There is no shortage of jobs after MS in computer science in USA, although you should be patient and stick to the right strategy. As per reports, the computer science sector is rapidly growing throughout the USA, often surpassing the average growth figures of many other business sectors.
Labor authorities have reportedly estimated that thousands of new computer science jobs will be created for skilled graduates over the next decade. A post-graduation in computer science is a one or two-year program offered by hundreds of well-known universities. Let us look at the opportunities available for successful MS in Computer Science degree-holders in the USA.
Recommended Read: MS in Data Analytics in USA
Jobs after MS in Computer Science in USA- Major designations:
The average salary in USA after an MS in Computer Science is quite attractive across numerous job roles and designations. Here are some of the top designations available for professionals in the USA after completing this course:
● Android Developer- $75,200 per annum (INR 56.93 lakhs)
● Network Engineer- $85,000 per annum (INR 64.35 lakhs)
● Computer Network Architect- $90,000 per annum (INR 68.13 lakhs)
● Information Security Manager- $111,000 per annum (INR 84.04 lakhs)
● Blockchain Developer- $75,000 per annum (INR 56.78 lakhs)
● AI (Artificial Intelligence) Expert- $91,000 per annum (INR 68.89 lakhs)
● ERP Project Manager- $117,000 per annum (INR 88.58 lakhs)
● C++ Developer- $88,200 per annum (INR 66.77 lakhs)
● Ethical Hacker- $75,000 per annum (INR 56.78 lakhs)
● Lead Developer- $91,500 per annum (INR 69.29 lakhs)
These are only approximate median salaries for skilled graduates based on their designations in the USA.
Recommended Read: Part-Time Job Options in the USA for International Students
Top Recruiters of MS Graduates in Computer Science:
Several leading recruiters offer jobs after an MS in Computer Science in USA. Some of the big names include the following:
● Texas Instruments
These are only some of the leading companies which hire MS graduates in computer science in the USA. These professionals are finding employment in business sectors like banking and finance, media, consulting, and more, not just technology or IT companies.
How to Find a Job after MS in USA?
After completing your MS in computer science in USA, finding a job will not be as difficult. However, you will need your reserves of patience and perseverance to sail through the procedure. Here are some tips that you should keep in mind:
● After completing MS, you can apply for the OPT (Optional Practical Training) card or EAD (Employment Authorization Document) and find a job with OPT within 90 days of the starting date. The company will then apply for your H1-B visa.
● You can also apply for an internship during your course and get CPT (Curricular Practical Training) approval with your new I-20. Apply for OPT card or EAD after graduating. Find a job within 90 days of the starting date, and then the company will be applying for the H1-B visa.
● The computer science course may include a year of industry exposure, giving you the chance to build your contacts and network while getting job-ready at the same time.
● Find IT internships, placements, and projects if you do not have this component in your course.
● Check out online job portals for more information.
● Create a portfolio of your projects, including website development, programming, online tasks, bug fixes, etc.
● Join a society or club at your university where you will network with like-minded students and develop your skills.
● Tap the placement department at your university while contacting college alumni, put your profile on LinkedIn, and attend industry events, seminars, and webinars.
Highest Paying Jobs in the USA after Completing MS in Computer Science:
Computer science graduates usually earn $114-118,000 per year in the USA in highly paid job roles dealing with AI, VR, big data, software, and networking. On that note, here are some of the highest-paid job opportunities for MS in CS graduates in the USA:
1. Software Architect- This job pays an average salary of $125,328 (INR 94.95 lakhs) per year and the range is usually between $88,000-165,000 (INR 66.67 lakhs- 1.25 crores). Architects build and design software from scratch. They also implement coding standards of IT companies while offering expertise in various coding languages and design principles.
2. Software Developer- Developers usually earn between $64,240-164,590 (INR 48.67 lakhs -1.25 crores) with average salaries of $107,510 (INR 81.45 lakhs) per annum. Software developers take responsibility for various programs and applications enabling the performance of tasks on computing devices. They should be well-versed with basics like Java, C++, PHP, Python, and HTML. Their duties include debugging and writing code for applications, software modifications, and application documentation.
3. UNIX System Administrator- These professionals earn between $78,516-126,829 (INR 59.49-96.10 lakhs) per year or average salaries of $103,273 (INR 78.25 lakhs). They hold responsibility for maintaining UNIX operating systems at facilities or organizations. Their duties include configuring, installing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and software vital for the UNIX setup.
4. Security Engineers- The average salary range is $73,000-130,000 (INR 55.31-98.50 lakhs) with median salaries of $99,834 (INR 75.64 lakhs) per year. These engineers hold responsibility for developing and executing security protocols and systems for companies, identifying solutions, defense tools, configuring firewalls, combating network threats, testing software/hardware, etc.
5. DevOps Engineer- DevOps engineers command salaries between $72,000-146,000 (INR 54.44 lakhs-1.11 crores) per annum, earning an average of $99,604 (INR 75.47 lakhs) per year. They supervise code development, communicating with IT, operations, and development teams. They create the development ecosystem while analyzing and testing code before deploying it. They also track procedures throughout the entire lifecycle of software development.
6. Computer Scientist- Computer scientists earn between $68,000-138,000 (INR 51.50 lakhs-1.04 crores) annually with median salaries of $99,050 (INR 95.05 lakhs) per year. They have duties like creating specific company tools, databases, algorithms, etc. They should know XML, Python, C++, Java, SQL, and other languages for programming.
7. Mobile Application Developers- They earn average salaries of $96,016 (INR 72.71 lakhs), and the range is between $64,000-140,000 (INR 48.47 lakhs-1.06 crores) approximately. They are responsible for developing mobile device applications while being familiar with the mobile OS and programming languages in tandem with UX.
8. Android Software Engineers/Developers- They can earn average salaries of $94,497 per year (INR 71.56 lakhs) or between $72,000-149,000 annually INR 54.52 lakhs-1.13 crores). They develop Android applications with knowledge of UX, mobile programming languages, OS, and more.
9. SDEs or Software Development Engineers– They earn average salaries of $92,046 per annum (INR 69.70 lakhs) or between $77,000-143,000 per annum (INR 58.31 lakhs-1.08 crores). They may work in several industries for building, designing, and maintaining computer software and systems at organizations.
10. Senior Software Web Developers- They may earn between $58,000-139,000 per year (INR 43.92 lakhs-1.05 crores) or average salaries of $87,712 per annum (INR66.42 lakhs). They write code and debug it for servers, websites, databases, etc. They should possess knowledge of various programming languages such as SQL Server, C#, ASP, F#, etc.
11. Software Development Engineers Test (SDET)- They earn up to $61,000-107,000 per year (INR 46.19-81.03 lakhs) or average salaries of $83,070 per annum (INR 62.91 lakhs). SDETs emphasize testing, software debugging, code alteration for fixing problems, and testing for the end-user experience.