Doing your master’s in project management in the USA means completing a two-year course in the field. Applicants should have undergraduate degrees along with minimum scores of 83-86%. Annual costs are usually $17,000-70,000 or roughly INR 12.5-53 lakhs for these courses. The program trains students to successfully manage and lead projects with proper planning, initiation, implementation, and control amid varying environments.
MS in project management in the USA is an interdisciplinary degree, training aspirants to skillfully organize and plan company resources for achieving time-bound objectives. The program is about the art and science of organization and technical project management tools for the best results. An MS in project management will help aspirants earn anywhere around $150,000 or INR 1.12 crore every year at leading companies in the USA.
Read More: A Guide to Settle in USA from India!
Why Study Master’s in Project Management in the USA:
Why should you study in the USA for your MS in project management? Some of the top reasons are listed below:
- Students can expect the best universities for MS in project management in the USA. The country has some of the highest-ranked institutions globally.
- The USA promises low rates of unemployment along with excellent prospects for qualified management personnel.
- The average project manager salary in the US stands at approximately $99,400 or INR 73.8 lakhs per year.
- The project management sector is expected to grow rapidly, with hiring going up across leading companies.
- Project management courses are now STEM programs at many universities, meaning that students may remain back for up to three years in the country.
Recommended Read: 50 Interesting Facts about the USA
MS in Project Management in the USA- Top Universities:
There are several options available for doing an MBA in project management in the USA, or you can even check out a master’s in project management in the USA without GRE if that is your requirement. Here is a list of top universities worth considering:
|Name of Institution||Course Names||Costs|
|Pennsylvania State University||Master of project management (2 years)||$39,248 or INR 29.21 lakhs|
|New York University||MS in Project Management (2 years)||$23,584 per semester or INR 17.56 lakhs|
|Northwestern university||MS in Project Management (9-18 months)||$20,020 per quarter (four course units) or INR 14.90 lakhs|
|Boston University||MS in Project Management (2 years)||$29,280 per semester or INR 21.80 lakhs|
|University of Houston||Master of Science in Technology Project Management (2 years)||$10,611-$17,280 per semester or INR 7.90-12.87 lakhs|
|Worcester Polytechnic University||Master of Science Construction Project Management (2 years)||$55,675 or INR 41.46 lakhs|
|University of Connecticut||MS in Business Analytics and Project Management (1.5 years)||$41,580 or INR 30.91 lakhs|
|University of Kansas||M. Eng Project Management (2 years)||$34,254 or INR 25.46 lakhs|
Project management courses usually last two years in the USA, while short-term diploma and certificate programs are also available. Along with the above-listed courses, you can also try the Northeastern university project management course.
Important Resources to Read About USA:
- Duration of Course- Two Years.
- Minimum Eligibility– Undergraduate Degree with 83-86% scores.
- Annual costs- INR 12.5-53 lakhs.
- Focus Areas- Project Initiation, Implementation, Planning, Budgeting, Resource Optimization, and Management.
- Annual Salaries- $99,400-150,000 or INR 73.8 lakhs to INR 1.12 crore per year.
- Big Recruiters- Bain & Co, ALLDATA, Trimark, EY, Amgen, LKAB, CBRE and more.
Admissions to Masters in Project Management in the USA:
You should have 16 years of formal education to apply. The 10+2+4 system is required with a four-year bachelor’s course. Applications may be directly submitted via the official portals of universities. They are mostly invited for fall semesters, while some institutions take applications in all three semesters.
Recommended Read: Study Options in the USA for Indian Students After 12th Commerce
Master’s in project management in the USA- Eligibility Criteria:
- Aspirants should score 3.0 on a 4-point GPA scale. It equates to 83-86% on average. The equivalent grade here is B.
- GRE (151-158 each) or GMAT scores are necessary for candidates.
- PTE, TOEFL (minimum 70-110), or IELTS scores (minimum 6.5-8.0) are mandatory for admissions.
Master’s in project management in the USA- Documents Required:
- LORs (Letters of Recommendation).
- SOP (Statement of Purpose).
- Valid Passport.
- I-20 Form issued from university for F-1 Student Visa.
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores.
