing courses (in terms of popularity) include Finance, Cybersecurity, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media, and Data Analytics.
How much does it cost to study in Singapore for international students?
For studying in Singapore, international students need to pay approximately S$51,840-S$115,350 (roughly INR 29.03 lakh to INR 65 lakh) for their bachelor’s degrees in varying disciplines. Master’s degrees may cost between S$46,080 and S$113,884 (approximately INR 25.80 lakh to INR 64 lakh).
Which courses are the best for the future in Singapore?
Some of the best future-oriented courses in Singapore include banking and finance, data analytics, technology-enabled services, digital media, cyber security, and urban solutions. Another fast-growing course option in Singapore is entrepreneurship.
- Hotel Management Course in Singapore
- Ph.D. in Singapore: Universities, Fees & Scholarships
- MBA in Finance in Singapore
✓End to end Visa/Application support