Cloud computing is a promising career for STEM students. A master’s in cloud computing is a postgraduate degree taught to students with computer science or information technology-related backgrounds. MS in cloud computing is one of the most popular courses to pursue in the US and is offered by some of the best American universities. The US is already the best study abroad destination with numerous career opportunities for international students and post-study work options. Since cloud computing is one of the most in-demand courses, students prefer getting an MS degree in computer cloud computing from the best American universities.
MS in cloud computing in the USA is a course with a duration of one to two years. Keep reading to know more about the best universities offering master’s in cloud computing in the USA along with the average fee structure and job opportunities available.
Best Universities in the USA for MS in Cloud Computing
The US is one of the top-ranked study abroad destinations for international students since it is home to a majority of the top 10 universities globally. Being placed by the top-ranking systems consistently, students from across the world choose the US for MS in cloud computing. Some of the universities in the US for MS in cloud computing:
1. Stevens Institute of Technology
2. Illinois Institute of Technology
3. University of Michigan-Dearborn
4. Arizona State University
5. University of South Dakota
6. San José State University
7. George Washington University
8. Marist College
9. Capella University
The best thing about the US universities offering cloud computing courses is the specializations that they offer. The universities offer two specializations to every student taking the MS cloud computing program.
Let us take a quick look at the specializations that are offered by the top-ranked US universities offering cloud computing courses –
1. Data Analytics
2. Cloud Infrastructures
3. Data-intensive Computing
4. Mobile Services
5. Information Management
6. Cloud Computing in Cyber Security
7. Software Engineering
8. Network Management
9. Internet of Things
Level of Study
MS in Cloud computing is a postgraduate course opted for by undergraduate students with a full-time graduate degree in computer science or a relevant field of study. MS in the US holds a lot of global prestige especially when done from a top-ranked university.
After completion of a master’s in cloud computing in the USA, students can either get placed or can go for Ph.D. or doctoral studies in cloud computing specializations.
Some of the most popular MS programs in Cloud Computing are:
1. MSc Advanced Computer Science (Cloud Computing)
2. MRes Cloud Computing for Big Data
3. MSc Cloud Computing
4. MSc Cloud and Enterprise Computing
5. MSc Cloud Computing
6. MSc Computer Science (Security and Distributed Computing)
7. MSc Network Management and Cloud Computing
8. MS Cloud Computing and Data Security
Cloud computing is a demanding course and therefore the tuition can be slightly heavy on the pocket. Private universities are much more expensive in comparison to public US universities. International students are eligible for receiving full funding.
The average fee for cloud computing programs in the US range from $10,000 (INR 761829) to $30,000 (INR 2285488) per year. Below are fees for the top universities –
1. Stevens Institute of Technology: INR 17.9 Lakh
2. Illinois Institute of Technology: INR 27.4 Lakh
3. University of Michigan, Dearborn: INR 19.3 Lakh
4. Arizona State University: INR 23.7 Lakh
5. University of South Dakota: INR 32.3 lakh
6. San José State University: INR 17.5 lakh
7. George Washington University: INR 19.3 Lakh
8. Marist College: INR 15.9 Lakh
9.Capella University: INR 27.8 Lakh
Cloud Computing offers a promising future for fresh graduates and also for individuals with a good number of experience. Job opportunities are constantly rising in the US job market and globally as well.
According to a recent analysis, the scope for cloud computing graduates in the US is immense and more than 30,000 jobs at all levels in cloud computing fields are available. Since every role comprises knowledge of the basics of cloud computing, students must take up MS in cloud computing in the US. Let us understand some of the most popular job opportunities with the average salary offered by the top brands in the country –
1. Cloud Developer: $93,400 (INR 71,15,945)
2. Cloud Software Engineer: $87,300 (INR 66,51,199)
3. Cloud Product Manager: $102,390 (INR 78,00,873)
4. Cloud Business Analyst: $130,500 (INR 99,42,514)
5. Cloud Network Planner: $96,200 (INR 73,29,271)
6. Cloud Sales Executive: $89,750 (INR 68,37,859)
7. Cloud Network Architect: $97,300 (INR 74,13,077)
8. Cloud Manager: $104,600 (INR 79,69,249)
9. Cloud Consultant: $93,200 (INR 71,00,996)
10. Cloud System Engineer: $118,400 (INR 90,21,008)
For fresh graduates after completion of MS in cloud computing in the US, the average salary is USD 93,625 (INR 71,33,377) per year. For experienced individuals, it is more than 1,30,000 USD (INR 99,04,823) per year. Professionals with MS in Cloud Computing in the USA degrees and proper team management skills, earn 50% more than the average base salary.
Cloud computing courses and programs in the US open up unlimited career opportunities with the best salary packages for international students. However, getting admission to the top-ranked universities in the US will not be an easy task for international students due to the competitive admission process. Get in touch with the academic counselors of upGrad Abroad to know more about the admission process.
Start Your Study Abroad
✓ Save upto 30Lakh ✓ No IELTS required
✓End to end Visa/Application support
✓End to end Visa/Application support