- GRE/GMAT Scores.
- Academic Transcripts.
- Proof of Health Insurance.
- Proof of Funds.
Here are the documents that you will need for the student visa:
- SEVIS acknowledgment certificate and I-20 form.
- Valid Passport.
- Receipt of payment for SEVIS application.
- Documents of academic preparation.
- Latest photographs.
- Non-immigrant application for a visa with confirmation page of Form DS-160.
- Proof of sufficient funds.
Cost of Studying MS in Project Management in the USA:
The costs are listed below:
- GMAT Cost- $250 or INR 18,500
- TOEFL Cost- $185 or INR 13,780
- GRE Cost- $213 or INR 15,800
- IELTS- INR 13,250
- Visa Application Charge- $160 or INR 11,914
- Tuition Cost ranges between INR 12.5-53 lakhs on average.
- Accommodation- $3,000-8,000 per year or INR 2.2-6 lakhs.
- Food- $900-1,200 each month or INR 67-90,000.
- Books & Study Materials- $300-500 or INR 22-37,000.
- Transport Costs- $100-300 or INR 7,500-23,000.
- Health Insurance- $450-700 or INR 34,500-52,000.
- Miscellaneous Costs- $300-600 or INR 22,300-46,000.
More Resources to Read About USA:
Scholarships for MS in Project Management in the USA:
Here is a list of available scholarships that you can consider:
|Scholarship Name||Scholarship Amount||Scholarship Organization||Eligibility Criteria|
|Dean’s Scholars Program||$10,000 or INR 7.44 lakhs||NYU||Minimum GPA 3.7,must have 12 credits of the program.|
|PEO International peace scholarships for women||$12,500 or INR 9.31lakhs||IPS||A full year of coursework must be left for completion.|
|International Student Tuition Grant||$2000 or INR 1.49 lakhs||University of Kansas||Meritorious international students.|
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship||INR 1,00,000-10,00,000||Trust||UG from Indian University|
|National Overseas Scholarship Scheme||May Vary||Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment||Minimum55% in UG|
|Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship||May Vary||Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation||UG from Indian University|
Jobs after master’s in project management in the USA:
Reports state that average annual salaries may hover between $46,700-157,000 annually, INR 34.71 lakhs to INR 1.17 crore. Graduate students may expect handsome starting salaries, while master’s degrees will help elevate earnings by at least 30-40% compared to bachelor’s degrees. Salaries of project managers also go up by roughly 10-12% periodically, and the jobs are some of the highest paying in the whole country.
Some of the top jobs include head of projects, business development managers, information technology asset managers, construction project managers, risk and capital managers, and area managers. Other job profiles include administration managers, assistant project managers, and logistics managers. Project managers create project blueprints, track progress, and implement these plans. They also function as the bridge between employees and management.
Recommended Read: Part-Time Job Options in the USA for International Students
Project Management in the USA is a rewarding career ahead:
An MS in project management in the USA will help you embark on a fulfilling and rewarding career in the future. With steady growth in jobs and demand amongst big corporations, a master’s degree will be a major boost for the professional aspirations of any student.
Is it worth choosing MS in Project Management?
It is always worthwhile choosing project management. An MS in project management will equip students with the skills and real-world education required to venture into this field successfully. A good project management course will come with multiple learning opportunities while enabling internships and co-ops, among other choices. Students will be capable enough to tackle projects amidst complex and varying environments after completing these courses. Students will get solid knowledge and experience in diverse aspects, from scheduling and quality assurance to cost estimation. Students can specialize in project management in any particular field while learning to manage larger teams and projects simultaneously.
How Much does a Project Manager Make in the USA?
Project managers usually make around $99,400 or approximately INR 74 lakhs per year in the USA. It may vary, depending upon the skills of the candidate. Salaries may increase to $157,000 or INR 1.17 crore. Starting salaries are usually handsome for project managers, and they are some of the highest-paid professionals in the USA.
Where Can I Study Project Management in the USA?
There are several universities offering project management courses like Northeastern, Northwestern University, Johns Hopkins University, University of Chicago, Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, and Princeton University. These are only a few names. You will find umpteen options online for project management in the USA.