Applying for a master’s in machine learning in USA can be great for your career, considering the prospects in the country for skilled professionals. More companies across both public and private sectors rely on artificial intelligence (AI) and ML (machine learning) to gain consumer insights, take business decisions, automate tasks, and enhance overall efficiency and productivity. Data analytics and science contribute to improved revenues across corporates, leading to higher demand for trained graduates in AI/ML.
Apply Now: MS in Data Analytics in USA
Why Should You Pursue a Master’s in Machine Learning in the USA?
Doing your MS in machine learning in the USA will be a good decision for the following reasons:
● Studying at the best universities in the USA for MS in machine learning is a bonus in itself. The country houses some of the world’s most reputed universities for AI/ML programs.
● The US is already a global leader in artificial intelligence and machine learning. It is known for its expanding number of AI-based start-ups, chips and semiconductors, published papers, and more.
● After ML, there are impressive job opportunities in the US, especially with demand soaring for engineers and graduates.
● Median salaries may increase to $145,000 annually or INR 1.08 crore.
Read More: 50 Interesting Facts about the USA
Leading Universities for MS in ML in the USA:
Some of the top universities for machine learning in the USA include the following:
● Carnegie Mellon University- The institution offers a master of science in machine learning with a duration of up to two years.
● Cornell University- This institution offers a master’s in computer science with ML specialization over two years.
● Georgia Institute of Technology- Offers master’s in computer science with an ML specialization.
● Duke University- It offers data analytics and a machine learning MS course.
● Massachusetts Institute of Technology- The institution offers a Master of Science in EECS (Electrical Engineering and Computer Science) with a machine learning specialization.
● Boston University- The institution offers MS in artificial intelligence that spans over two years.
● University of Rochester- You can study for a master’s in computer science with an ML and AI specialization.
● The University of California San Diego- Offers an MS course in computer science with a duration of two years or higher.
● Stanford University- It offers MSCS in artificial intelligence.
Recommended Read: Reasons to Study at Northern Arizona University (NAU)
Cost of MS in Machine Learning in the USA:
International aspirants can expect tuition fees between INR 21-69 lakhs for their courses, while application charges are $75-100 or INR 5,627-7,503 approximately. GRE fees are $213 while GMAT charges are $250, working out to approximately INR 15,982 and INR18,758, respectively. TOEFL costs are $180 or INR 13,506, while visa charges are roughly $160 or INR 12,005. Airfare costs are $700 or roughly INR 52,522. Health insurance costs start from $2,000 or INR 1.51 lakhs onwards.
Accommodation costs roughly $450-1,200 each month or INR 33,764-90,038 while food costs are $250-1,250 every month or INR 18,758-93,790. Transportation costs are around $120-250 or INR 9,004-18,758.
Admission requirements usually include the following:
● GPA of at least 3.0.
● Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks.
● Official academic transcripts.
● Details of past work experience, if any.
● Scores in TOEFL or IELTS.
● GMAT or GRE scores.
● Videos may be required for some candidates.
● Some programs may require expertise in ROS, Python, and other programming languages, along with linear algebra, statistics, and calculus proficiency.
Employment Prospects for Machine Learning Graduates in the USA:
Job opportunities have steadily increased for AI and ML graduates. The USA offers numerous opportunities at private and technology companies, especially in job profiles like computer scientists, algorithm specialists, engineering consultants, aviation, military electronics, and robotics, etc. Other job profiles include machine learning engineer, robotics engineer, IT director, chief technology officers, research scientists, senior data scientists, etc. Average salaries hover around $91,531 or INR 68.68 lakhs.
International aspirants from non-English speaking nations will require valid student visas. Students should apply for visas just as they get acceptance letters. Some compulsory documents are necessary for applying for student visas in the USA. They include:
● Receipt of application fee payment.
● Valid passport.
● DS-160 form.
● Acceptance letter from the educational institution.
● I-20 form.
● Academic transcripts.
● Proof of funds.
● Scores in standardized examinations.
● Ticket for returning home.
Candidates have to swiftly apply for their visas with all documents. They will have to schedule their visa interviews after that and clear them.
Recommended Read: Student Visa for the USA- Fee & Application Procedure
Choosing a master’s degree in the USA may be expensive, especially for an advanced course like machine learning. However, there are several scholarship options available for international students. Here’s taking a closer look at the same:
|Scholarship Name||Criteria||Scholarship Amount|
|QS Connect Master’s Scholarship||Merit-based scholarship for those looking to opt for masters in the USA.||$2,000 or INR 1.5 lakhs|
|PEO International Peace Scholarship||Women choosing graduate courses in the USA||$12,500 or INR 9.29 lakhs|
|Inlaks Scholarship||Applicants from India with first-class UG degrees.||Up to $100,000 or INR 74.30 lakhs|
|Fulbright Scholarships for Indians||Residents of India with stellar academic scores and proficiency in English.||Tuition costs and attendance charges.|
|Fully Funded Rotary Peace Fellowships||International students pursuing master’s degrees.||Tuition fees and field study costs.|
More Resources to Read About USA:
Frequently Asked Question
There is substantial demand for machine learning graduates across the USA. It has been highlighted that machine learning is one of the fastest-growing careers in the country, with attractive median salaries for trained professionals. Machine learning offers constant growth and an excellent scope of research and development in this field. You can start learning ML closely while executing some projects over online platforms. You can also begin by publishing a few papers in machine learning. You should enhance your education by taking advanced certification along with your UG degree. You should boost your analytical skills and aptitude in statistics, mathematics, and programming, among other disciplines.
Is machine learning in demand in the USA?
How do I prepare for an MS in machine learning in the USA?
There is substantial demand for machine learning graduates across the USA. It has been highlighted that machine learning is one of the fastest-growing careers in the country, with attractive median salaries for trained professionals. Machine learning offers constant growth and an excellent scope of research and development in this field.
You can start learning ML closely while executing some projects over online platforms. You can also begin by publishing a few papers in machine learning. You should enhance your education by taking advanced certification along with your UG degree. You should boost your analytical skills and aptitude in statistics, mathematics, and programming, among other disciplines.