MS in MIS in the USA is usually available in leading B-Schools and universities. These courses typically cover 1-2 years, with 33 credit hours needed for coursework as well. Some institutions may insist on a completed thesis during the tenure of the course.
To pursue Masters of Science (MS) in Management Information System (MIS), international students should have undergraduate degrees from recognized universities. The tuition fees usually hover between $14,000-50,000 or INR 8.3-29.75 lakhs per year. The average MS in MIS in USA salary stands at $60,000 per year or INR 35.71 lakhs. MIS deals with control, coordination, decision-making, and analysis of data within any company or organization. The study and analysis of management information systems cover tasks like testing procedures, individuals, and technologies within the organizational framework.
Top Universities for MS in MIS in the USA,
A look at the prevalent MS in MIS in USA rankings will give you an idea of the leading institutions in the field. The USA is regarded as one of the best global destinations for studying MIS.
Here are some of the top universities that provide MS degree in MIS in the USA:
|Name of Institution||Name of Program||Course Tenure||Annual Tuition Charges|
|University of California Berkeley||Master of Information Management and Systems||2||$14,188 or INR 8.45 lakhs|
|Carnegie Mellon University||Master of Information Management and Systems||12-16 Months||$25,500 or INR 15.17 lakhs|
|University of Washington, Seattle||Masters in MIS||1||$40,000 or INR 23.81 lakhs|
|University of Maryland||Master of Information Management||2||$26,000 or INR 15.48 lakhs|
|Texas A&M Mays B-school||MS Information System Management||1||$48,156 or INR 28.66 lakhs|
|Arizona State University||MS Information System Management||1||$56,964 or INR 33.90 lakhs|
|The University of Arizona||MS in MIS||16 Months||$44,894 or INR 26.72 lakhs|
|University of Buffalo||MS in MIS||10-12 Months||$23,100 or INR 13.75 lakhs|
|University of Houston, Houston, Texas||MS in MIS||1.5-2||$29,500 or INR 17.55 lakhs|
|BYU Marriott School of Business||Master of Information System Management||2||$14,160 or INR 8.43 lakhs|
Reasons for studying MS in MIS in United States
Here are some of the major reasons that make studying MIS in the United States worthy:
- The USA is known for its prowess in MIS, with close to 150 colleges offering both Bachelor’s and Master’s courses in the subject.
- MIS is an immensely popular specialization today, especially amongst those majoring in computer science.
- MIS graduates can expect handsome salaries in the USA, even at the entry level.
- There is ample scope of research and experimentation in the discipline as well.
Recommended Read: 50 Interesting Facts about the USA
Prerequisites for MS in MIS in the USA
Here are some prerequisites that MIS applicants should keep in mind:
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in business or IT-related disciplines.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale. The percentile equivalent is 83-86%, while B is the grade equivalent.
- Minimum MS in Management Information Systems in USA GRE scores vary across institutions. A good GRE score is usually 300 (minimum), while it is 550 for the GMAT.
- Specific IELTS and TOEFL scores are needed for those coming from non-English speaking countries. A good TOEFL score is usually between 78 and 100, while a good IELTS score is between 6.0 and 7.0.
- Work experience may be needed in some universities.
Important Resources to Read About USA:
Requirements for admission into Masters in MIS in USA
You will have to provide various documents for admission into MIS master’s courses in the USA. These include:
- 2-3 Letters of Recommendation (LORs).
- Official Transcripts.
- SOP or Statement of Purpose.
MS in MIS in the USA: Fees or Costs
Here’s taking a look at the costs of your MIS program, including MS in Management Information Systems [MIS] in USA fees and other expenses.
- Tuition costs usually hover between $14,000-50,000 or INR 8.3-29.75 lakhs per year.
- TOEFL Costs- $170 or INR 10,118.
- IELTS Costs- $250 or INR 14,880.
- GRE Costs- $205 or INR 12,201.
- Application Costs- $1,200 or INR 71,423.
- Airfare Costs- $700 or INR 41,663.
- SEVIS Costs- $200 or INR 11,904.
- Visa Fees- $170 or INR 10,118.
- Accommodation- $5,000-7,000 or INR 2.98-4.16 lakhs per year.
- Food Costs- $2,500 or INR 1.49 lakhs.
- Public Transportation Costs- $350-800 or INR 20,832 to INR 47,615.
- Entertainment Costs- $1,000-1,200 or INR 59,519 to INR 71,423.
Here are some available scholarship options:
- Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Broker Fish International Student Scholarship
- Go Clean Scholarship
More Resources to Read About USA:
Job Opportunities after MS in MIS in the USA
There are several lucrative job opportunities for those who have completed MS in MIS. These include positions like data analysts, information technology directors, business intelligence analysts, chief information officers, information security managers, and more. Other employment positions include senior project managers, data architects, technical consultants, database administrators, and analyst consultants. $68,000-148,000 is the average salary package for MIS graduates, approximately INR 50.69 lakhs to 1.10 crore. With an increase in demand for skilled graduates in the field, salaries and job opportunities are only expected to increase in the future.
What is MS in MIS in USA?
An MS in MIS teaches how to apply computer-linked technologies for managerial courses and programs. With an MS in Management Information Systems, you will slowly start acquiring foundational knowledge of businesses while the courses usually emphasize Information Systems. MIS is the application of computer-related technology to managerial programs. With a MS in MIS from USA, you will acquire foundational business knowledge with courses focused on Information Systems. MIS students learn how businesses use the information to improve the company’s operations.
Is GRE Required for MIS in the USA?
GRE test scores are usually accepted for admissions into MBA programs in the USA. Some universities also accept GMAT scores for admission. Hence, if you can produce your GMAT results, you can apply to these institutions for the Management Information Systems program. Some schools and colleges accept both GMAT and GRE scores of candidates. Make sure you check the admission requirements carefully before submitting your application.
What is a MIS Course?
MIS or Masters in Information Systems is a course that deals with studying and establishing relationships between technologies, individuals, and organizations. This course deals with handling various business-linked operations such as strategic decision-making and efficient business functionalities. MIS has become a hugely popular global course for students in recent years.
Is MIS in Demand?
MIS has witnessed massive demand amongst prospective candidates in recent years. MIS tools and knowledge enable managers to deploy technologies for making efficient and effective business decisions. This area of study has been gaining rapid popularity in recent years, and graduates or postgraduates are finding positions across leading corporations and businesses. Management Information Systems (MIS) and their study enable professionals to enhance their respective employers’ competitiveness, which is a major factor behind burgeoning demand.
Does MIS Come Under STEM?
The MIS (Management Information Systems) course has already received designation as a STEM course in many institutions. It helps in building a long-term foundation for business growth and success. The MIS curriculum draws its base from globally approved recommendations. This makes it a designated STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics).
Master’s in Project Management in USA
Master’s in Biotechnology in USA
MS in Engineering Management in USA
Master’s in Psychology in USA
Master’s in Business Analytics in USA
Masters in Data Science in USA
Masters in Economics in USA